Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• Why are there teams with 1 victory and less points than the others?

• regular season finish in the conference got bonus points to start the Final 8. 3,2,1,0.

Denso finished 1st and blew them in the first match losing to Saitama.

FIVB article

thanks a lot

• Checking website. Is it truw that there will be no broadcasting both vtv and dazn of all matches this weekend as per japan website? Or the site is not updated yet? Bit the men's league is updated and ther will be broadcast this coming weekend unlike the women's team.

• Checking website. Is it truw that there will be no broadcasting both vtv and dazn of all matches this weekend as per japan website? Or the site is not updated yet? Bit the men's league is updated and ther will be broadcast this coming weekend unlike the women's team.

Welp. We're only getting into the good part, yet, the streaming is killing us again.

No official streams any where. Same as last year. We might get some of the GAORA broadcasts on QQ but I'll bet none of the DAZN ones.

Okayama v JT has a GAORA broadcast. Cross your fingers

• I came across this photo of Misaki Inoue from last weekend. This set has to be going to Keti :rolll:

• May I ask, how was it made possible for you to write for FIVB? :) Nice article, btw!

past work on Volleymob.com, Volleywood and Volleycountry (regular site that Jiri runs). One person recommended my work to FIVB (they are now working for them) and submitting examples of that work on sites above. Discussion over the phone as to whether I would be interested in writing.

Thank you for the review. Others coworkers and friends have said similar.

I try to give some background if people are not familiar with Japanese leagues or tournaments. Each league is different, so just a quick background helps connect the reader.

• If you like Japanese volleyball, watch the first few points of this semifinal match between KYOEI & Furukawa. My new hero, Fu Xintian, scores 3 of KYOEI's first 4 points and she is in rare form: joyful, frankenstien-y, adorable, killer-y. Her performance in this tournament was a highlight of the year in volleyball for me.

It's too bad Furukawa beat them in the tie-break with boring hero ball, because a Higashi v KYOEI Final would have been like Okayama v Hitachi. Could go either way, but 5 sets for sure. Higashi crushed Furukawa 75–53 in the Final.

• past work on Volleymob.com, Volleywood and Volleycountry (regular site that Jiri runs). One person recommended my work to FIVB (they are now working for them) and submitting examples of that work on sites above. Discussion over the phone as to whether I would be interested in writing.

Thank you for the review. Others coworkers and friends have said similar.

I try to give some background if people are not familiar with Japanese leagues or tournaments. Each league is different, so just a quick background helps connect the reader.

what happened to Volleymob, I love that website! It suddenly just not update anymore. Pity!:mirror:

• If you like Japanese volleyball, watch the first few points of this semifinal match between KYOEI & Furukawa. My new hero, Fu Xintian, scores 3 of KYOEI's first 4 points and she is in rare form: joyful, frankenstien-y, adorable, killer-y. Her performance in this tournament was a highlight of the year in volleyball for me.

It's too bad Furukawa beat them in the tie-break with boring hero ball, because a Higashi v KYOEI Final would have been like Okayama v Hitachi. Could go either way, but 5 sets for sure. Higashi crushed Furukawa 75–53 in the Final.

amazing game, amazing crowd 😍

i think i will watch the full game later 😂 first few minutes got me thinking "wow, Japan got amazing juniors" :box:

• After this week, we’ll be down to 4 teams. Then next week, the new Champions!!!

This is such a quick Final 8. Last year each team played 7 matches. This year, 3. That's not enough time to show your stuff

• amazing game, amazing crowd 😍

i think i will watch the full game later 😂 first few minutes got me thinking "wow, Japan got amazing juniors" :box:

That HS tournament is huge thing in Japan. It's too bad the Final fizzled with a one-sided match. KYOEI v Higashi would have been epic :box:

I only discovered this HS stuff a year ago. It has completely changed the way I see and understand the V.League (and U-NT squads). I wish the College tournament got the same love and coverage. People must view it like: if you go off to college to get an education you must not be serious about volleyball :lol:

• i think i will watch the full game later

btw - skip sets 2&3, KYOEI tanked them :aww: But if you enjoy what you see you can watch any of the matches from the whole tournament here. All the KYOEI matches are good and the other semifinal between Higashi and Kinrankai is worth checking out. Those two teams are the big guns. The fabulous U20 Squad from last summer was mostly Higashi and Kinrankai kids.

• This is such a quick Final 8. Last year each team played 7 matches. This year, 3. That's not enough time to show your stuff

Which is what makes it interesting for me. It rewards teams who have been strong from the get-go and values teams bringing their A-Game from here on out.

• Which is what makes it interesting for me. It rewards teams who have been strong from the get-go and values teams bringing their A-Game from here on out.

Yeah, that's cool.

Another way this early, short version changes the dynamic is, for example, last year Mayu Ishikawa showed up for Toray. She didn't play a lot, but the year before that Kotona Hayashi showed up and took over for JT.

NEC just landed a very good MB who could help them, given Yamada is out. But there's no time now. I have no idea what this girl's real name is, besides 甲萌香*, but she was Best Scorer and Best Spiker for recent College Champions Tsukuba. She's been Best Something every year in College.

*Moeka Ko or Jia Moka, or Kinoe Moe? It's a mystery :/

Edit: Mystery solved, it's Moeka Kinoe

• btw - skip sets 2&3, KYOEI tanked them :aww: But if you enjoy what you see you can watch any of the matches from the whole tournament here. All the KYOEI matches are good and the other semifinal between Higashi and Kinrankai is worth checking out. Those two teams are the big guns. The fabulous U20 Squad from last summer was mostly Higashi and Kinrankai kids.

thanks. i will be watching adorable matsui setting for her team :rose: