Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• First of all, I am sorry, being off topic. I agree with you on this, but we should not forget Egonu (21y.o) and Boskovic (22y.o) is younger than Goncha. Goncha is 30y.o now. If you compare Egonu/Bosko with Goncha when she was 21/22, yes still they are better than Goncha imo.

OTOH, I have to admit that Egonu and Bosko's teammates in their NTs are better Goncha's teammates. Goncha scored 35 pts against USA in WCH 2018 but it was not enough because her teammates didn't contribute a lot. It was not her fault. I don't think Egonu and Bosko win the games on their own, reception, defence of Serbian/Italian NT is better than Russian NT. Not to mention, how perfect is Maja's sets to her teammates. When she was in D.Moscow, Fetisova contributed a lot and even D.Moscow defeated Vakifbank in CL last year.

And Goncharova got injured in the WCH, had she played against China, Russia would have a better chance. I think had Goncha played, Lang Ping would probably have played with B team, because Goncha would push Chinese Players really hard in the game....not something that Lang Ping wanted.

• Let people love whoever they want to love.

Setter wise, I'm a super Buse Ünal stan for example and believe she'll beat Eczacibasi tomorrow (live on TRT SPOR btw) with her team Nilüfer Bursa especially with Atkinson now in Bursa.

Is this delusional? Yes, probably 99%. Who cares!

• Setting is subjective.

Startseva haters are always calling her predictable, mountain high ball setter or not precise enough to her middle hitters but Russia always go back to her when they're in trouble.:whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• And Goncharova got injured in the WCH, had she played against China, Russia would have a better chance. I think had Goncha played, Lang Ping would probably have played with B team, because Goncha would push Chinese Players really hard in the game....not something that Lang Ping wanted.

The problem with Goncha is that when she is in,the test of the team relies too much on her and slowly disappears.That may work against South Korea,DR,or Germany,but against equal or stronger teams,it's bound to fail.I believe that during that game (Russia vs China 2018 WCH) Russia was able to get a set (and almost took another,if I remember correctly) exactly because all the other players had to step up to cover for Goncha.

• Serving really hard and consistently is even more important than reception nowadays.

I mean let's face it. USA is the best receiving team in the world

I'm liking your attention to serve. Seems that's a lot to do with Germany's surge last tournament.

Who else besides Robinson factors into USA being best receiving team in the world, though?

#Gogo Buse Ünal

• i have not followed this thread and coming late to this topic, but vargas has been playing for CUB NT since she was 13, so she might be young, but she's not new for sure...

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. It worked with Wilfredo Leon but that doesn't mean it could work for her. Maybe early on, there are advantages but it probably damaged her physically in some ways. She could have needed more time maturing with her age-group before taking on the next level.

Unfortunately, for Cuba... it's not possible with all the defections and it's been downhill since that time. The men's team a little less so and are improving but the women's team have been bad to worse for years. From my observation, there's a trend going on between the two and it's parallel to one another.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Hope Nilufer will win against Eczacibasi tomorrow. They really need a slap on the face to wake up and understand how bad Motta is as a trainer and finally find someone who really cares and is ambitious. He is like a dark hole eating any talent and potential in the team and ruining a great investment.

• i'm sure it didn't help vargas when she played for the NT (when she was about 15) that the team was a huge mess, but i'm hoping it gave her some experience and maturity to develop into the player she is today. but she's done with the NT for a few years now...

• i'm sure it didn't help vargas when she played for the NT (when she was about 15) that the team was a huge mess, but i'm hoping it gave her some experience and maturity to develop into the player she is today. but she's done with the NT for a few years now...

She's still banned from the NT, isn't she? Thought it was four years of suspension but as you've said, it doesn't really matter anymore as Cuba won't be winning major tournaments unless they get their collective 💩 together.

#FreeBritney

• Cuba A would still to this day lose over a team of Cubans playing around the world, who have either changed their nationality, are banned or are not playing for Cuba for any other federation linked reason. To be honest, Cuba International would destroy Cuba A and could even be a possible top level country.

Sad

• OT: CUB international could have players such as vargas, casanova, salas, silva, etc. (who else is still active????) but who would be setter and libero?

Cleger

Santos - with great jump serve

Daimi the great

Silie - i think she's playing in a second league

These were the setters/Opps back then when they used 6-2 rotation in all their games.

• Vargas is not reliable to play 2 games in a row at the same level. You can't win trophies with this type of opposite. There is no difference on her volleyball technique-IQ between the first game she played with fenerbahce jersey and the last game. She didn't improve, she was still just uncontrollable power.

JT is def better and will be much better.

You are talking out of your ass.

Last season Vargas spiked over 50% for the season 411/800. And some games she spiked over 60%. She was their best score in literally every single game they played all season long.

Kupa Cup semis against Vakifbank she won the game on her own by scoring 38 points hitting 68%.

People even criticized Ana a lot by saying she was overusing Vargas in every single game. Vargas carried them on her back all season long.

Vargas is 20 years old.... Jordan is already 23 (turning 24 in May).... Vargas turns 21 only in October. There`s a 4 year age difference.

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com/Statistics.aspx?ID=31&PID=69

• In my opinion, Annie Drews have the internal quality to challenge Egonu or Boskovic but talent-wise. I don't believe she has it. Karch rejecting her in WCH 2018 roster for an unprepared Lowe hurt like a second-hand smoke. I felt for her that day but in my opinion she has the right mentality because at her age, she would have probably retired, got married and raised a family but instead she persevered and improved to an MVP opposite. That's some kind of chip-in-her-shoulder gene that's not very present among the american players.

Thompson has the talent but she grew up in an era where the system in place can actually limit her possibilities. I don't know if she'll ever have that fire to improve. I guess time can only tell and she's still young.

what do you mean by internal quality and how is it any different than talent?:what: