Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Well to be completely honest, receiving and especially covering someone isn't one of Gabi's strengths. She may be an all around OHs, but for sure isn't a 'brilliant' passer

I agree about covering someone but I’d say reception is one of her strengths. She’s obviously not “brilliant” to the level of someone like Robinson, but she’s still a very good passer.

• I agree about covering someone but I’d say reception is one of her strengths. She’s obviously not “brilliant” to the level of someone like Robinson, but she’s still a very good passer.

Robinson can not cover either. If she could, Terzic would have her covering Mihajlovic, instead of having Mihajlovic and Vargas receiving.

They probably have practiced that a lot already, but Robinson is not delivering. That's why Terzic is even using Vargas to receive to help everyone. And why would he do that if Robinson could simply cover Brankika?

But when they played with Fatma, she fully covered Mihajlovic, just like Busa/Malesevic does.

Anyways. The user above was not saying Gabi must cover anyone. He was saying Gabi's job is to cover the back court as a defender and not receiver.

• Well to be completely honest, receiving and especially covering someone isn't one of Gabi's strengths. She may be an all around OHs, but for sure isn't a 'brilliant' passer

Definitely agree. Since Gabi is a short player everyone is assuming that she is a brilliant passer but she is not. I'm not saying that she is a bad passer but she is not the type of OH who would cover someone else

• Exactly. Same goes for Guldeniz for example

But Güldeniz is a great defender

• THIS,

When I said covering, it means back court defense as a whole, not covering someone's passing. Gabi is one of the best back court defensive players and even the iconic Zhu Ting admit that.

I agree. She is just confident if amanda or leia is in court. With her alone, sometimes she is being targeted by other national teams!

• for me, the best and the most stable passer of all time is jacwueline. She might have past her prime but during her hey days her pass is outstanding. Its commanding.

For superliga maira is the most stable in the pass then nyeme.

• Definitely agree. Since Gabi is a short player everyone is assuming that she is a brilliant passer but she is not. I'm not saying that she is a bad passer but she is not the type of OH who would cover someone else

You have to look at the composition of today's Vakifbank first before making assumptions like this.

You can cover for Zhu, Mihajlovic and Kosheleva back when she was at her peak. You can't do that anymore in Vakifbank without a strong left side attacker. Ebrar has to work on her own attacking skills before Vakifbank can come back to this kind of reception arrangement and even then, Zhu is a good passer for such an offensive OH that they only do this when they're in a pinch and they need Zhu to score for efficiency's sake.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney