Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• I'm going all in on the rumor that Sanae Watanabe is really right-handed and swings with her left arm because it's more fashionable and effective.

Awww just lost the stream :(

• I'm going all in on the rumor that Sanae Watanabe is really right-handed and swings with her left arm because it's more fashionable and effective.

Awww just lost the stream :(

haha tot my internet was the problems 🤦🏻‍♂️ so the stream broken. sad

I want to see her doing back attack often 🤩 hope they train her more hehe

• I hope Okayama wins so they'll be the winners

PFU and Kurobe are in a Tie-Break too. But I believe the Challenge 4 is a done deal. Himeji and Kurobe are going to have to prove themselves. I wouldn't mind if Brilliant Aries replaced Kurobe in V1, but Himeji's got to stay

• It's mean-spirited for the V.League Live score to stay stuck at 14–7 for twenty minutes.

• Good Lord, I hope JT doesn't lose a single match anymore and let Seagulls/TAB fight it out to the death for the 2nd spot in Group B.

JT's not going to lose to Toyota so it will come down to the JT v Okayama match. Although, Okayama could lose to Hisamitsu and mess things up. But even then, everybody's got to keep winning matches if they want Gold! I don't think it matters being first or second place

• 2019-20 V.LEAGUE DIVISION 1 WOMEN: STAR CONFERENCE CHAMPION

JT Marvelous (17-4, 49 pts)

2019-20 V.LEAGUE DIVISION 1 WOMEN: PREMIER CONFERENCE CHAMPION
    Denso Airybees (18-3, 51 pts)

They received Y1500000 and a trophy. :)

2019-20 V.LEAGUE DIVISION 1 WOMEN Individual Award Winner 

Individual Award Winner Name Team Details Awards
    Top Scorer Neriman Ozsoy (TUR) Toray Arrows 523 points 1st Award
    Best Spiker Sinead Jack-Kisal (TTO) Denso Airybees 52.9% 1st Award
    Best Blocker Hannah Tapp (USA) Hitachi Rivale 1.08 bps 1st Award
    Best Server Andrea Drews (USA) JT Marvelous 17.2% eff 1st Award
    Best Receiver Risa Shinnabe (JPN) Hisamitsu Springs 68.8% eff 6th Consecutive Year

Congratulations to these outstanding athletes!

SOURCE: https://www.vleague.jp/topics/news_detail/21576

• JT's not going to lose to Toyota so it will come down to the JT v Okayama match. Although, Okayama could lose to Hisamitsu and mess things up. But even then, everybody's got to keep winning matches if they want Gold! I don't think it matters being first or second place

But I always want 1st place! Greedy me!

• JT's not going to lose to Toyota so it will come down to the JT v Okayama match. Although, Okayama could lose to Hisamitsu and mess things up. But even then, everybody's got to keep winning matches if they want Gold! I don't think it matters being first or second place

that Okayama vs Springs is real. just wait 😂

• sitenoise, what was that ceremony at the beginning of the JT match? Awarding as winners of the Star Conference?

werka https://live-stream365.com/onl…yer.php?stream_id=1049060 I just looked and JT Coach was awarded a 1,500,000 fake check, so yeah that's probably what it was. At about 18:20 in

If that's the case, congratulations to Denso and JT on your hardware and cash!

there is prize money for the regular season finish and then different amounts for the playoffs.

• I just watched Toray v NEC and Ai Kurogo looks like she's back. It's only one game, and Ishikawa is still carrying the brunt of duties, and I don't think Kurogo hits her best from the right side, but she's got a little extra bounce in her step and looks fit as can be. Her reception is soft and controlled with a "No problem, here ya go" bump to it. That's what you want to see. This is good news. I hope it sticks.

• Hitachi 2–0 PFU

I can't do math but I think if Hitachi sweeps PFU tonight and Himeji sweeps Kurobe, Himeji gets a safe ticket. The former is more likely than the latter.

https://www.vleague.jp/round/detail/278 :sos:

• Action item #1

• Action item #2 didn't happen :( My poor girls. They are clearly the least capable team in V1 ... but the hairstyles! The charming and articulate post game interviews! The ability to walk confidently in high heels! All that superfluous stuff may be for naught.

They played pretty well until it got crunchy. Then they stopped running plays and set everything to the import. Ugly volleyball.

Himeji will probably play Gumma Bank in the relegation. That'll be tough. Gumma Bank is the only team that beat them last year, 3–2.

On the flipside, if Ami&Emi and their Brilliant Allies can keep up the pace they will play PFU. And beat them ... although, hmm, I don't know if Brilliant Aries has a V1 license. Oh, this is tragic

Very strange Kurobe bested PFU to stay safe. Gift points didn't help PFU. They lost matches.

• brilliant Aries do have license but GSS don’t

• High School Personal Awards

Rino Murooka

MVP

<3

Best Libero

* Reina Yoshida (Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku)

Best Six

* Rino Murooka (Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku) OH

* Ayaka Araki (Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku) MB

* Fu Xintian (Kyoei Gakuen) MB

* Merisa Valdes (Furukawa Gakuen) OH

* Mio Okumura (Furukawa Gakuen) Setter

* Ameze Miyabe (Kinrankai) OH/MB/OP

Director Award

* Seiji Takeuchi (Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku)

Best Support Award

* Kyoei Gakuen (Tokyo)

* Sado (Niigata)

* Shuri (Okinawa)

:cup: Way to go Rino :cup:

:heart:

• Is there any update on the playoffs? I mean, second phase...I don't know what is the current stage of the tournament.

• two matches to play this coming weekend to end Final 8.

Group A

Toray 1-0, 4 pts

Saitama Ageo 1-0, 3 pts

Denso 0-1, 3 pts

NEC 0-1, 2 pts

Group B

JT Marvelous 1-0, 6 pts

Okayama 1-0, 4 pts

Toyota Auto Body 0-1, 2 pts

Hisamitsu 0-1, 0 pts