• Sun 10 Nov 2019 Results

Home Away
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Total Stats Vid
    JT 3–1 Toyota 25-14 22-25 25-18 25-18 97–75 Stats YT
    Hisamitsu 1–3 Denso 25-21 21-25 12-25 22-25 80–96 Stats
    Saitama 3–1 Kurobe 25-19 25-20 23-25 25-22 98–86 Stats YT
    Okayama 3–0 Himeji 25-12 25-14 25-21 75–47 Stats

Two things JT has going for them: Aki Momii, their new teenage setter is a big upgrade. She contributes a lot on defense, from blocking to digging; Annie Drews is not getting in the way of JT playing the kind of volleyball they like to play. Technically this JT v Toyota match wasn't high quality: 33–30% hitting and 42–32% receiving, but it was fun to watch. The Star Conference play out is going to be fun. Toray isn't at full strength yet (still missing Kurogo).

No surprise Denso beat Hisamitsu. Wish I could have seen it.

Kurobe is being a bit of a thorn in the side of other teams this year. I wish they would actually win a game or two that they fight so hard for. It was fun watching the Santiago sisters go at it. Dindin is a nice upgrade in the middle over that girl who does cartwheels after scoring a point. And Natsumi Watabiki has come out of nowhere and is having a banner year: leads the league in blocks with 30. Kurobe has played a game or two more than others, but still.

I still believe in Himeji.

• Miss Chizuru Koto may be missed. I miss her for sure. Such a warrior. Such a smart and nice girl.

Definitely.

• it is on their spiking. Second fewest back row attack kills. Also their kill percentage is really bad as well. Passing is really good but kills aren’t happening.

Odd stat Araki and Fabiana have the same number of kills, but Araki has done it in fewer swings.

I see the bad kill % as a symptom more than a cause, but you got the numbers right. It's weird.

Watching Hisamitsu (when I can) the thing I see that's different about them this year is a sad bit of body language that happens after a player is crouched down a little, readying themselves for the attack to come, and then the ball lands in a giant empty bit of real estate between players. The body language thing: that embarrassing WTF moment when they straighten up. It's glaring, and unusual. Other than that, everything appears the same to me.

• It's a shame the VTV "Live Score" thing just can't seem to keep up.

If you know these players it's immediately clear how wrong it all is. Some of the players pictured aren't even on court. They are all misidentified by name.

• It's a shame the VTV "Live Score" thing just can't seem to keep up.

If you know these players it's immediately clear how wrong it all is. Some of the players pictured aren't even on court. They are all misidentified by name.

are you running Google translate while it is running? That may be the reason things aren’t looking right.

• are you running Google translate while it is running? That may be the reason things aren’t looking right.

That's it! That's what makes the names lag behind the photos.

So when Tominaga comes on for Inoue the picture updates but Inoue's name hangs around--and the reason Tominaga is labeled Inoue is because of the way double subs work (Tominaga doesn't actually sub Inoue). I've noticed the names are often 2 spots behind the pic, but in this case above they are 4 spots behind. It's just lucky that Tominaga/Inoue happened.

I guess the question is: What does it look like when you look at it , because you can read Japanese? Next time it's convenient for you give it a look, see if the names match the photos and keep up with the match.

• Mai Okumura got hit in the face possibly by a teammate and had to leave the Hisamitsu match early. Denso put out a press release about her getting bruised on her face. I am guessing something with her nose. No good online or twitter pictures of the damage.

• The cancelled Toray v Saitama from opening weekend has been re-scheduled for the same weekend as the others:

Rescheduled matches:

Sat 4 Jan 2020

12:00 Denso v Hisamitsu

14:00 Toray v Saitama

15:00 NEC v Okayama

Sun 5 2020

12:00 Denso v Okayama

15:00 Hisamitsu v NEC

• Mai Okumura got hit in the face possibly by a teammate and had to leave the Hisamitsu match early. Denso put out a press release about her getting bruised on her face. I am guessing something with her nose. No good online or twitter pictures of the damage.

If only they would have broadcast the match for my consumption :( I'd have photos

• Highlights are out V.League, volleybox, or 2nd post here

No sign of what happened to Okumura in the Denso v Hisamitsu Highlight Reel:

• Set 1:

NEC

Koga 1/10

Yanagita 3/4

Hirose 2/7

Yamauchi 2/11

Yikes

Watanabe 6/10

Sasaki 9/20

Kaneda 5/8

NEC isn't that bad, but that's bad. Okayama's NoSmile award winning lefty who hits lefty like she's a righty, Watanabe, is having a stellar year at OP.

I wish I could see it :(

• JT vs. Kurobe links?

Not seeing anything anywhere.

JT is on vtv, but I'm mostly watching the NEC v Okayama Live score go by :rolll: YOLO has made an appearance ! Koga is 5/34

• Facebook Passion Person has been running a rerun of Tianjin game instead of live streaming wtf

• JT destroying Kurobe now 25-14 1st set huhu Volley2020 is streaming okayama NEC

Oh wow, I just checked and it was still China. Thanks!

• maybe they will stream JT vs Kurobe after this match. hope Okayama finishes this early now,

Seems like they have a preference for JT matches so far this year. I bet they will

Okayama's OP Watanabe looks more tough this year. She's hitting really well. Hitting a lot up the middle. :rose: