Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• I was thinking the same about Derya. She has quick feet and a nice jump/hang time, can work better as an opposite, she is definitely a pleasure to watch compared to Gözde Yilmaz and Polen etc. I hope she won't waste herself as OH.

I think so too, assuming Tuğba Şenoğlu is going back to VB as well next season, I don't think she will have any chance to play as OH. But as Opp at least she can develop more to be an alternative to Ebrar in NT since I guess Meryem would retire after OG and we don't have any other option than Gözde Yilmaz:white:

• I think so too, assuming Tuğba Şenoğlu is going back to VB as well next season, I don't think she will have any chance to play as OH. But as Opp at least she can develop more to be an alternative to Ebrar in NT since I guess Meryem would retire after OG and we don't have any other option than Gözde Yilmaz:white:

Lol, Gözde Yilmaz played with 63% in attacking yesterday, looks like Maja can create Boskovic from any opposite :D

• Gozde Yilmaz was such a great prospect. Played a cev champions league final four for ECZ so great.

• i think that turkish clubs are to afraid of invest in local players.

I love to see Haak playing and for sure she is one of the best opp in the world. But when You have a great Prospect like Ebrar and a Good opp sub as Yilmaz could you not lock this position to Local players?

Vakif youth program seems to be way better than the others. Vakif seems to have the best local young players.

• Not investing in local players has nothing to do with fear or mistrust...

Top Turkish clubs like Vakıf and Eczacı are too ambitious, that's all...

They want to win everything and settle for nothing less...And growing local talent is not their priority...

A Turkish Federation vice president recently , openly admitted that over-ambitious clubs are hampering Turkish NT, this is very ironic

because volleyball in Turkey is mostly state-funded, much like in Russia...So they could run the way the league like the Russians but they don't which is kind of a mystery...

• Not investing in local players has nothing to do with fear or mistrust...

Top Turkish clubs like Vakıf and Eczacı are too ambitious, that's all...

They want to win everything and settle for nothing less...And growing local talent is not their priority...

A Turkish Federation vice president recently , openly admitted that over-ambitious clubs are hampering Turkish NT, this is very ironic

because volleyball in Turkey is mostly state-funded, much like in Russia...So they could run the way the league like the Russians but they don't which is kind of a mystery...

How come is it state founded? Eczacıbaşı is a private company, FB and GS are sport clubs, it is only Vakıfbank that might be counted as 'state-funded'

I also don't agree with "growing local talent is not their priority" Do you have any idea how much money do Eczacıbaşı and Vakıfbank spend for their youth academy? In recent years both GS and FB also invest a lot to their youth academies.

• Derya Cebecioğlu hasn't shown any sign of improvement at reception so far and it is not like she is Kosheleva at offense. Thus I think she should consider changing her position to Opp.

LOL on that first line :)

Whenever I think about OHs moving to OP I think of three guitar players who form a band and one of them has to play bass. It's not that easy. You either understand bass clef, and feel it in your loins, or you don't. A righty hitting from the right has peculiar characteristics. Having said that, in the limited amount I've seen Derya play, she seems to hit comfortably from the right side. I'd like to see her do something to find a niche. 10,000 hours of practicing reception is probably not an option

• Are you aware that Derya is only 19...How good was Hande's reception 3 years ago?

I think Derya's problem is mental, she seems a bit intense (She's a scorpio)...

She'll get over it with time...

Seriously? It is about her terrible technique, not her zodiac sign:aww::wall:

• Why are you "compelled" to argue with everything I say?

Almost every great receiver says reception is mostly mental...

I am not compelled to argue with you but if I disagree, I am entitled to state that. This is whole point of forum right?

For sure, reception has mental element just like most other volleyball skills such as serving. However, I don't think it is about mental she simply has 'lazy feet', her reaction timing is mostly very late, and her approach is not proper. So my point is she wouldn't be a great receiver if she was Sagittarius unless her technique drastically improves:roll:

• You don't make sense...

If her technique were as bad as you said Guidetti would never call her for NT in 2018 WCH...The guy is crazy about tachnique...

MBH improved her reception after the age of 27 dramatically...

I don't know if her problem was lazy feet but surely a 19 year-old can become a much better receiver in a couple of years...

Changing her position now would be plain murder...

• Hande was not stable receiver 3 years ago, correct but her platform technique was good, she needed more reps. Derya receives without solid platform technique, like Neriman. It doesn't matter how many years you have been passing, if you don't have a proper technique.

Other youngster, Ipar from Fb is not good receiver currently but she has a solid tecnique and will be okey after getting enough reps.

Hande-Ipar is my future OH duo for Turkey.

It might be better for Derya to swtich opp.

Ps; Derya was a part of Vakifbank after WCH'18 and she hasn't played a single game as starter, not even againts weakest teams.

• So everybody in the forum has a PhD in reception technique...

Let's wait a couple of years and see who's playing alongside Hande...

Over and Out.

Well clearly not you:whistle:

Guidetti didn't invite her just because of her reception technique, it was because of her attack. She was considered a great prospect 2 years ago but since then did she improve at all?

I agree with Taylor about her similarity with Neriman's technique. However, Derya doesn't have the explosive power of neither Neriman nor Hande. That's why her lack of reception makes her case more dramatic.

Her attacking from zone 2 is pretty good so I can see that she could be more successful if she switch to play as Opp and focus on her offensive skills instead of hopeless reception

• 'Derya Cebecioglu is gonna be such a good all around OH'

I'm just throwing it out here, the person knows who they are :lol: no drama, just a self-awareness moment for them

There were so many users here saying Hande should play as OPP, she is hopeless at OH, she should change her position bla bla:whistle:And now the next target is Derya who is just 19 years old. Nobody borns with great reception skills, it can definetely be developed. I like Derya a lot and I do believe she will be a good all around OH. This year she wont have a chance in VNL probably but if she stays in AGY or moves to a team she can play full time with a decent setter she will be better. :drink: She is important for Paris 2024:olympia:

• Some users, especially Turkish ones exaggerate issues to the greatest extent they can, so they prove their point.

Hande's case was extremely different. Question was almost never her receiving, but her attacking! She was more effective when she attacked from zone 2 than 4, that's why people suggested she should play opposite or receiving opposite for years. She played opposite/receiving opposite in GS last season at some parts still. Now finally since this summer, we see her attacking well consistently from zone 4, well done.

If you are expecting a Derya-Hande duo in the future, I am sure you don't have a PhD in anything. Hande became an all-around OH and receives well now but Derya will never reach there, she will remain a OH like Vasileva for example, who needs a limited area for receiving. For this to happen, Hande should become a receiver like Robinson or Larson, hopefully she will but does not have to.

Coming back to Derya, I agree on previous comments about her receiving technique, especially about the platform and timing. But I don't agree about her attacking. I think she is one of the rare attackers Turkey had in recent years, has quick feet and also very athletic, meaning jumps high, hangs well. She also has a quick armswing. Since Turkey is lacking a strong opposite and now when Ebrar is converted to OH, Derya can focus on improving her attacking and maybe become Turkey's Haak, instead of Neriman volume 2.