Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Fans without volleyball knowledge might think Vargas was better but she was having an awful season, Jordan performs well, we will see how she will do. Against top teams, it will better to judge after she plays top teams, her impact to defense and overall game quality is better so far.

• Dicle Nur Babat played all 3 sets today and did a decent job (4/7 attack, 2 blocks, 1 ace). I think this was her first match after injury so hopefully we will see more of her in the second half of the season.

• Fans without volleyball knowledge might think Vargas was better but she was having an awful season, Jordan performs well, we will see how she will do. Against top teams, it will better to judge after she plays top teams, her impact to defense and overall game quality is better so far.

Vargas was injured before the season started and missed a few games. When she returned she hit over 40-50% in every game she played. That`s not awful. That`s great. And she was expected to help in reception, something she`s not comfortable doing.

Even Ceren put up good numbers when she played with the exception of one game.

The lies y’all tell yourselves to convince yourself your favorite player is the best option...

• Vargas has potential to be good as Boskovic and Egonu but Thompson not, not even near.

• Vargas is not reliable to play 2 games in a row at the same level. You can't win trophies with this type of opposite. There is no difference on her volleyball technique-IQ between the first game she played with fenerbahce jersey and the last game. She didn't improve, she was still just uncontrollable power.

JT is def better and will be much better.

• Just feeling sad for Vargas and her injuries regardless. She was defo feeling the FB spirit. Even died her hair yellow in the beginning of the season 😭 wish her a speedy recovery.

And wish Thompson good luck, she is great as well. I don't know how anyone could deny her talents and potential. USA will finally have players to actually replace Hooker and not mediocre ones and not even 1 but 2. Annie Drews and Jordan Thompson, I believe 2024 will be the USA peak.

More love, less negativity to players and users here pls :flower:

• ALSO (old vid)

Min 1.29-1.35 <3

Queen is back (love Bahar too, but Babat is next level)

If she gets back in form, we'll have the classic FB wall again :box:

• Is pope really this harsh towards the USA players? I feel like that he/she never really like a single 1 player in this current USA squad.

Just asking beacuse Im new here. Thanks

• Is pope really this harsh towards the USA players? I feel like that he/she never really like a single 1 player in this current USA squad.

Just asking beacuse Im new here. Thanks

No he generally has crazy conspiracy theories whenever someone says something nice about Americans. Moreover he is as bias as crovolley to fabris when it comes to Serbian players, he generally makes fool of himself when he talks about how great Mirkovic is. So his comments sounds extra ridiculous to me🤔

• Strong opinion. Thompson accustomed to being scoring leader. Used to carrying the scoring load. Why Thompson not even near Boskovoc or Egonu level?

Well, unless Thompson can serve her team out from 5 down during a tie break, I don't think she'll ever near Egonu or Boskovic level.

It takes more than carrying a scoring load.

Goncharova have pretty much hit a road block because of her weak serve and in my opinion, that's as far as Thompson could ever go. Not that it's bad or anything because Goncharova is a very good opposite but not enough to win games on her own like Boskovic or Egonu.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• In my opinion, Annie Drews have the internal quality to challenge Egonu or Boskovic but talent-wise. I don't believe she has it. Karch rejecting her in WCH 2018 roster for an unprepared Lowe hurt like a second-hand smoke. I felt for her that day but in my opinion she has the right mentality because at her age, she would have probably retired, got married and raised a family but instead she persevered and improved to an MVP opposite. That's some kind of chip-in-her-shoulder gene that's not very present among the american players.

Thompson has the talent but she grew up in an era where the system in place can actually limit her possibilities. I don't know if she'll ever have that fire to improve. I guess time can only tell and she's still young.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Guys, you need to remember that Thompson just turned pro.. played her first game, I don't know, last week? And we are talking about potential, future, prediction.. Of course she is not at Egonu and Boskovic level, but she can be, or she can be average or a flop.. it happens... The potential is there and it's huge, no one can deny that, if she hadn't potential she wouldn't neither be called to NT nor signed her first pro contract for a team like Fenerbahçe...

• Just feeling sad for Vargas and her injuries regardless. She was defo feeling the FB spirit. Even died her hair yellow in the beginning of the season 😭 wish her a speedy recovery.

And wish Thompson good luck, she is great as well. I don't know how anyone could deny her talents and potential. USA will finally have players to actually replace Hooker and not mediocre ones and not even 1 but 2. Annie Drews and Jordan Thompson, I believe 2024 will be the USA peak.

More love, less negativity to players and users here pls :flower:

Is great you think this way. Because the american fan user above, posted during the OG QL, something like " I`m praying to god Turkey does not qualify". And he was throwing some insults towards Turkish Players the whole time. Even meatballs, called him out....You are a very forgiving person :saint:

• Guys, you need to remember that Thompson just turned pro.. played her first game, I don't know, last week? And we are talking about potential, future, prediction.. Of course she is not at Egonu and Boskovic level, but she can be, or she can be average or a flop.. it happens... The potential is there and it's huge, no one can deny that, if she hadn't potential she wouldn't neither be called to NT nor signed her first pro contract for a team like Fenerbahçe...

To be fair, the comparisons with Vargas is a little premature and very unfair to her.

Vargas is younger and doesn't have an NT to fully backed her up. It's not her fault she's in this situation but it doesn't absolve her from mistakes if she had any because the club clearly needs her to play to the level expected of her pay.

Thompson is older and plays in a very strong NT during the summer which leads to experiences that Vargas could never have. It's also not her fault that she have this kind of privilege that is unbeknownst to Vargas.

#FreeBritney

• Is great you think this way. Because the american fan user above, posted during the OG QL, something like " I`m praying to god Turkey does not qualify". And he was throwing some insults towards Turkish Players the whole time. Even meatballs, called him out....You are a very forgiving person :saint:

Always remember but also try to never hold grudges :bump: way to go

The insults are obviously an exception

• First of all, I am sorry, being off topic. I agree with you on this, but we should not forget Egonu (21y.o) and Boskovic (22y.o) is younger than Goncha. Goncha is 30y.o now. If you compare Egonu/Bosko with Goncha when she was 21/22, yes still they are better than Goncha imo.

OTOH, I have to admit that Egonu and Bosko's teammates in their NTs are better Goncha's teammates. Goncha scored 35 pts against USA in WCH 2018 but it was not enough because her teammates didn't contribute a lot. It was not her fault. I don't think Egonu and Bosko win the games on their own, reception, defence of Serbian/Italian NT is better than Russian NT. Not to mention, how perfect is Maja's sets to her teammates. When she was in D.Moscow, Fetisova contributed a lot and even D.Moscow defeated Vakifbank in CL last year.

I do understand your point but serving is an individual skill which isn't affected by team play. I'm still confused that FIVB took it down from the awards. Serving really hard and consistently is even more important than reception nowadays.

I mean let's face it. USA is the best receiving team in the world but a terrible russian team that finds their best serving form could compete with the americans despite the gap in reception capabilities and perceived "better setters" than the russians.

#FreeBritney