Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• Yay QQ https://live.qq.com/10049486

Mizuki Yanagita is playing like she did a couple years ago. Makes me happy :rose:And I'm liking NEC new setter, Yuka Sawada, the more I see her. Scrappy defender.

• NEC 1–0 Hisamitsu

NEC is playing without YOLO and Yamada. If they get them back Gold is easy :)

• This Hisamitsu performance :aww: It's like we're being punked.

7–16

• NEC 25–12 Hisamitsu

That's a 3 point improvement from yesterday's 25–9 skidmark. They're getting better, getting their swagger back :thumbup:

• This is starting to get scary NT-wise, since shinnabe and ishii is the core. D;

I know I know, omg I know

add to that the Kurogo/Ishikawa drama I made up and

• Even Sarina Koga is cashing in on the easy prey ... 10/24

• wow they looked tired and sad :(

how's the game?

It was comical

• Regular Round Winners

Award Player Team # of Times

Top scorer

Neriman Özsoy Toyota Auto Body Quincy's 523 points The first award

Spike Award

Sinéad jack

Denso Airybees

52.9%

The first award

Block Award

Hannah Tapp

Hitachi Rivale

The first award

Serve Award

Annie Drews

JT Marvelous

17.2%

The first award

Serve Receive Award

Risa Shinnabe

Hisamitsu Springs

68.8%

3 consecutive years 6th

Source

• Regular Round Final Standings

PREMIER CONFERENCE

# Team Matches Wins Losses Points Win % Sets Ratio Points Ratio

1st

Denso Airybees

18 3 51 0.86 2.75 1.15

2nd

Okayama Seagulls

15 6 45 0.71 1.85 1.12

3rd

NEC Red Rockets

11 10 33 0.52 1.00 0.98

4th

Hisamitsu Springs

10 11 28 0.48 0.83 0.96

5th

Hitachi Rivale

6 15 21 0.29 0.62

6th

Himeji Victorina

3 18 11 0.14 0.33 0.84

STAR CONFERENCE

# Team Matches Wins Losses Points Win % Sets Ratio Points Ratio

1st

JT Marvelous

17 4 49 0.81 2.33 1.13

2nd

Toray Arrows

14 7 44

3rd

Toyota Body Queens

4th

Saitama Ageo Medics

13 8 39 0.62 1.60

5th

PFU Blue Cats

4 17 14 0.19

6th

Kurobe Aqua Fairies

• I should make a thread for the High School Championships just so I can post how Rino Murooka is absolutely killing it, as expected. It's a little sad seeing Higashi without Coach Aihara :( though

This may come down to Higashi v Kinrankai again. Kinrankai looks to have a better team overall ... again ... but it's Higashi's turn this year.

A couple other teams that look good to me are Kyoei Gakuen (with U18 hairdo Manami Koyama), Sarina Koga's alma mater, Kumamoto Shin-ai, and the most fun was Makoto Osamu but they got eliminated in the 2nd Round.

It's amazing, every match is broadcast live in HD with commentary and then available within a couple hours VOD. That's the way you sell your product :)

• Holy Smokes. These kids started Round 3 at 10:00am their morning, and are going to play the Quarterfinals this same day. Starting any time now ... about 3:00pm for them.

• I guess it's not so bad, they play only three set matches until the Semis. So, for example, Kyoei Gakuen played six sets today with a few hours break in between. I don't think stamina is an issue at all but the emotions must be running pretty high. Gear shifting. This is great volleyball. Everybody is a passer, defense is sparkling, and these kids swing hard.

My favorite, Kyoei Gakuen, has made the semis and have their best chance of making the Final because of the way things lined up

Semifinals:

Kinrankai v Higashi -- This is really the Final. It's a shame one of them will go home early instead of playing a rematch of the last two years --which Kinrankai has won both times --which is probably why I don't like them

Kyoei v Furukawa Furukawa has a 183cm 2nd year spiker, Merisa Valdes(?), who I believe is of Cuban heritage. She's got some jump. Kyoei has a 187cm MB, Fu Xintian(?), who I believe is of Chinese heritage. She's a major, major beast. It's going to be tough but this draw is Kyoei's best shot at the Final

I've noticed several mid-180cm players in this tournament who look to me to be of Chinese heritage. Pretty cool. That might be where Japan picks up a little height.

Interesting to watch the quality of volleyball go up over the course of the tournament: 52 teams down to 4 in three days

Go Kyoei :super:

• Yep, this girl is a Chinese exchange student making news. She's a blast, super fun, super deadly

Fu Xintian

:super:Go Kyoei :super:

• One Year Anniversary

This weekend is gonna be volleyball overdose. Final 8 starts; V2 kicks back into gear with some possible VTV live streams (probably a fail); The Challenge 4 gets underway; a bunch of ill-conditioned old ladies are taking batting practice over in Europe; we'll find out if it's Thailand or Korea heading to Tokyo; and the most exciting: The All Japan High School Finals.

