Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• thanks. i will be watching adorable matsui setting for her team :rose:

If you mean the adorable Tamaki Matsui, you need to go here for university champ games. There's only preliminary round matches available :( No Tsukuba matches, but a few JWCPE and Tamaki are there. JWCPE also have a great young MB Yoshi Shiozaki.

Glad to know another Tamaki fan Did you know she just signed with Denso?

• I may need an intervention :) I've had these KYOEI matches on an endless loop for a couple days. What a great bunch of kids. I think if they would have played Higashi in the Final, KYOEI would have been Okayama. They try so hard, except they smile, endlessly.

Something I've noticed watching all these HS matches is that a lot of these kids swing with a Gabi-like aggressiveness. I'm convinced that as these players move up the ranks, and especially if they get near the NT, this youthful aggressiveness gets neutered out of them in favor of the "Do not make mistakes" mantra.

It will be interesting to watch Mayu Ishikawa's development. She's still got a little micro-violence in her swing. If that goes away in favor of a wussy-whack I'll tell pope what's really going on with Japanese swingers.

• More KYOEI love: :heart: I'm still working on translations of their names, but a google-dive uncovered that their setter, Mayu Kikuchi 菊地 真結, and their OP, Noa Kinugasa 衣笠 乃愛, just won a beach volleyball tournament --the Madonna Cup Junior Championship (I think). Way to go girls!

• It will be interesting to watch Mayu Ishikawa's development. She's still got a little micro-violence in her swing. If that goes away in favor of a wussy-whack I'll tell pope what's really going on with Japanese swingers.

I have not watched a single match of V League this season. Is Mayu Ishikawa playing there or she`s playing HighSchool/College ??

Is Miyu Nagaoka back? Has she played at all?

• If you mean the adorable Tamaki Matsui, you need to go here for university champ games. There's only preliminary round matches available :( No Tsukuba matches, but a few JWCPE and Tamaki are there. JWCPE also have a great young MB Yoshi Shiozaki.

Glad to know another Tamaki fan Did you know she just signed with Denso?

ahh thanks for the link 😍 i tot it was the same tournament. lol my bad

Denso? hmm gonna be under tashiro's shadow

"swing with a Gabi-like aggressiveness.."

in NT, my eyes are always on Osanai. her spike n serves are amazing hehe i keep watching last year NT matches just for the miyashita-osanai substitution :box: hope she's still in NT this year

• I have not watched a single match of V League this season. Is Mayu Ishikawa playing there or she`s playing HighSchool/College ??

Ishikawa is playing with Toray this season. She was twice MVP and Gold Medal winner last summer in U20 and Asian Champs. Apparently her brother is a famous boy player in Japan. She's your favorite 172cm :rolll:

• Ishikawa is playing with Toray this season. She was twice MVP and Gold Medal winner last summer in U20 and Asian Champs. Apparently her brother is a famous boy player in Japan. She's your favorite 172cm :rolll:

Toray is my favorite to win it all :box:.

So she`s playing with Kulan....I just wish Japanese Federation could buy a few inches from Kulan`s height and transfer to Mayu Ishikawa. Make her 1.85cm and she will be one of the best in the world.

Her brother plays in Italy and he does very well. He should advice her sister to go play there as well. .....

• Is Miyu Nagaoka back? Has she played at all?

Nagaoka hasn't played this year. She's with the team, but don't know her status. She looks kinda sad in the stands, and then someone will ask for her autograph

:)
  • JT TAB link?

oops, sorry if I got your hope s up. The Denso NEC match is on QQ

• JT was trailing by as much as 6-16 but managed to make it close 22-25. Just happy they got momentum going into 2nd set.

I think Annie was 0/4 and then 10/10

4T in the Denso house :!:

• NEC is getting their hands on everything Sinéad 2/12 swings at.

• denso wyd =O

the wings the wings

• JT

• Upset brewing. This does not feel good!!!

Without seeing it there's no telling what's going on. Stats suggest Annie is the only one who is scoring.