Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• Out of topic for jvl. But japan was had a fantastic gane last night. And who among you questioning why yamagichi is part of the pool?! The coaches saw something in her and it shows that last night. We should just support them.

We can ramble on all we want about the NT in this tournament in the NT thread. I do it all the time :)

Yeah, the libero that announcer kept calling "Yamagasha" played well. It was one match. We've seen all the liberos play a lot of matches. That's why some of us questioned why she's part of the pool. If she's going to play like she did last night, I'll support her :thumbup:

• We can ramble on all we want about the NT in this tournament in the NT thread. I do it all the time :)

Yeah, the libero that announcer kept calling "Yamagasha" played well. It was one match. We've seen all the liberos play a lot of matches. That's why some of us questioned why she's part of the pool. If she's going to play like she did last night, I'll support her :thumbup:

Japan has some of the best Libero in volleyball. Probably the coaches saw something on her. Yes other libero who played in NT was definitely good but there is nothing wrong with trying and getting new libero, this isn't the final lineup for Olympic anyway.

Ohh did tominaga retired already for the NT? i haven't seen her play in NT after she played in italy last year.

• Japan has some of the best Libero in volleyball. Probably the coaches saw something on her. Yes other libero who played in NT was definitely good but there is nothing wrong with trying and getting new libero, this isn't the final lineup for Olympic anyway.

Ohh did tominaga retired already for the NT? i haven't seen her play in NT after she played in italy last year.

Tominaga is on the wide roster of the NT this year but yeah we haven't seen her play since the Asian Games last year. It occurs to me that the three players who went to Europe this past season are not on this WC roster: Tashiro, Tominaga, Inoue. Hmm.

I'm all for trying out new potentials, and it's probably best to let Coach Nakada make those decisions, but this is the Internet :rolll: where we second guess coach's decisions all the time based on our own limited knowledge and opinions. I'm still heartbroken Arisa Sato isn't around.

I'll probably have a heart attack when the Olympic roster is announced. It's limited to 12 ... =O

• Don't ask me how I stumbled upon this but I think it's sounds serious enough to take seriously:

Aleona “Dindin” Santiago-Manabat officially joins Kurobe AquaFairies for season 2019/20 of Japan V.League 1. She will be teamed-up with US national team member, Simone Lee.

Source

• I imagined the reason for some Japanese Players going overseas would be to gain and bring that experience earned to the National Team. I guess I was wrong and Nakada does not care for the experiences earned overseas.

brahmin made a good case that going to Europe means you get to play volleyball all the time and don't have to do any Data Input slave labor. That makes a lot of sense in terms of growth, but it is odd that since I've been following this sport (since about Ebata's return from France) the Euro-trip hasn't produced any results I can see.

• Thuy officially signed with the club Japanese Denso Airy Bees

I'm going with this as official because I so want it to be true: Source

Tran Thi Thanh Thuy owners after the probationary period and negotiations have officially signed with the club Denso Airy Bees (Japan), becoming the 2nd foreign soldiers in the club attended V.League 2019/2020 season.It's amazing the stuff you can find on the Social Medias

:wacko:
  • brahmin made a good case that going to Europe means you get to play volleyball all the time and don't have to do any Data Input slave labor. That makes a lot of sense in terms of growth, but it is odd that since I've been following this sport (since about Ebata's return from France) the Euro-trip hasn't produced any results I can see.

Are those players starting is the biggest question? Ebata was a backup. Saori was a starter. Tashiro and Inoue were starters, while Tominaga was a back-up and starter from time to time. Nagaoka was going to be a starter, but the injury through that out the window.

Hell even Noostara of Thailand went from the Turkish league to a backup on the Thai WNT, which makes no sense in my mind.

• Are those players starting is the biggest question? Ebata was a backup. Saori was a starter. Tashiro and Inoue were starters, while Tominaga was a back-up and starter from time to time. Nagaoka was going to be a starter, but the injury through that out the window.

Hell even Noostara of Thailand went from the Turkish league to a backup on the Thai WNT, which makes no sense in my mind.

LOL, I'm sorry I may not understand your question. I think you're asking if Japanese players who go to Europe and warm the bench should expect much growth?

• Are those players starting is the biggest question? Ebata was a backup. Saori was a starter. Tashiro and Inoue were starters, while Tominaga was a back-up and starter from time to time. Nagaoka was going to be a starter, but the injury through that out the window.

Tominaga was a starter. She started pretty much every single game she played and I don`t even recall her getting replaced.

Nagaoka went to be a backup, Fabris was Conegliano`s starting OPP. But Nagaoka did get to start and play a few games, I recall one game she scored 16 points.

• No comment

• NEC Red Rockets have signed Polish OP Berenika Tomsia. Source: http://w-volley.necsports.net/topics_detail1/id=1753

Tomsia played for Heungkuk Pink Spiders last season, helping them win the Korean V-League Championship.

As if they don't have enough OPP and OH already!

Thuy officially signed with the club Japanese Denso Airy Bees

I'm going with this as official because I so want it to be true: Source

Tran Thi Thanh Thuy owners after the probationary period and negotiations have officially signed with the club Denso Airy Bees (Japan), becoming the 2nd foreign soldiers in the club attended V.League 2019/2020 season.It's amazing the stuff you can find on the Social Medias

:wacko:

The whole delay is all about the VFV (Vietnam Federation of Volleyball). They asked her to come back for 20 days to join in the South East Asian Games in which Denso consitstently refused. However, after some "deep" negotiation, 10% of 4T's earning will be given back for VFV so off she goes now. 10% or whatever, this is such a huge step forward in her career, she has to be there!

• NEC Red Rockets have signed Polish OP Berenika Tomsia.

Okay, I'll comment :) There's a certain 18 year old OP drafted by NEC this year I'm rather fond of and who I hoped would have a clear path for continued development of her well going career. This puts a big damper on it :(

• Meanwhile, over in Denso-land, some empathy is in order. We don't know at this point who's going to play and get the major minutes on court, but think about it ....

If they go with (their best players):

Setter: Kanami Tashiro

Libero: Kotoe Inoue

Middle Blockers: Sinéad Jack, Mai Okumura

Outside Hitters: 4T and (?? Nabeya)

Opposite: I hope it's the Denso Bomber but they have 4 others who play the position

That pretty much puts a damper on the entirety of last year's team and any newcomers (like Fumika Moriya who probably hoped jumping the Hisamitsu ship for Denso would afford her more playing time).

It's a season of entertainment and not a mad dash tournament so they don't need to choose a core seven without deviation. We'll see how it goes. I wouldn't be surprised if Nabeya's court time is decreased. That seems like a weird V.League pattern to players who become captain.

• I guess we guessed that was coming

• It's true. I haven't actually counted but it looks like DAZN is only going to broadcast about 2/3 of the V.League matches this season. I found the schedule from last year and every row had DAZN in it. This year not a single night has DAZN in all the rows.

I wonder why this is? I also wonder if some other broadcaster will fill in the gaps. That N K youtuber last year uploaded a lot of matches from some other broadcaster.