Eurovision Song Contest 2019

• Who are your favourites this year? Mine are Netherlands (no bias at all:lol:) Sweden and Australia.

Sweden won Eurovision in the year that I was living in Gothenburg. It would be great if Dutchies win this year so that I can see it live next year:heart:

• I really love Greece this year :)

• I watched yesterday's semi, actually my ears were bleeding a few times.

But I really liked Dutch entry, the only one that I wanted to listen once again (and you reminded me serdar today that I should do this). They could win finally!

• This is one of the worst Eurovisions so far to me. Another one that I was so dissapointed was when Finnish Lordi won and I was happy that a new genre won that year, so it was special. I expect a similar result this year, hoping Iceland can win, so at least we remember it as a year like that.

Other than that, I can vote for the Spanish guy if he smiles a few times to the camera :D

It sucks that the potential winner of the competition (the winner of Ukrainian selections) rejected to go to eurovision due to contractual disagreements. She was ranked high by betting companies and for me it was clear she would win, after watching these two rounds of semi-finals. Here is Maruv's video for those who did not watch yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po5NQ4OzzzI

• Netherlands is literally the most pretentious crap I ever listened to. But they're fabricating it to win.

Meatballs MARUV <3 now that was a hit.

Overall a very bad year indeed, though there is some good stuff, so far I only agree with Meatballs in this thread. Literally hate all other songs mentioned XD

• Yeah not really into any of these very much and the UK is boring as ever, though I only support the UK when they send a Scottish person which of course never happens. Oh well. The Serbian girl is hot at least.

• Ukraine would won again if they had send Maruv !

• Norway is my absolute fave. It's a feel-good, fun bop - all I want from Eurovision. Plus all three of them are adorable and they make a good show. I'm definitely going to vote for them and hope for a good placement on Saturday.

Serbia sent a boring ballad and was lucky to be in the weaker semi. I don't expect anything in the final, probably the lower end of top 20.

Netherlands looks like a sure winner at this point, but there have been surprises in the last years, so who knows. Italy is also in the running, Sweden - I hope not with the same song they send every year. Russia obviously won't win because you can't have Eurogaysion in Moscow but will be in top 3.

• Just listened it. Wow! This sounds like a clear winner to me😍 I read the news about contract issue. What they asked from her is unacceptable!

• Norway is my absolute fave. It's a feel-good, fun bop - all I want from Eurovision. Plus all three of them are adorable and they make a good show. I'm definitely going to vote for them and hope for a good placement on Saturday.

Serbia sent a boring ballad and was lucky to be in the weaker semi. I don't expect anything in the final, probably the lower end of top 20.

Netherlands looks like a sure winner at this point, but there have been surprises in the last years, so who knows. Italy is also in the running, Sweden - I hope not with the same song they send every year. Russia obviously won't win because you can't have Eurogaysion in Moscow but will be in top 3.

Norway sounds good indeed but I doubt that they will be in top 5. I didn't like Italy's song. My surprise candidate would be Switzerland.

• by the way, what would happen if Australia would win? Which country will host? It is not unlikely. If not Netherlands, they are the absolute favorite to me.:teach:

Just listened to this. Yeah it’s the best I’ve heard, Norway for the win!

• Good to know! Thanks for the info

• Just listened it. Wow! This sounds like a clear winner to me😍 I read the news about contract issue. What they asked from her is unacceptable!

I watched all the selection phases in Ukraine with my ex. They were extremely mean to poor Maruv and all other participants, asking very political questions. Jamala asked her directly "Do you think Kirim is Ukraine or?" and she was expected to answer this live. There were female twins in the final whose parents were active politicians in Russia and they asked them "but are you Ukrainian or Russian?", "do you support Russia's politics" etc. Someone needed to remind them that this is all about music and if you will question these, eliminate participants from the beginning, not carry them to finals.

I think in the end they asked Maruv to cancel all her planned concerts in Russia and told her to pay expenses for Eurovision by herself while her only income was coming from concerts in Russia lol.

She also has some songs with a rich Turkish DJ, Faruk Sabanci.