FIVB Challenger Cup 2019

• The 2019 Challenger Cup participants are clear and the draw for the tournament in Ljubljana, Slovenia, looks like this:

Pool A

23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png Slovenia

23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Turkey

23px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png Chile

Pool B

23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png Egypt

23px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png Cuba

23px-Flag_of_Belarus.svg.png Belarus

The event will take place in the week of 3 - 7 July.

Assigning the tournament in Slovenia looks like a cheap excuse by FIVB for every decision they took concerning the WL/VNL format in the past few seasons which directly affected Slovenia. But it's still nowhere near certain whether Slovenia will make it to VNL 2020.

• Assigning the tournament in Slovenia looks like a cheap excuse by FIVB for every decision they took concerning the WL/VNL format in the past few seasons which directly affected Slovenia. But it's still nowhere near certain whether Slovenia will make it to VNL 2020.

Yeah. I'd like to see if the same will happen to Belgium next year. ^^

Slovenia-Turkey-Cuba might actually be a fairly entertaining battle, much better than Portugal-Czech Rep.-Estonia last year.

• It was announced today that Simon and Hierrezuelo will play again for Cuba.

Not in this competition though, they will be back maybe in the olympic qualifier or at the latest for the norceca championship in September.

Cuba is back baby!

• a couple of questions about this year's challenger cup.

why no representative from asia?

it seems that SLO decided to take this year's competition seriously, when it didn't last year. but whatever happened to FIN, NED, BEL, EST? did they not compete in the qualifiers?

• a couple of questions about this year's challenger cup.

why no representative from asia?

it seems that SLO decided to take this year's competition seriously, when it didn't last year. but whatever happened to FIN, NED, BEL, EST? did they not compete in the qualifiers?

They all did, but Turkey won the gold European league. Indeed both ned and est were in the final 4 while Belgium and finland didn't play with their main players

• TUR won against CHI with a very convincing game. It will be interesting match tomorrow against SLO.

By the way, does anyone have an idea about why the heck half of the Chilean team has a sir name Parraguirre?:what: Are they all related or is it just a very common sir name in Chile?:teach:

• TUR won against CHI with a very convincing game. It will be interesting match tomorrow against SLO.

By the way, does anyone have an idea about why the heck half of the Chilean team has a sir name Parraguirre?:what: Are they all related or is it just a very common sir name in Chile?:teach:

I dont know but i was curious too. There are 4 or 5 Parraguire in NT, maybe its just a commom name there :rolll:

Not in this competition though, they will be back maybe in the olympic qualifier or at the latest for the norceca championship in September.

Cuba is back baby!

I've seen this news a little while ago. Bozhulev Sanchez was supposed to integrate the team as well which in case turns out in reality will undoubtedly bring Cuba to at least a decent middle level in the international stage

Cuba is back baby!

Hope they will be back for the Olympics qualifier since this is the most important tournament this year.

• Perhaps Slovenian volleyball federation just wants to get their NT in VNL next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if VNL downsized to 14 and Slovenia gets snubbed next year by FIVB. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• this is so stupid. look how empty the hall is... what's the point of hosting this tourn. if you're not going to promote it?

Its almost empty even in Slovenia game. I gol E that at least in semi and final it can be full.

• A nice game going on between slo-tur now

• After I post this, it went down from the hill😂 turkey changed all his starting 6