Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• No Foreign players yet for other teams? or they will just use their local players? It will be unfair if other teams will not use foreign players.

The Rosters are all in progress. You pressured me into starting the thread prematurely :rolll: As teams gather new players I will update the rosters. I've only got the Premier rosters up at this point, working on the rest of them. They are at least useful for knowing who is leaving. I think most of the resigners, retirees, and transfer hopers are up to date and mostly complete.

I'm sure everybody except maybe Okayama will add a foreigner--much to my chagrin

• As is to be expected Victorina Himeji have their web site roster up to date. Old players have been removed, new players have new pictures and they've picked a new Captain (after the sad departure of Yuki Kawai).

Captain Sakie Takahashi
    Vice Captain Yuka Kanasugi

Stylin'

• Interconference, means between conferences. Remember MLB used the term interleague (AL vs. NL in the regular season)?

In conference, means within the conference.

Right now I am looking at the Final Stage schedule. I think that you have it wrong.

Final 8, will be January 4-19. 7 matches would take place, for the round-robin.

The last two days of the season Jan. 25-26, could be semifinals or 2-leg final. No information as of yet from the league.

• Thanks. Fixed the "in" v "inter" thing. "In" is preferable to "intra", I think. I'd like to leave "AC Warfare" because I like that google translate, even though I'm not sure what "AC" stands for ... "Across Conference"? ... unless you think it should be "inter-conference".

Maybe they won't have a two match Final. I worked backwards from the assumption they would ... Since I can't copy and paste or translate from the jpeg'd pdf :wall: what is going on with that Monday the 13th date? It doesn't have the same characters as the other January dates. And it's a Monday. I hope the girls get the day off work :rolll:

Maybe 25th is semi final and 26th is Final? Top four from Final 8 play Saturday, two winners from that play Sunday?

• Thanks. Fixed the "in" v "inter" thing. "In" is preferable to "intra", I think. I'd like to leave "AC Warfare" because I like that google translate, even though I'm not sure what "AC" stands for ... "Across Conference"? ... unless you think it should be "inter-conference".

Maybe they won't have a two match Final. I worked backwards from the assumption they would ... Since I can't copy and paste or translate from the jpeg'd pdf :wall: what is going on with that Monday the 13th date? It doesn't have the same characters as the other January dates. And it's a Monday. I hope the girls get the day off work :rolll:

Maybe 25th is semi final and 26th is Final? Top four from Final 8 play Saturday, two winners from that play Sunday?

January 13 is a national holiday, "Coming of Age Day". So the characters are holiday. So three matches over three days.

AC would probably be across conference, but I prefer Interconference.

League has not mentioned Final 4 or 3 info yet for that last weekend in January.

• Vietnamese fan page . They call her 4T play in denso?

https://volleyball.vn/thanh-th…ry-bees-cua-nhat-ban.html

I've seen her play a few times and enjoyed her very much. Would be cool to see her in Japan

• Isn't this the season teams have to change their names cutting the companies and putting the cities?

Maybe

• I got all the rosters up, as up-to-date as I could fathom from Google Translate. Let me know if you spot any errors or hear breaking news. There's gotta be some additions to a few teams that seem pretty depleted, and there are a few free agents floating about looking for some Transfer Hope:

Fumika Moriya (MB) - Transfer hope from Hisamitsu

Kaori Mabashi (OH) - Transfer Hope from Hitachi

Kanon Sonoda (S) (Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku) Transfer Hope from Okayama
    Saki Goya (OH) (Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku) Transfer Hope from Okayama

Mana Ishikawa (OH) - Transfer Hope from Toray

Wakaba Sugihara (OH) - Transfer Hope from Toray

Mio Sato (L) - Transfer Hope from Toyota

Three Head Coaches resigned:

Yoichi Kato - PFU

Asako Tajimi - Toyota

Kai Hiroyuki - Hitachi ... He wasn't the dude on the sidelines this past season. I can't confirm that the dude who was on the sidelines, Hirofumi Tsunoda 角田博文, is going to take over officially.

Misaki Yamauchi is NEC's new captain. That's cool. She's built with captain's blood. NEC should grab Mio Sato for libero. They need one badly. I don't know if she's any good but I can't watch Manami Kojima try to play libero.

Kurobe and Himeji took the biggest hits from Retirees. I think Himeji will be okay, but Kurobe's doomed if they don't do something large. PFU and Okayama also lost a bunch but Okayama still has twice as many players as other teams.

