Russia - SUPERLIGA PARIMATCH 2019/2020

• One more great season for Fabris, winning (I hope they will win it :D) regular season.

Aftee so many com. that She made wrong move by moving to Russia.

Dinamo Kazan is back in CL next season, to bad that they are not performing this year...

• Lokomotiv sent their youth squad to Sakhalin, i don't think they expected to win it. They also might have chosen between Moscow and Uralochka (if the favourites win). Moscow in the last game with Uralochka won by 3:0, and even for their bad regular season they are still a threat in the playoffs especially if it is true that Sukomel didn't even have video preparations for matches.

• Is there a punishment for the clubs if they travel to Sakhalin (or any other far away place) with youth team? I checked the stats last week and if I am not wrong many teams sent their squads to Sakhalin this season.

I was wondering the same. But it was "only" Kazan (youth team did really well) and Loko. I think the decision from Loko is worse because they basically chose to get Uralochka instead of Moscow in the playoffs. And Sakhalin ended up with the same number of victories as Moscow (more points) and Proton (better sets ratio).

Playoffs start this Friday:

Proton - Moscow

Krasnodar - Loko

Sakhalin - Uralochka

Leningradka - Kazan

Proton is imho the only team with a (very) small chance against the top four teams. Moscow is still far away from a good form (lost to Krasnodar two weeks ago) but Proton played much better at the start of the season than what they are showing now.

Some random stats:

Sakhalin: Maligina 29 % in attack, Samoilova 37 %

Parubets with most points, Fabris most points per set (6.24)

Kadochkina with 50 % in attack but did not play much because of injuries, Kleger 47 %, Fabris 46 %, Parubets 45 %, Goncharova 42 % (worst in years)

Most blocks per set: Koroleva (1.14), Fetisova (1.09), Lazarenko (1.08)

• Is there a punishment for the clubs if they travel to Sakhalin (or any other far away place) with youth team? I checked the stats last week and if I am not wrong many teams sent their squads to Sakhalin this season.

Yeah, The Russian Volleyball Federation fined Kaliningrad Lokomotiv 100 thousand rubles for sending their youth team to Sakhalin but I don't think this will harm their budget.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200226/1565244093.html

• Now three of four teams for the semis are determined: Kazan and Kaliningrad made it yesterday, Uralochka again only in the tie-break, but Moscow lost at home (!) in tie-break against Proton Saratov and has to play now second home match against them for the decision.

• Dinamo Kazan is slaying this season, they have 19 or 20th victories in the row :white:

Fabris is staying but what will happend with De La Cruz her season is very good.

If they want make some surprise against Italians and Turkish clubs they need to sign one more foreign.

KYK will be free for next season and they have budget for her. They can surprise....

• Moscow is qualified too, they needed only 2 set to qualify. Same rules of european cups.

So far I know last season this was a classical best-of-three series with both better team home matches shortly one after another, if necessary. So I missed the change (and one liveticker I used didn't flag it accordingly, by the way).

• In the last match between Saratov and Moscow, when teams switched sides in fifth set Havelkova went to Grozier who was in the audience and Godina called her out and wrote

"Helena Havelkova allows herself to go to the podium to cuddle with her friend, who also calls himself a professional, during a side switch in the fifth installment, when her team loses" (google translated) .

She didn't warm-up in a game against Vakifbank so she might be off for the rest of the season

• Just really quickly already, now that they implemented Kosheleva in there team, Lokomotiv Kaliningrad look really dangerous and like the victors here in the end imo. Uralochka should try to break Lokomotiv reception line as that is a clear weakness

• Parubets... :white:

I've been following her and been a fan for years but jesus, she only gets better and better.

She is definitely one of the most complete/all-around OHs in 2020 and one of the only ones at that. Would love to see her abroad sometime :heart:

• Oooh really classy way to finish that set from Bojana.

Bojana's game was amazing tbh this set. She seems to have a 'mature' game for the first time, big setter aura.

• Parubets... :white:

I've been following her and been a fan for years but jesus, she only gets better and better.

She is definitely one of the most complete/all-around OHs in 2020 and one of the only ones at that. Would love to see her abroad sometime :heart:

She is the absolutely key player of Uralochka - without her, Ekaterinburg quickly collapses against every fairly good opponent.

• Hope Kesheleva's injury is nothing srs ;(

KSENIA PARUBETS :super:

Russian NT, fix ur issues, you got a golden one here. Voronkova, I used to love her but she is still not performing great imho. Seeing this match, Kosheleva-Parubets might do well again.