Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Bartsch-Hackley fits well in Vakifbank. They will be stronger now, especially in CL!

• Kübra finally back on court, good for her!^^

• I get the feeling the THY players truly do not like Abondanza...

THY might completely change up the line-up next season, they have VakifBank money but not a super competitive line-up yet. Sorry to say but Havlickova looks... heavy, seems to get heavier with the day.

• Freya is the kind of energy every team needs :lol:

That foot save followed by block by Anne :heart:

It seems the team is having fun at least so long Abondanza doesnt speak lol

• I had my doubts, but Planinsec seems a way better fit than Sobolska for Aydin!

• So two big Turkish talents are now sitting on the bench for Vakifbank, it will be even worse in CL

When will they realize that they need to play in weaker clubs.

Gala for Ebrar-Meliha duo would be PERFECT!!

Even Cansu, just imagine with 3 foreign how good they can be, but no it is better to be on the bench..

Cansu on another is playing at least in domestic league...

• I agree about Ebrar but not Meliha. She has the same pattern for years, she seems to enjoy being a bench player for bigger clubs, first she was benched in FB, then she goes to Eczacibasi and is benched there and now in Vakifbank, she is sitting at the bench. I don't think playing as starting 6 is not her priority.

Though Ebrar should play opposite and should go to a team where she can play simply every match. I don't think this team will be GS. As MTS already rumoured, GS's OH duo next season will probably be Neriman-Guldeniz. Gizem Karadayi also reported on her instagram that she will stay next season. Setter Cagla has 1 more year of contract. If Asli Kalac stays too, then GS will use foreigner spots for opposite, middle blocker and maybe for an OH. Anyway, I hope Antonaki stays at least one more season, I like her vibes!

• according to some turkish sources ,a player who is the symbol of her team will be transferred by another team. .I guess Aslı will be transferred by fenerbahçe next summer because Güldeniz became the captain of galatasaray instead of aslı last week.In addition,she is actually a fenerbahçe fan.

• I agree about Ebrar but not Meliha. She has the same pattern for years, she seems to enjoy being a bench player for bigger clubs, first she was benched in FB, then she goes to Eczacibasi and is benched there and now in Vakifbank, she is sitting at the bench. I don't think playing as starting 6 is not her priority.

Though Ebrar should play opposite and should go to a team where she can play simply every match. I don't think this team will be GS. As MTS already rumoured, GS's OH duo next season will probably be Neriman-Guldeniz. Gizem Karadayi also reported on her instagram that she will stay next season. Setter Cagla has 1 more year of contract. If Asli Kalac stays too, then GS will use foreigner spots for opposite, middle blocker and maybe for an OH. Anyway, I hope Antonaki stays at least one more season, I like her vibes!

İ think Thy is very good option for ebrar.

• I don't understand your fixation on the fact that Ebrar will sit on the bench since MBH was transferred. It has been proven on a couple of occasions that the 3 OHs that Vakif have can be quite unstable, both on reception and attack. Bartsch will turn 30, has plenty playing experience under her belt. She's here just to reinforce Vakif's roster not to take anyone's place.. sitting on the bench won't hurt her career. If Ebrar can perform on a decent level, I'm sure she'll get to start.. especially in TL. Bartsch tranfer is simply to help them win CL IMO.

• Because Bartsch is already playing as starter, and for sure this will not be only for now. You haven't watched their match against THY ???

Bartsch would be perfect for Conegliano, but next to better reciver than Sylla. Robinson would be way better choise. Or Brazilian OHs (Gabi or Natalia)

• Because Bartsch is already playing as starter, and for sure this will not be only for now. You haven't watched their match against THY ???

Bartsch would be perfect for Conegliano, but next to better reciver than Sylla. Robinson would be way better choise. Or Brazilian OHs (Gabi or Natalia)

She played as a starter to give her playing time, and an opportunity to get into the groove since she's been with the team really shortly. Milena was out of the roster, and that won't happen against the top teams in TL, especially considering Kubra just got back from her injury. Maja must be in the roster too, so that leaves Gabi, Haak and Bartsch. You connect the dots, but it's obvious Michelle will spend most of the time on the bench... If everyone is performing on an expected level of ocurse

• according to some turkish sources ,a player who is the symbol of her team will be transferred by another team. .I guess Aslı will be transferred by fenerbahçe next summer because Güldeniz became the captain of galatasaray instead of aslı last week.In addition,she is actually a fenerbahçe fan.

Wow, that will be a bummer since she has been the only solid local player for GS for many years in a row now. Though, FB desperately needs a strong local MB who can hit from zone 3 and Asli-Eda duo can be great for them.

To be honest, I can't think of any symbol names among the active players, other than Asli and Eda. Eda leaving FB would be a big scandal though which I don't expect at all. Also as you mentioned, change of captains in GS signals something.