French NT 2019

• I've seen some líberos play as OH in Brazilian league this year (Gabi from Sesc and Kika from Osasco, for example) but I think they've been listing only 13 players.

AFAIK the rule is either 12 players with 1 libero (but also 2 allowed), but as soon as more than 12 players are registered it's obligatory to have 2 liberos.

• I've seen some líberos play as OH in Brazilian league this year (Gabi from Sesc and Kika from Osasco, for example) but I think they've been listing only 13 players.

well, technically they're not OH, they're "regular" players. they often come in to serve/defend for an MB, and when they lose the serve, they still stay to receive (and an OH/OPP goes out)... but when they get to the net, they get subbed again. that is very common all over.

• I have asked this before but nobody has given me any answers.

What happens if a libero gets injured during a match in the Olympics? ( Libero can get hurt too, S.Popovic got injured in the Gloria Cup against Turkey).

Have a OH enter the court using what kinda of jersey?

What happens if a libero gets injured during a match in the Olympics? ( Libero can get hurt too, S.Popovic got injured in the Gloria Cup against Turkey).

If libero is injured and OH (or any other player) comes to play as a L, they wear smth like a neon shirt on their regular shirt. I dont know How to explain it, but in Poland we wear something like this on PE lesson to know who plays in your team.

During the WCH 2006 final, the libero of Poland (Gacek) got injured. Bakiewicz, their reserve OH, replaced him on court and wore a vest in fluorescent yellow on top of his own jersey.

In 2008, the Italian regular libero got injured during the Olympics. Their reserve OH, Pepperoni, stepped in to take his place as a libero for a few matches. I don't recall whether the libero injured himself during a match or not, though.

• Until around 2014, FIVB tournaments registered players as designated libero for each squad, so the coach could not rotate his players to take the libero position. In recent years, however, they gradually relaxed the rule to the extent that the coach can decide whom to play as libero before each match. This is a small rule change but indeed is pretty impactful and reasonable.

• well, technically they're not OH, they're "regular" players. they often come in to serve/defend for an MB, and when they lose the serve, they still stay to receive (and an OH/OPP goes out)... but when they get to the net, they get subbed again. that is very common all over.

What I mean is that many teams in BR Superliga are not using two liberos. It doesn't matter if they play as OH or not. It's just that I've been finding it weird to have 13/14 players and only 1 libero. I think BR Superliga has a different rule now.

• Service comparison between French and Serbian Players in Serie A

Rank 09 - Yacine - 19 aces

Rank 11 - Boyer - 18

Rank 21 - Trevor - 13

Rank 24 - Patry - 12

Rank 24 - Atanasijevic - 12

Rank 28 - Petric - 11

Rank 40 - Lisinac - 9

Rank 42 - Petar - 8

Rank 47 - Timothee - 7

Rank 65 - Bart - 4

Rank 75 - Uros and Podrascanin - 3

• What I mean is that many teams in BR Superliga are not using two liberos. It doesn't matter if they play as OH or not. It's just that I've been finding it weird to have 13/14 players and only 1 libero. I think BR Superliga has a different rule now.

also, i was just replying because of someone's question (maybe in another thread), my point being that a libero wearing a regular shirt is a strategy (different than using 2 libero system), since then the regular player can serve (and take off the MB from playing defense).

• also, i was just replying because of someone's question (maybe in another thread), my point being that a libero wearing a regular shirt is a strategy (different than using 2 libero system), since then the regular player can serve (and take off the MB from playing defense).

a strategy that only works once per set. I do not think this is very useful, but the coaches do LOL

• Tillie with reception errors killed France and his father didnt even replaced him.

• BUL 1-0 2 points

FRA 1-1 4 points

SRB 1-1 3 points

NED 0-1 0 points

Assuming the three all get 3 pts from NED, Serbia is in tight ropes. They get into semis by beating BUL in 3/4 sets. Otherwise, a fifth, regardless of result, brings Bulgaria to semis with France.

• Louati appeared and his reception was awful as well.

They have Lyneel and Carle

• During the WCH 2006 final, the libero of Poland (Gacek) got injured. Bakiewicz, their reserve OH, replaced him on court and wore a vest in fluorescent yellow on top of his own jersey.

In 2008, the Italian regular libero got injured during the Olympics. Their reserve OH, Pepperoni, stepped in to take his place as a libero for a few matches. I don't recall whether the libero injured himself during a match or not, though.

Not a topic that really belongs to the French NT thread but I will jump in very shortly with a comment.

Absolutely right, good memory :) To me, this absurd yellow vest is one of the few/some/many reasons volleyball is not taken seriously. How hard can it be to make him wear a differently colored (normal) shirt or the team's second uniform? With that vest on, the player looks like an out-of-scope construction worker who got invited to play some ball with the lads in the park before taking on his night shift.

Didn't mean to divert the thread from the French topic.

• and now he's playing Lyneel. It's nonsensical having K.Tillie at the back. He has a habit of shanking the ball.