Russia - SUPERLIGA PARIMATCH 2019/2020

• Kaliningrad won in three close sets against Ekaterinburg and defended the lead of the league, Kazan inherited now finally second place before Uralochka this way. Saratov and Moscow are too far behind indeed, to play a major role for the first three (potentially CL qualifying, but wait for the playoffs) positions.

• Last round of qualification this weekend. Four teams compete (theoretically) for the two last playoff places: Krasnodar (6 victories, 17 pts.), Leningrad (5, 16), Minsk (5, 12), Zarechie (4, 13). Krasnodar should win (at Dinamo Metar) and stay in 6th place. The other teams are expected to lose (all away against top five teams). That would give Leningrad the last spot.

With a win against Zarechie Proton can secure 4th place (even though they have less points then their quarterfinal opponent Moscow). Just a reminder that they were in the last place last season!

Loko will keep the first place if they take their first team to Sakhalin. Kazan's first team only lost against Uralochka (juniors lost in Sakhalin).

• Ksenia

Changed the title of the thread from “Russia - Chempionat Sredi Zhenshchin 2019/2020” to “Russia - SUPERLIGA PARIMATCH 2019/2020”.
  • Surprise, surprise: Proton lost at home in tie-break after leading 2:1 in sets against underdog Odintsovo, and straightforwardly Moscow used this to overtake them in the very last moment possible in the table to take fourth place in the table :rolll:.

• Lokomotiv sent their youth squad to Sakhalin, i don't think they expected to win it. They also might have chosen between Moscow and Uralochka (if the favourites win). Moscow in the last game with Uralochka won by 3:0, and even for their bad regular season they are still a threat in the playoffs especially if it is true that Sukomel didn't even have video preparations for matches.

• Is there a punishment for the clubs if they travel to Sakhalin (or any other far away place) with youth team? I checked the stats last week and if I am not wrong many teams sent their squads to Sakhalin this season.

I was wondering the same. But it was "only" Kazan (youth team did really well) and Loko. I think the decision from Loko is worse because they basically chose to get Uralochka instead of Moscow in the playoffs. And Sakhalin ended up with the same number of victories as Moscow (more points) and Proton (better sets ratio).

Playoffs start this Friday:

Proton - Moscow

Krasnodar - Loko

Sakhalin - Uralochka

Leningradka - Kazan

Proton is imho the only team with a (very) small chance against the top four teams. Moscow is still far away from a good form (lost to Krasnodar two weeks ago) but Proton played much better at the start of the season than what they are showing now.

Some random stats:

Sakhalin: Maligina 29 % in attack, Samoilova 37 %

Parubets with most points, Fabris most points per set (6.24)

Kadochkina with 50 % in attack but did not play much because of injuries, Kleger 47 %, Fabris 46 %, Parubets 45 %, Goncharova 42 % (worst in years)

Most blocks per set: Koroleva (1.14), Fetisova (1.09), Lazarenko (1.08)

• Is there a punishment for the clubs if they travel to Sakhalin (or any other far away place) with youth team? I checked the stats last week and if I am not wrong many teams sent their squads to Sakhalin this season.

Yeah, The Russian Volleyball Federation fined Kaliningrad Lokomotiv 100 thousand rubles for sending their youth team to Sakhalin but I don't think this will harm their budget.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200226/1565244093.html