Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• I agree, same applies for other lists too. I think I would directly check the best attackers and receivers to see who are the best OHs of the league.

Meanwhile, Asli Kalac scored 17 points (13 attacks, 4 blocks) being the match's best scorer, go gurl!

Indeed I would like to see such a ranking but with current stats, we can only see the top 5 best attackers, receiver etc.:down:

Aslı is having an amazing season, definitely outplaying Belien. To be honest, better than any other local MBs except Eda.

Surprisingly Cagla is setting to MBs a lot! I didn't expect this from her. Another positive surprise is Gizem's reception. She has been a great digger but she was a bad passer for a libero, which was the reason that she was kicked out of Vakıfbank but this season she is very solid at reception. Maybe playing next to another solid passer like Güldeniz gave her more confidence.

• Stats for best outside is very weird. According to that, Ebrar is the best outside, Plak is 5th, Saliha Şahin is 6th, Meliha 7th. I can't imagine what kind of calculation make these players ahead of Gabi, Natalia and Robinson:what:

I think algorithm over calculates aces and blocks. Spiking efficiency and perfect reception should be more determining since these two are the main responsibilities of an outside

I agree with this also actually, it's why Haak and Vargas are immediately best Opp over Boskovic and Boz because of the aces, its literally all it takes with this system. But I was also still speaking in general Tugba still outperformed Seyma and Fatma in all aspects basically and the stats list is another indicator though not very reliable. I'd look at individual stats like reception % and kill % over it also and my point was those are still better.

Cagla is not a great setter for outsides typically but I don't know why people are surprised about her connection with the middles, she likes feeding the middles. She did the same with CJ Jackson last year. Asli surprisingly has an amazing season so far, with Kübra's absence, no doubt she will take 3rd MB spot (she seems like she wants to fight for that starter 2nd spot too) probably Yasemin 4th.

• Meryem is not a late bloomer, she was pretty good when she was playing in Ilbank, indeed she was considered as a great prospect than but she stopped developing after leaving Ilbank

Yea, she was always considered a great prospect but what I meant was simply she is one of those players who peaked her carreer at a later stage. I think partly this is actually also because at the time the NT chose Polen over her(Polen was good then), who knows things might have been different if they had chosen her at the time.

• Yea, she was always considered a great prospect but what I meant was simply she is one of those players who peaked her carreer at a later stage. I think partly this is actually also because at the time the NT chose Polen over her(Polen was good then), who knows things might have been different if they had chosen her at the time.

It was her call indeed. She shouldn't have left to Poland and then sitting on bench of fener while she needed to play most.

I see same future with ceren kestirengoz. She was AMAZING during youth and junior NT years and then she made bad choices with her transfers. Now she will end up another polen in Fenerbahçe's bench:down:

• Can I just say Asli Kalaç's insta and persona is high-key ICONIC aside from playing amazing :lol::mirror:

#wokeuplikethat #goddess

She is such a likable person. I love her reactions in this video

https://mobile.twitter.com/giz…tatus/1192472363096563713

• Plak is quite possibly one of the least graceful players in the history of the game. Too often, she does not look or moves like a professional athlete that she is (and a fine one, if lacking in the most important quality for her position, reception). It's harsh to say it, but there is no escaping the fact that she is too fat, and that her unusually large gluteus maximus is physically dragging her down too much whenever she jumps.

• Anyone know when Ecz and Vakifbank will play their match in VVSL. I know that they can not play when the others club play 11th match because few days after that will play in China WCCh but i am interested in are they play before or after the WCCh.

Or maybe, but very low possible, tvf will count super cup match also as league match.

Anyone know some officaly??

• Anyone know when Ecz and Vakifbank will play their match in VVSL. I know that they can not play when the others club play 11th match because few days after that will play in China WCCh but i am interested in are they play before or after the WCCh.

Or maybe, but very low possible, tvf will count super cup match also as league match.

Anyone know some officaly??

November 29th Eczacıbaşı will host VakifBank in their first league encounter this season at 16:30 local time. So just before WCCh...

• It's funny, but prior to last season, everybody expected Eczacibasi to dominate due to the partnering of what was then widely considered 2 out of best 3 players in the world, and we know how that turned out. This year, everybody expected Fenerbahce to not only finally be a real contender for the first time in years, but actually to win all domestic competitions (just check earlier in this thread). And indeed, on paper, they have the strongest squad. However, thus far, Eczacibasi has no defeat in any competition, while Fenerbahce has 3 (2 of those to Vitra).

Of course, it's just a start, and Fenerbahce may end up winning both the league and the cup, but in both cases, we were blinded by the names involved, without considering the fact that they were newly constructed teams, with players who don't have much experience playing with each other (at least those most important). It's that factor, continuity of squads from year to year and the experience of playing together, more than any other single factor or player, that contributed to such a profound dominance of Vakifbank over Turkish volleyball in the last decade. And it's exactly that which this year's Vakifbank team most lacks.

• It's funny, but prior to last season, everybody expected Eczacibasi to dominate due to the partnering of what was then widely considered 2 out of best 3 players in the world, and we know how that turned out. This year, everybody expected Fenerbahce to not only finally be a real contender for the first time in years, but actually to win all domestic competitions (just check earlier in this thread). And indeed, on paper, they have the strongest squad. However, thus far, Eczacibasi has no defeat in any competition, while Fenerbahce has 3 (2 of those to Vitra).

Of course, it's just a start, and Fenerbahce may end up winning both the league and the cup, but in both cases, we were blinded by the names involved, without considering the fact that they were newly constructed teams, with players who don't have much experience playing with each other (at least those most important). It's that factor, continuity of squads from year to year and the experience of playing together, more than any other single factor or player, that contributed to such a profound dominance of Vakifbank over Turkish volleyball in the last decade. And it's exactly that which this year's Vakifbank team most lacks.

I did not see Fener can win all domestic games. Remembered how they lost to Ecz in set #5 a few weeks ago. Their reception is not stable.

• After watching vakif Vvakif as scand match, I think next year many clubs will compete for signing Zhuting.Though i know zhu will come back to vakif with a great probabilty ,I think vitra and fener still will have a try.I think they can think of Other ohs in NT china.though Li and Zhang cant reach the ability of Zhu,they still are good ohs which can have good competitiveness in eour league

• After watching vakif Vvakif as scand match, I think next year many clubs will compete for signing Zhuting.Though i know zhu will come back to vakif with a great probabilty ,I think vitra and fener still will have a try.I think they can think of Other ohs in NT china.though Li and Zhang cant reach the ability of Zhu,they still are good ohs which can have good competitiveness in eour league

Next year 2021 is national games year. Doubt that Tianjin or Jiangsu would let Li or Zhang go.

The start-up players of Chinese national team are good enough to play in top european clubs. The problem is that they do not want to or not allowed.:drink:

• On the site of the VVSL write that match Vakif vs Eczacibasi will play at 14 december and i am confused now and seraching for confirmation whic date is true, i believe more in your source guys than dataproject site. I am been excited that i wacth that game next week.

https://tvf-web.dataproject.co…D=111&PID=85&type=LegList

• On the site of the VVSL write that match Vakif vs Eczacibasi will play at 14 december and i am confused now and seraching for confirmation whic date is true, i believe more in your source guys than dataproject site. I am been excited that i wacth that game next week.

https://tvf-web.dataproject.co…D=111&PID=85&type=LegList

Yes it is true. I just checked the schedule and they rescheduled the match to 14th December.