Brazil - Superliga 2019/2020

• The new Taubaté is like half and half of last season's Taubaté and Minas. Was there like a package deal between the two teams? Their opposite side doesn't look so good at this time. Any news on Vissotto?

They just took two guys from Minas' bench, it wasn't much. If anything, the deal was made with Vibo Valentina given both teams switched opposites. Big teams are always scouting the guys from Minas after a while as their youth categories are always strong. It's only a matter of time until players like Felipe Roque, Maique and Honorato leave too.

I disagree that Taubaté's opposite side doesn't look good -- the Al Hachdadi - Vissotto combo might actually be the best in the league. Vissotto's injury wasn't too serious, by the way. I believe he shall be ready for the beginning of the league. Not so sure about the Paulista finals tonight.

• They just took two guys from Minas' bench, it wasn't much. If anything, the deal was made with Vibo Valentina given both teams switched opposites. Big teams are always scouting the guys from Minas after a while as their youth categories are always strong. It's only a matter of time until players like Felipe Roque, Maique and Honorato leave too.

I disagree that Taubaté's opposite side doesn't look good -- the Al Hachdadi - Vissotto combo might actually be the best in the league. Vissotto's injury wasn't too serious, by the way. I believe he shall be ready for the beginning of the league. Not so sure about the Paulista finals tonight.

I'm sorry. I just realized that I had only watched the first set of a finals game from last week. Not enough to gauge Al Hachdadi as a whole. Aren't there three from Minas? Petrus, Rogerinho and Carisio?

• I'm sorry. I just realized that I had only watched the first set of a finals game from last week. Not enough to gauge Al Hachdadi as a whole. Aren't there three from Minas? Petrus, Rogerinho and Carisio?

It's okay! Pétrus left Minas two seasons ago. He played for Vôlei Ribeirão in 2018/2019.

• No thread for this so I will just leave it here...

Sada Cruzeiro wins the south american championship, again.

Good fight from UPCN. I'm surprised they made it to the final defeating both Taubate and Bolivar since they aren't exactly having a good year in the league (they are not even top 4 in the table currently). On the other hand Bolivar who are still unbeaten in the league was pretty bad (they were also bad at the Libertadores, I think Weber's poor coach skills are exposed when he's outside his "league safe space").

Taubate was also relatively poor, but their unpaid players probably lack motivation for anything...

Hopefully FIVB will invite an argentinian team to club WCh this time... I was really pissed off with that shitty 4 team tournament last year.

• The fact that I (and I guess everyone) abandoned this thread is because the league is so boring this year. Sada is back to being dominant, as seen in the South American Championship, which makes things a lot less interesting to me. Not to mention the fact that 1/3 of the teams are currently not paying/struggling with salaries (Taubaté, Maringá, América and Ponta Grossa). When it comes to Sada, at least the Cachopa + Conte combo has been a pleasure to watch...

I was impressed by Lopez from UPCN, by the way. I'm sure he'll be scouted by other big teams next season. Couldn't catch any games from Bolívar this season yet, so I can't say anything about them except that I expected them to at least reach the finals, but oh well. Hopefully they (or whoever wins the Argentinian championship) get an invite to the WCCH.