It's too bad a lot of good players will sit on the bench for good teams when they could all Transfer Hope to Kurobe and possibly win a championship. Well ... not a Championship. But a few games at least.

Tough decisions for these young women and girls. Go to Hisamitsu or Toray or JT and get good training and splinters in your butt, or go live in the boonies and play like mad for a bottom dweller.

I'd like to see --and I wouldn't be surprised if-- Kanon Sonoda (S) ends up with Himeji. Her name is Kanon, fer cryin' out loud. Doesn't get more Stylin' than that :!: Kaori Mabashi is Stylin', she could also go there. Fumika Moriya (MB) is a good MB with Hisamitsu experience but she's not Stylin'. Fuggeddaboudit

• Kanami Tashiro to Denso Source

• You missed that at the bottom they are bringing in a foreign assistant coach, Chris Gonzalez, with multiple years of experience with USA national teams, could be a great hire. http://www.aueagles.com/sports…8/releases/20180406i13rrj

Mio Sato has played on national team in the past with Manabe as a defensive libero (not doing serve receive). Only 5 ft. 1 in tall (153 cm).

Has been injured and missed a season a couple of years ago.

• You missed that at the bottom they are bringing in a foreign assistant coach, Chris Gonzalez, with multiple years of experience with USA national teams, could be a great hire. http://www.aueagles.com/sports…8/releases/20180406i13rrj

I'm glad you point that out. It seemed like bigger news than all the other assistant coaches and trainers coming and going.

Kanami Tashiro to Denso is pretty large. I didn't see that coming. I had already put her back in Toray's lineup. Makes me wonder about the other players who went abroad:

Nana Sakamoto seems confirmed back with Denso. Horny girl.

Koyomi Tominaga is back on Saitama's web site.

Mai Okumura and Kotoe Inoue are not on JT's updated site. My dream of Kotoe coming to NEC is still possible :)

Are there deadlines for signing/trading/transferring?

Miyu Nagaoka may still be a question mark. Hisamitsu is notoriously tight-lipped and late with updates, though

• We already know for sure who's in the Final 8 from the Star Conference. Basically the three teams who already have a Big Caucasian Swinger™, (Toray, Saitama, Toyota) plus JT Marvelous (who will probably land one). Since Kurobe and PFU have no chance of making it, they also have little chance of signing a game-changer--no offense to PFU's MB Jennifer Doris.

Premier Conference is going to be a nail biter. Hisamitsu is there for sure, no matter what they do. Now Denso looks like a shoe-in with Tashiro, Fancy Pants Coach, Sinéad Jack, and 191cm Vietnamese Wing Spiker Tran Thi Thanh Thuy--assuming that pans out. Libero is their shortcoming. No Japanese team should have that problem.

It's no coincidence that the four remaining teams of the Star Premier Conference don't have any foreigners and they are my four favorite teams. I won't be surprised if NEC and Hitachi are the ones who don't make it.

I'm a Victorina Himeji fanboy but they sure look like the most prized destination for a big name foreigner. That's what it'll come down to for the remaining Fantastic Four. Who signs the best ball hog :cursing:

• Premier conference team are very tight. I don't think okayama will get foreign player because they are very big team. not sure if nec and hitachi will get a foreign player.

• There are really no deadlines with signing/transferring of players. I would bet that teams want players to be signed before training camp starts. The new season essentially starts after the Black Eagle tournament.

Tashiro may have been released by Toray before her move. Tominaga and Sakamoto may have been on loan. With Nagaoka’s injury she won’t be back until the fall at earliest. It took a year last time, so another year seems possible.

• Are there any players who got drafted out of high school and sat on the Hisamitsu or Toray bench for a few years, maybe serve subbed a little, and then blossomed into a star player at 22 years old?

Doesn't seem like a good plan to me.

• Are there any players who got drafted out of high school and sat on the Hisamitsu or Toray bench for a few years, maybe serve subbed a little, and then blossomed into a star player at 22 years old?

Doesn't seem like a good plan to me.

Think of it this way. You are in the gym with some of the best players in the country and on the national team every day. It is a learning experience and a jump in skill. Plus you know that the team knows how to make the players succeed given their talents. Consistent coaching (few changes) makes it a gym you want to be in. Teams in constant flux with little to no talent are the opposite.