Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Beyza with new hairstyle(for me i dont have a lot of time to watch Ecz matches this season), i dont recognize her for first and than i see her number....I was ready and start to type there a question who is that haha.

• Rasic 14 points

3 blocks, 1 ace, 10 kills (10/12 - 83%)

Meliha had a awful match.

Did Gabi played ?

• Yasemin’s attacks were pretty bad before but I see that it has been improving. I hope she will keep working on that and I believe she has not yet found her rythm in block, hope that will also improve. Considering she played with that horrible setter Elif Sahin a year and a half, it is not much of a surprise she was bad at it but I hope it will be better. I want her in the bets 😍

• Aydin 3-2 PTT (25-21, 23-25, 28-26, 26-28, 15-13)

Meryem Boz 34 points! :box:

Polen also with the best match of the season for her with 23 points. You can tell she is really angry Meryem replaced her in NT :lol: but yea Meryem proved again it was with reason. (Winning the match for her team by winning the last 2 points at 13-13) I wish all youngsters played starter too this season...

• That's the story of Boz's career. Dominates against weak(er) competition, but just does not cut it at the highest level. And that's okay. Not everyone can be a lethal world-beating machine, or such a thing would lose all value. She is an excellent reserve option. But if you expect her to carry you to trophies and medals as a starting opp, well, think again.

• Agree on Janko. Already in last week's match, Meryem could not kill the ball out of 3 swings to help her team to make the score 24-24, while Vargas got one set and simply nailed it. To me she is useful for mediocre teams, between 5-8 in Turkish league, she can also be useful in a team where OHs are scoring, but other than that, she can end up as a failure like she did last season with GS.

• She was quite good last week though and also vs Vakifbank where she literally took a set all by herself, I doubt even Boskovic could make such a messy Aydin win vs Fenerbahçe that day and let's not forget that yes she's a late bloomer but also she is 31 now and for sure can't be physically what Egonu, Boskovic, Vargas can.

Still agree in general with the thought if you mean she can't carry a team all alone, but she has a good season and I don't like labeling ppl/players like that. The top are not robots either, we'll see.

To me the case in GS was very different though, that team together definitely sucked anyway bcs Hande can't receive and Meryem needs good sets, and GS is barely a 'top' team. This season so far the OHs in Aydin are not great but she has still been useful with Ezgi Dilik, but in general yea you need scoring OHs next to her to make it big (not just with her lol). I like her a lot though, clearly with her late-bloom a player that likes to hustle and is passionate. She is having a very good season so far and is 2nd best scorer besides Boskovic and thats that.

• Fatma+Seyma

1 out

Derya+Tugba (probably Tugba)

1 in

In NT

Needs to happen btw and I love Fatma, but Terzic is simply not giving her chances despite we know what she can do and how she can be "lord and saviour." Seyma is mostly underwhelming.

Tugba is having a great season tbh!

• Wait, what? For the O Qualies?

• Wait, what? For the O Qualies?

Yes. Why not! Derya seems not ready yet I have to admit, especially reception wise. But Tugba for sure deserved the call imo and she is outplaying her competition so far by quite a margin so it seems it would be a smarter decision too for Turkey.

• Yes. Why not! Derya seems not ready yet I have to admit, especially reception wise. But Tugba for sure deserved the call imo and she is outplaying her competition so far by quite a margin so it seems it would be a smarter decision too for Turkey.

Okay, but this is just your hopes, right, not something that was leaked to internet peoples?

• Okay, but this is just your hopes, right, not something that was leaked to internet peoples?

Oh yea it's just my desire, but I think it can likely happen tbh especially if AGY continues to stay on that top 6-8 table. Seyma is playing with 20-30% average. According to stats Tugba is 4th best OH in the league and has 14 aces and Seyma is 15th so far, Fatma with her little time on court 25th best OH. 4th is a bit too high maybe XD but still stats are stats and clearly she is doing something right.

• She was quite good last week though and also vs Vakifbank where she literally took a set all by herself, I doubt even Boskovic could make such a messy Aydin win vs Fenerbahçe that day and let's not forget that yes she's a late bloomer but also she is 31 now and for sure can't be physically what Egonu, Boskovic, Vargas can.

Still agree in general with the thought if you mean she can't carry a team all alone, but she has a good season and I don't like labeling ppl/players like that. The top are not robots either, we'll see.

To me the case in GS was very different though, that team together definitely sucked anyway bcs Hande can't receive and Meryem needs good sets, and GS is barely a 'top' team. This season so far the OHs in Aydin are not great but she has still been useful with Ezgi Dilik, but in general yea you need scoring OHs next to her to make it big (not just with her lol). I like her a lot though, clearly with her late-bloom a player that likes to hustle and is passionate. She is having a very good season so far and is 2nd best scorer besides Boskovic and thats that.

Meryem is not a late bloomer, she was pretty good when she was playing in Ilbank, indeed she was considered as a great prospect than but she stopped developing after leaving Ilbank

• Oh yea it's just my desire, but I think it can likely happen tbh especially if AGY continues to stay on that top 6-8 table. Seyma is playing with 20-30% average. According to stats Tugba is 4th best OH in the league and has 14 aces and Seyma is 15th so far, Fatma with her little time on court 25th best OH. 4th is a bit too high maybe XD but still stats are stats and clearly she is doing something right.

Stats for best outside is very weird. According to that, Ebrar is the best outside, Plak is 5th, Saliha Şahin is 6th, Meliha 7th. I can't imagine what kind of calculation make these players ahead of Gabi, Natalia and Robinson:what:

I think algorithm over calculates aces and blocks. Spiking efficiency and perfect reception should be more determining since these two are the main responsibilities of an outside

• Stats for best outside is very weird. According to that, Ebrar is the best outside, Plak is 5th, Saliha Şahin is 6th, Meliha 7th. I can't imagine what kind of calculation make these players ahead of Gabi, Natalia and Robinson:what:

I think algorithm over calculates aces and blocks. Spiking efficiency and perfect reception should be more determining since these two are the main responsibilities of an outside

I agree, same applies for other lists too. I think I would directly check the best attackers and receivers to see who are the best OHs of the league.

Meanwhile, Asli Kalac scored 17 points (13 attacks, 4 blocks) being the match's best scorer, go gurl!