Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• But does that mean Chatchu-on wont return this season?

The last I heard was her announcement "1 season, thank you very much"

• Just saw Mai Okumura and Kotoe Inoue have returned to Japan with....Denso.

Denso with a massive upgrade in the offseason, and still potentially a foreigner or two.

It may not win the Premier Division but Hisamitsu has to watch out for them.

• Just saw Mai Okumura and Kotoe Inoue have returned to Japan with....Denso.

Denso with a massive upgrade in the offseason, and still potentially a foreigner or two.

It may not win the Premier Division but Hisamitsu has to watch out for them.

Get out :!:

OMG :dance4:

This is the New York Yankees!

They still have Sinéad. I doubt 4T is going to make it though. Imagine that. It would be over the top. My money's on Denso, 4T or not. They have the Denso Bomber.

• 4T already returned home after probation week. VTV Binh Dien Long An (or Long An) - her local club and Denso are still in deep negotiation process regarding a few schedule conflicts. Both Long An and Vietnam national team desperately need 4T to join in national league in late september, Southest Asian Games in late november and Asean Grand Prix in december respectively. Meanwhile Denso presumbly refuses to release her back that much. So i'm afraid she can not make it to Japan this time round, as well.

• 4T already returned home after probation week. VTV Binh Dien Long An (or Long An) - her local club and Denso are still in deep negotiation process regarding a few schedule conflicts. Both Long An and Vietnam national team desperately need 4T to join in national league in late september, Southest Asian Games in late november and Asean Grand Prix in december respectively. Meanwhile Denso presumbly refuses to release her back that much. So i'm afraid she can not make it to Japan this time round, as well.

I can't tell if you've left me any light at the end of the tunnel that she'll make it or not :). I've been watching her more closely and think she would be a great fit, but it sounds like the flame is going out :(

• Is that player I've never heard about strong?

The Denso Bomber? I think so. Strong willed and a bit of a rapscallion in attack. A prototype lefty OP. Hits the ball harder than anyone else on the team, unless 4T shows up

• #15, Setter, Minami Higane has resigned from Hisamitsu. She joined Hisamitsu mid 2017-18 season after winning the All Japan Intercollegiate Championship 2017/18 as its MVP.

There was that cryptic news item a short while ago that said she wouldn't be participating in activities due to poor physical condition. Still don't know the whole story but what a bummer. Best of wishes to her <3

• I hear rumors that a certain gum chewing OPP from the USA may play in Japan this upcoming season. She better not be looking at NEC. That would put YOLO's career on hold. If NEC opts to bench an 18 year old kid who's on fire because they think it would possibly win them an extra game or two, they would be wrong. I will respond with harsh words.

Better not be looking at Hitachi, either. That put's Miyu Kubota's career on hold. Not as critical as YOLO, but it would still be a shame.

Okayama doesn't want her. She would dramatically change what Okayama is. I love watching Okayama. I don't like watching people chew gum.

JT is her only option. That would be tolerable. They don't have a real OPP and they think they need a big swinging Caucasian after the exit of Brankica. I won't begrudge them.

JT is her only option--assuming Fabiana fills the Hisamitsu foreigner spot.

• Lol chewing opp. I assume this is drews from USA? She might be with any of these 3 team. JT, Nec and Hitachi because they don't have foreign players so far.

• Anyone hear about Vietnamese player Duong Thi Hen joining Denso? Somebody added her to Denso's roster on volleybox.

• Just a hoax, Duong Thi Hen was seriously injured during the last VTV cup and cant even compete in the national league later this month.

Thanks, Nghiphong. Sorry to hear injury about such a young player

• Drews showed up on the JT roster at volleybox. No source for it so it's either wishful thinking or somebody is trolling twitter feeds. I do think it's going to happen, though. It makes sense .

• Hisamitsu just announced Yuki Ishii will be Team Captain for the 2019-20 Season. I guess Yuka Imamura was only Captain for the Summer.

• Hisamitsu Springs announce that former Brazilian WNT, Fabiana Claudio will pay for them this season. Replacing Foluke with her, put the Springs in the driver’s seat to win the title this year.

• The V.League has ditched the dark mode web site thing. I'm not against dark mode but it feels like a breath of fresh air

https://www.vleague.jp/

They have the new schedules up. I can't believe that--as best as I can understand it--not all the matches are going to be broadcast. There are going to be some weekends that will find me in a foul mood :(

• That new incarnation of the N K youtuber who posted almost every match of last season in HD --バレーボール俱楽部-- has been taken down :(