Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• There were so many users here saying Hande should play as OPP, she is hopeless at OH, she should change her position bla bla:whistle:And now the next target is Derya who is just 19 years old. Nobody borns with great reception skills, it can definetely be developed. I like Derya a lot and I do believe she will be a good all around OH. This year she wont have a chance in VNL probably but if she stays in AGY or moves to a team she can play full time with a decent setter she will be better. :drink: She is important for Paris 2024:olympia:

Agreed, even KYK herself said that she pretty much sucked at reception as a kid, but it's one of those things that really do improve if you just practice enough. I wouldn't mind if Derya eventually becomes an Opp or an Opp/OH kinda player, esepecially now we know that Ebrar can receive but even for Opp's at this age playing a little as OH is good, for the defensive skills and I don't think she is all that hopeless either.

Btw I'm one of those that said Hande should be Opp :cup::rolll: but it was indeed also mainly because of her attacking skills and because Turkey needed more options, quick. Back then. She definitely proved all of us wrong, and that should be a lesson to all of us before calling players hopeless. Heck, half the forum said Hande as OH was hopeless at some point I think LOL.

• While we're at it random Paris 2024 (Q.) squad guess from me:

Cansu Özbay - Ebrar Karakurt

Tugba Şenoğlu - Hande Baladin

Zehra Güneş - Yasemin Guveli

Aylin Sarioglu

bench: Simge/Gizem, Buse Unal, Derya Cebecioglu, Asli Kalac, Janset Cemre Erkul, Saliha Sahin

I'm aware some of these players are not world-class yet that I put as starters and same for the bench but this is a guess and it's 2020, so if this list triggers you pls take into account it's not that serious.

• What was the name again of the Cuban-Turkish player at 0.07 and 0.45 from youth squads?

I'm not even sure if she was ethnically Cuban, but she was really good in youth squads, so athletic and powerful and at that age. (Was U16 I think)

• I expect Naz still be in the roster, 34 is not an old age for a setter

• You mean Dalia Wilson Altinli ?

She is playing for Eczacibasi, indeed a good prospect. There are some good OHs and setters coming from U teams as well, unfortunately no solid opposites :( Eczacibasi's young opposite is looking good now but her technique is so similar to Polen's.

• She hits only in front of setter currently. Coaches in Eczaci youth academy should teach her slide attack footwork.

Aysun Ozbek was really good slide attacker, and then Eda Erdem owned this position. New generation middles are mostly not good sliders. We need someone for post Eda area.

• http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…D=111&PID=85&type=LegList

Yeşilyurt won against Beşiktaş 3-0 but Derya had a bad performance again. 14%attack and 16% reception with 3 mistakes. This is not against a top team, this is against Beşiktaş that is literally a bunch of girls from their youth academy:what:

To be honest I don't see Guidetti would call her back to Vakıfbank next season