Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• Big shout out to Hitachi OP Miyu Kubota. 7/9 in Set 1.

I think Okayama's jerseys are cooler so I'm rooting for them

• It's wild that Hitachi MB Maiha Haga has been a marginal character since joining a few years ago, and all of a sudden she's the Captain of the team having a banner year. #2 killer in the league right now, #4 server.

• This is the best volleyball EVAR It's like they try to keep the ball going for the longest, not win the point :rolll:

• Note to self: Remember the play at 7–3, 8–2 Set 3.

• Katerina is not performing well. Aside from that, Ageo has a different setter from last year.

Inoue and Tominaga are actually splitting court time about 50/50 this year

• I havent watched much JT games but are they incorporating a double sub?

JT is doing a double sub effectively, but I think you mean Saitama. From what I've seen and watched go by on the live score, one or the other usually starts, and depending on how things go may get switched, in addition to the double sub under normal circumstances. I think they've both started about the same number of matches. They have played about the same number of sets

• Hitachi started this match strong because Okayama started weak. Okayama's Watanabe and Kaneda have woken up.

Maiha Haga 2/12 has done large damage to her heretofore excellent kill %

Okayama tried real hard and played with hope last year. They have a confidence this year. I hope it works out for them <3

• 2–5 Set 4. This is crazy volleyball

• I like Hannah Tapp. Good attitude, humble player. I'm past seeing her as just not Mai Irisawa

• I was going to be mad at Hitachi for getting stoned before set 3, but we're going to a Tie Break :!: It doesn't get better than this :super:

• JT is doing a double sub effectively, but I think you mean Saitama. From what I've seen and watched go by on the live score, one or the other usually starts, and depending on how things go may get switched, in addition to the double sub under normal circumstances. I think they've both started about the same number of matches. They have played about the same number of sets

Oh crap. My bad. I mean Saitama.

• I thought this would be a match I wouldn't care who won because I love them both but my heart is involuntarily pulling for Okayama

13-12

• Sanae Watanabe with a net crawler ace to win it :!:That was just too good

I need a smoke

• Sun 17 Nov 2019 Results

Home Away
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Total Stats Vid
    Denso 3–0 NEC 25-16 25-17 25-16 75–49 Stats YT
    Toyota 0–3 Toray 20-25 14-25 22-25 56–75 Stats
    Hitachi 2–3 Okayama 25-19 21-25 15-25 25-23 13-15 99–107 Stats YT
    Saitama 3–0 PFU 25-20 27-25 25-21 77–66 Stats

Hitachi v Okayama. Match of the year so far. By a mile. Except I've probably only seen less than half the matches played :)

There will probably be a youtube link for it tomorrow.

Last year Sanae Watanabe looked like she didn't know which arm she was going to swing with until she got in the air. She looks a little tough this year. Way cool on her. 19/35 @54%.

• I was starting to get a little worried Annie was getting too many sets right out the gate for her. But it's slowed down a bit recently. Good for her, and good for the team.

Annie's at 371 swings (33 sets played), Tanaka at 327 swings (41 sets played), Hayashi 305 (31 sets played).

remember that Drews started her season late, so the total numbers are down a little from where they should be.

• remember that Drews started her season late, so the total numbers are down a little from where they should be.

That's why I was looking at sets played. Annie and Kotona have played about the same number of sets and 371/305 in hits isn't bad, certainly not as bad as Big Caucasian Swingers™ can be. If Annie had played as many sets as Mizuki it might look more like someone taking batting practice. I don't want to see that, but I think, and hope, the trend is away from that. It won't be fun to watch and could leave JT ill-prepared for when the Final 8 rolls around. I like the way things look now. Everyone's attitude is up!