Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• JT Marvelous have changed their intro song, sorry the video is in two parts. The woman in the cheerleader outfit is former AKB48 star Yuri Tani.

Good thing hey hired a professional to execute the choreography there :rolll:

• V.League Division 1 Women's foreign players 2019-20

Saitama Ageo Medics Croatia Katarina Barun (CEV) Philippines Alyja Daphne Santiago (AVC)
    Denso Airybees Trinidad and Tobago Sinead Jack (NORCECA) Vietnam Tran Thi Thanh Thuy (AVC)
    Hisamitsu Springs Brazil Fabiana Claudino (CSV) N/A
    Hitachi Rivale N/A N/A
    JT Marvelous United States Andrea Drews (NORCECA) Thailand Kaewkalaya Kamulthala (AVC)
    Kurobe AquaFairies United States Simone Lee (NORCECA) Philippines Aleona Denise Santiago Manabat
    NEC Red Rockets Poland Berenika Tomsia (CEV) N/A
    Okayama Seagulls N/A N/A
    PFU BlueCats United States Jennifer Doris (NORCECA) Thailand Thanacha Sooksod (AVC)
    Toray Arrows Azerbaijan Jana Kulan (CEV) N/A
    Toyota Auto Body Queenseis Turkey Neriman Özsoy (CEV) N/A
    Victorina Himeji Brazil Ivna Colombo (CSV) N/A
  • Going to be a wet noodle of an opening weekend. Four of the five matches being played AND broadcast live on VTV involve PFU, Kurobe, JT, and Toyota, the bottom of the barrel. The one exciting match -Hitachi v Himeji- who knows if it will show up on a betting site X/

• Any link pls

The match that starts in 10 minutes and the one on in three hours are on V.League TV. Last year those matches never made it out to the betting world. The one time a VTV match did show up on Youtube, the whole V.League streaming world died --just coincidentally, of course:/

The Hitachi v Himeji Match that starts in an hour is DAZN and might show up on betting sites. I guess we just wait and see if any youtubers stream anything

btw - I have the complete schedule posted in the second post of this thread

• The https://live-stream365.com/sport/volleyball.php stream looks the best, I think. But there are a few on youtube as well. Search youtube for PFU and then filter for live

The VTV stream is really nice. There's no commentary, btw. They announced there would not be any tonight. Maybe tomorrow with Marie Wada

• The new Live Stats/Live Score feature the V.League was touting leading up to this is not working. No surprise

No sign of Ebata or my new Kurobe hero Ranna Shiraiwa. Simone Lee is an error prone attacker through set 1

Sayaka Tsutsui (from Hisamitsu) is starting libero for PFU, and Nanami Wasai (from Kurobe) started at OH against her old team.

PFU takes set 1. I'm going to try and enjoy them this year

• The Live Stats thing came online and looks like it will be cool. They have all the names wrong but that'll iron out. It updates every play. Maybe I'll learn to understand rotations :)

• Bummer the Hitachi v Himeji match isn't showing up. That's the one I want to watch X(

• Congratulations PFU. Their first win ever in the new V.League Division 1!

3-1

PFU has a new coach this year, and a new spirit. The setter, Naoko Shimahata, has ten times the court presence she had last year. She's a lefty and likes to attack, and has a great lollipop serve. All the players have bigger smiles.

Go PFU :super:

• JT v Toyota is on at the usual places

JT Marvelous is such a fun team without a foreigner. Good young players. They went with Aki Momii at setter (from Hachiojijissen H.S.). Like PFU's setter she's a lefty and likes to attack and has a great lollipop serve. Plays great defense too. Very confident. I think she has big hands, looks like the tallest player on the team. Just turned 19 y/old this week.

Hickman Jahstice is getting a lot of play time -

Neriman started with an intimidating jump serve and then quit doing it.

• Sat 12 Oct 2019 Results

Home Away
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Total Stats Vid
    Denso Hisamitsu CANCELLED Due to Typhoon
    PFU 3–1 Kurobe 25–18 25–18
    23–25
    25–15 98–80 Stats YT
    Hitachi 3–1 Himeji 16–25 25–22 25–14 25–18 91–81 Stats YT
    Toray Saitama CANCELLED Due to Typhoon
    NEC Okayama CANCELLED Due to Typhoon
    JT 0–3 Toyota 20–25 23–25 19–25 62–75 Stats YT

Bummer not to see the Hitachi v Himeji match. Sets a bad precedent for the two VTV matches to get streamed in the wild and the one DAZN match nothing. That's backwards of how I need it to be.

Toyota looks like a well oiled machine, but they did last year at the beginning. Neriman did bring back the jump serve to good effect.

• Ohhh kurobe, i thought they could win the match against pfu.

Lee is playing OH and she is receiving ball, i thought in japan no foreign player allowed to receive the ball because they are 1st option for offense. But lee needs to work on that department. Dingdin never had a chance to play too? I saw her highlight i think she is better in wing.

As exoected toyota won against jt marvelous. I wonder what will happen now to jt knowing that drews might join the team next week and other teams are now prepared same withu hitachi with h. Tapp.

• I have access now to vtv. But as i check the schedule most of matches will be live on dazn! Which means it will be hard to access live stream. Yeah?

Will there be any app or website where we can watch those matches that will be shown on dazn?

• Ohhh kurobe, i thought they could win the match against pfu.

Lee is playing OH and she is receiving ball, i thought in japan no foreign player allowed to receive the ball because they are 1st option for offense. But lee needs to work on that department. Dingdin never had a chance to play too? I saw her highlight i think she is better in wing.

As exoected toyota won against jt marvelous. I wonder what will happen now to jt knowing that drews might join the team next week and other teams are now prepared same withu hitachi with h. Tapp.

Kurobe had the best receiving line in the league last year (Hisamitsu might have edged them out right at the end but for most of the year it was Kurobe). That was due to Rina Hiratani and Nanami Wasai, and their libero Banba. Hiratani retired and Wasai moved to PFU. Major blow to Kurobe. I've never seen Simone Lee before so I don't know what to expect from her. Most foreign OHs don't receive in Japan because, frankly, they suck at it compared to Japanese. Suelle Oliveira received for Himeji last year and was pretty good. She got targeted because Himeji's other receivers are top o' the line. Most Japanese OHs love to receive and attack. They do it all the time.

Simone Lee might give Kurobe a slight boost in scoring over last year but if she's going to receive it may result in a net negative. Only one match so far. We'll have to wait and see how things play out. I enjoyed her pipe attacks!

I dunno why Dindin didn't play. She may be a better wing than MB but Kurobe needs MB. They have two good OPs and a few decent OHs, but no real MBs.

On the other side of the net, I wonder why Ebata didn't play. What has happened to that girl's career? Nanami Wasai played instead of her. Maybe for reception. I have a good feeling about PFU this year. I was shocked by how much their setter has improved. Having Wasai and Sayaka Tsutsui on the receiving line probably helped. they've already won more games than they did last year!

• I have access now to vtv. But as i check the schedule most of matches will be live on dazn! Which means it will be hard to access live stream. Yeah?

Will there be any app or website where we can watch those matches that will be shown on dazn?

As I mentioned above, last year the VTV matches never made it outside VTV. The DAZN matches were the ones that found streams on youtube and livestream365.

I tried to subscribe to DAZN last year to no avail. It's Japan only. I told them I was a Japanese citizen working abroad and my daughter (which I don't have) was suffering from depression and an eating disorder because she couldn't watch her beloved NEC Red Rockets. They didn't care.

We'll just have to wait and see how things go. I'll be heartbroken if all I get to see is the VTV matches. They seem to be almost exclusively the least interesting matches of the night.

• my daughter (which I don't have) was suffering from depression and an eating disorder because she couldn't watch her beloved NEC Red Rockets. They didn't care.

:lol::lol::lol::rolll:

poor imaginary girl, they only care about money booo :down:

• Most foreign OHs don't receive in Japan because, frankly, they suck at it compared to Japanese. Suelle Oliveira received for Himeji last year and was pretty good. She got targeted because Himeji's other receivers are top o' the line. Most Japanese OHs love to receive and attack. They do it all the time.

Chatchu-on was the target of service last year as a foreign OH and did pretty well too. I'm sure Thanacha well be too when she gets some court time.

• Chatchu-on was the target of service last year as a foreign OH and did pretty well too. I'm sure Thanacha well be too when she gets some court time.

They don't count as foreigner. They're ASEAN :dance6:

I'm not familiar with Thanacha but am excited to see how she does.