Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• I would like to see Okayama vs Saitama again :|

1match is not enough :mad:

that could happen :)

• Whoever you are, I do hope your mouth is of gold because this prediction has to happen. 8-5 are now correct. Now the rest needs to happen.

https://twitter.com/TwoCityTrails/status/1218864831047991296

• Whoever you are, I do hope your mouth is of gold because this prediction has to happen. 8-5 are now correct. Now the rest needs to happen.

Aryka

Your post popped into my head last night as I was dozing off after a crazy night of vball. You really nailed it!

Now we got Underdogs v the New York Yankees.

• Just saw a video this morning of Megumi Kurihara. Here is something from the 2016-2017 board.

It seems that Megumi Kurihara is coming back to play well after so many injuries

Kurihara announced today that she had suffered from cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, which keeps blood from going throughout the brain. She could have actually died from it. It was caught and she had to do rehab to get back to playing shape, let alone walking.

• what happened?

I got hung up on the Freudian Slip "Fabiana Claudio will pay for them this season" and thought you found news this morning Fabiana was going to pay Hisamitsu for ... uhm ...

:rolll:

• I wrote last night that "Everything is as it should be". I love the way this thing turned out. The two best teams on paper and the two best teams on spirit. Gotta give JT some spirit points too, though. Such a change from last year when they would get behind and pout their way to a loss. This year they fought back. Lovely.

It's a heavy lift, but of course I'm rooting for the underdogs :)

• I wrote last night that "Everything is as it should be". I love the way this thing turned out. The two best teams on paper and the two best teams on spirit. Gotta give JT some spirit points too, though. Such a change from last year when they would get behind and pout their way to a loss. This year they fought back. Lovely.

It's a heavy lift, but of course I'm rooting for the underdogs :)

everybody loves the underdogs!

But I love me my Annie more!

• Volleyball Magazine has this ranking. I'm wondering why they have Toyota above Toray and if this 1–12 ranking thing can even work with the Conference malfunction. Did they add in Final 8 results?

Edit: I missed it but the V.League site also lists it as such

Edit Edit: This must be based on Final 8 alone, I guess. It's weird that the RR is based on wins and the F8 is based on points, but whatever

# 5: Toyota Auto Body Quincy's

# 6:Toray East Arrows

# 7: Hisamitsu Springs

# 8: NEC Red Rockets

# 9: Hitachi Rivale

# 10: KUROBE Aqua Fairies

# 11: PFU Blue Cats

# 12th: Himeji Victorina

Star Conference

W L pts setsW setsL set% pts pts pts%
    Toray
    14 7 44 49 39 1.63 1814 1674 1.08
    3 Toyota
    14 7 37 46 37 1.24 1829 1750 1.05

:sos:

• everybody loves the underdogs!

But I love me my Annie more!

I've enjoyed all your love for Annie <3

• Reasoning is that Toyota had 6 points to Toray's 5 points in the Final 8.

Hisamitsu finished in 7th because they had 1 win with 3 points, while NEC had 0 wins.

• Of Hisamitsu's roster (17 locals):

Four players played in College before joining Hisamitsu

Thirteen players came right from High School - Seven of those were from Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku

Of Himeji's Roster (23 locals):

Eighteen players played in College before joining Himeji

Five came from High School to the V.League - One was from Higashi (but ALL of them came from HS to some other team and were basically retired before getting called to Himeji)

Different strokes