Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Celeste Plak about the situation in Turkey.

Plak doesn't understand why the Turkish league hasn't been canceled yet and why they are still training, she says:

“We are human, not robots, we also have our health and family. "

She sees a big difference with the Netherlands when it comes to expressing your opinion. If it was her own choice she would already been in the Netherlands by her loved ones. In Turkey it is sensitive to express your opinion on this situation. She could be fired directly by the club if she would express her opinion. That's why she stays calm and signed th petition. Monday Beliën got permission of Galatasaray to go to the Netherlands. Plak hopes Aydin will follow soon.

https://www.gelderlander.nl/ov…ijn-geen-robots~a7dd32ca/

• Censorship :down::down:

• This is kind of heart breaking... Bur unfortunately from what I’ve heard this is the case of ALOT of athletes playing overseas right now. Not just volleyball. A lot of them are afraid to speak up and ask fo go to their homes/home country in fear of how they will be punished by the club. I understand they all signed contracts but no one would have ever guessed we would be dealing with a serious pandemic. This should be justified to letting them all go home. I agree with her about the league. I’m also confused why they haven’t canceled anything, but what do I know?

• Are they still training? This is awkward since most teams and their players are sharing videos from home only and most foreigners including Bartsch, Atkinson, Belien and Vasilantonaki left Turkey already. Must be the club's decision which is very wrong.

• Plak can go home now!:)

After a meeting of an hour with the staff of the team, they are allowed to go home. Her manager is now negotiating with the club to terminate her contract.

https://www.ad.nl/andere-sport…urkije-verlaten~a1f045ca/

• So the Olympics are rescheduled to summer 2021. Does this mean we won‘t see Zhu Ting this season in Turkey, too? I mean they have this rule that all atlethes must return home in the year before Olympics.

Probably :whistle:

• Again not so much interesting rumors about next season ?

Turkish league level is droping year by year, Natalia now left Turkey and She was one of the best OH there.

It looks like next year will be even worst. :gone:

Domestic players are still sitting on the bench. What will happend with Ebrar again one more year at the bench in Vakif, wtf girl are you doing ? When will you grow up as player ?

• When will you stop provoking this forum and especially Turkish users with your comments and grow up as a HUMAN? Start growing up and then come back and watch how turkish players grew up :wavy:

• Maybe Fabris could go back to Turkey so that the level of the league would be the highest among all.

• One would think from your posts about the Turkish League that it is a semi-amateur league, yes, it is true that the quality of the league is not commensurate with the investments, but the facts say that in the last 10 seasons of the Champions League (not counting this year), the winner has been six times on of the Turkish clubs, and in the 9/10 mentioned seasons one of the finalists was one of the Turkish teams. One more true is that there is a huge difference between the three biggest clubs and other clubs (and there is a huge difference between the first and last clubs among them), it makes the league less interesting to watch, but I believe that by choosing foreigners more carefully and developing and investing in Turks League home players significantly advance and justify investments in the coming years. It's also true that there are major club management mistakes in player selection, but it's also true that in this horror league, in your opinion, some of the biggest stars in this game (KYK, Boskovic, Maja, Natalia, Brankica, Gabi, Eda, Naz, Milena) and many more). I can also agree that young Turkish hopes do not have the best possible treatment in the clubs where they play and play for the right minute and my strategy would be to focus more on them, but it must also be borne in mind that the Turkish national team has been on the last 4 / 5 At least in the semifinals and with Serbia,on the European Championships have the best continuity in terms of long-term results (of course, Russia was a champion twice during this time and certainly a bigger success, but I meant here primarily the continuity of top results), of course, the successes on the world stage, except for a couple of good performances in WGP and VNl there were no more notable results.

• Now i'm very very sorry i lost 15 minutes of my life trying to explain to a completely unreasonable person something he can't understand. :wall:

• First of all Fabris is fine with her million worthy contract in Russia after her 3rd Champion Cup the in row.

And secondly as long as Turkish league doesn't give domestic players spots in starting six next to big foreign players. They will fall in front of Italian teams 3rd year in row and so on.

Why is this provocation ? This is the fact.

Player as Meliha, Ebrar, Hande, Cansu would not sit on the bench in Italian team. They would be full time starters. As Fahr, Lubian, Pietrini, Orro...

Look at older roster in Turkish teams, they always had some great domestic players.

Now only Fener is doing that.

• It is non of your business why do you don't want to understand it? We know your opinion about turkish league turkish clubs and turkish nt actually everything related with turkish. It is provokating if you keep saying it all the time everytime!

You don't even care about this players when they play in the NT you don't even support 1% Turkish NT so why do you share your wannabe ''interest'' to those players that they would not sit on the bench in italy? Why? You are not a fan of them its their business not yours. Basically shut up.

Than Turkish league will fall and Italian league keeps being the best league and now? What should we do against that now? Why do you have the desire to share this with us all the time? It is non of your business and therefore come up with normal comments without provokating anyone or anything or otherwise leave this thread and stay in your Italian league thread for ever. Thanks.

• Actually turkish league gives 4 starting 6+1 spots to its domestic players, 1 more than the italian league, which is the reason why the level Is dropping when their golden 1980s generation started retiring.

Give them 4 spots for the foreigners and you'll make them the NBA of volleyball.

The higher Is the level, the more the players improve. Many bench players from 15 years ago Serie A1 would be considered world classe players now. The old Robursport Pesaro didn't win anything having 4 OHs like Rinieri, Costagrande, Del Core and Mengarda and 2 opposites like Sheilla and Centoni in 2004-05, for example. This Is what I call élite volleyball. Not what Is left of Serie A1.

But let's talk about Imoco. Who cares! Amazing. Best team in the world. Wolosz best setter in the world. De Gennaro best libero in the world. Egonu best player in the world. Hill best i don't know what. Sylla and de Kruijf best players against coronavirus. Let them rule the world.

What scares me the most about Crovolley Is that if he saw Fernanda Venturini in her prime, he would make me hate my favourite setter ever. So he does with every other player or team he pushes hard for. He becomes so annoying that he manages to make you hate everything he pushes for with his trollish posts.

• All this players what you mentioned will be legends as all other "older" players for 10 years. Golden era of Imoco girls, the best team in there time.

Come to future, Boskovic, Zhu and Egonu. This 3 are one of the best players EVER. This 3 could alone beats your legends. Especially Egonu.