It's also the one year anniversary of The Apocalypse -- the day live streaming of V.League matches came to an end, for all practical purposes. Here's what happened:

At the time (though streams were diminishing), there were a handful of youtube channels that streamed almost all the V.League matches live. They would advertise them: "Upcoming Live Stream" on their Home Page. Most notably, in one of many iterations, were Volleyball Cup and the Passion Dude who's now on Facebook. They also kept all the streams around for future viewing.

On 13 January 2019 Hisamitsu Springs were playing JT Marvelous. It was a VTV match, and the first VTV match to have commentary. Up to this point in the season NO VTV matches had ever been streamed on any of the betting sites or youtube. The V.League didn't make highlight reels of any of them (because they were pretty shitty quality broadcasts). Mid-way through the match, Volleyball Cup youtuber switched their stream from a betting site to the VTV stream (via QQ, btw). "VOWWW!" as pope remarked.

Before the match ended, not only did the Volleyball Cup stream go dark, within an hour or two they removed all archived V.League matches from their site. Same for the Passion dude. And many others. Butt Stalker extraordinaire Pooshan1053 removed hundreds of high quality, edited V.League matches from their site, and they were NOT captured streams. They were fan cams. It was a frightening nite watching all this happen in real time.

Very odd that the N K youtuber continued to upload 1080 streams within hours of their broadcast and continued through the Golden Set of the Final. Still can't explain that. I think he was in cahoots with DAZN.

The sledgehammer of copyright law came down hard. Things have not been the same since.

• Final 8 starts in a few hours with Denso vs. Saitama & Torray vs. NEC :love:

Haven’t had the chance to watch even a quarter of the matches this season but I’ll make halfass predictions for the final ranking:

1. JT Maaaaavelousss: Denso is a formidable team but I believe with Drews’ magic, JT will snatch the crown this year. They have all it takes to come out on top: incredible libero, reliable blockers, and ... well... Andrea Drews. It would be a boring win, admittedly. They don’t excite me the way Himeji or Hitachi do :drink:

2. Denso Hard-working Bees: well well well Denso indeed has put up an impressive performance throughout the season, and they still have plenty more to offer. I know it probably won’t happen but I want to see 4T and the Denso bomber but a girl can dream :> This is just the beginning for a long period of the rise of Denso in the league!

3. Okayama No-Smiler Seagulls: I believe this team will accomplish great things, just not this season (and I pray they’ll prove me wrong!). They are solid proof that hardwork, discipline, and a diet consisting of not smiling can do wonders. Will there be an upset? Will they drop the ball? Will they ever smile? No, nah, and hell nah :cheesy: Get that bread my queens.

4. (da)Saitama Aego Medics: just like the prefecture they represent, Saitama really has nothing special (like for real, they are the MEDICS :wall:). They lack the “wow” factor and the well-rounded-ness of top teams like JT and Denso. But you know what, I think in the end, they will create a kind of ruckus and come out on top of teams with a slightly better track record and more iconic players like Toray and Toyota.

5. Toyota QWEENsei: I really put a lot of hope on this team early on. Their performance, however, has been ...unpredictable...in a disappointing kinda way :/ I still enjoy watching them play tho. They have some of my favorite league players - Takahashi, Uchiseto, and my good sister Araki.

6. ‘Toray‘ ‘Arrows’: just like their uniform, Toray’s performance this season can always use some improvement. Last season’s runner-up has had their weird upsets, (possible) drama, and underperformance issues. I smell an upsetting 6th place. Hope they come back stronger, with more ups than downs, and a better uniform...well...cross out the last one because that will never happen :rolll:

7. HisamitsWHO Sbrig: no, seriously, WHO is this team? where is the champion we all know and (secretly) hate? The superglue once held together a strong lineup has now dried up and fell apart. Maybe they’re protesting their corporate sponsorship. Maybe this is the end of the world. Maybe once you’re so high up the only way down is a trip to rock bottom. Whatever the reason is, they need HALP :sos:

8. NEC rad ruckitz: You’ve made it this far to see me put this team where they belong: the bottom. Well then you got what you wanted :white: The day NEC’s serve reception improves will be the day Toray gets a better uniform.

• Aryka Great stuff! It made laugh out loud when you went there re: Saitama I agree this is JT's turn. They are playing well, and seem happy and confident. They beat Denso in the Final.

After that it's tough. I don't get enough killer instinct from the NoSmilers to think they can get that far, but I've only seen about half the matches this year. I don't know the teams as well as I did last year, and that makes me sad. I think Okayama needs to land a spunky 2nd OH from high school or college to replace Sasaki if they're going to take things to a new level.

I hope QQ or the FB dude come through and we are able to see some of this action.

If you're looking for something to pass the time until we begin watching the Live Score go by :cheesy: the High School semi-finals start in a few minutes. First up is Higashi v Kinrankai, a rematch of the Final from last year. It's great volleyball, imo. Then the team I hope wins it, Kyoei plays after that. You can watch it here if you're interested.

• Seems to be a little confusion on the Haruko sites about when the matches are going to start and who's gonna go first.

https://www.haruko-volley.com/schedule.html and https://www.getsuvolley.com/ha…0-women-results-semifinal have it at 10:00, which I assume is Japan time which would be right now, but the site that's going to actually broadcast them, https://sportsbull.jp/haruko/ has a 17:30 start time for both of them :wall: