South Korea Women's KOVO V-League 2019-2020 + KOVO Cup 2019
Heungkuk Life Insurance Pink Spiders
Incheon Gyeyang Gymnasium
2018-2019 V-League - Champion
2018 KOVO Cup - 3rd
Korea Expressway Corp. Hi-pass
Gimcheon Indoor Gymnasium
2018-2019 V-League - 2nd
2018 KOVO Cup - 3rd in Group
GS Caltex Seoul KIXX
2018-2019 V-League - 3rd
2018 KOVO Cup - 2nd
IBK Industrial Bank Altos
2018-2019 V-League - 4th
2018 KOVO Cup - 3rd in Group
Hyundai E&C Hillstate
2018-2019 V-League - 5th
2018 KOVO Cup - 4th
KGC Ginseng Corp.
Daejeon Chungmu Gymnasium
2018-2019 V-League - 6th
2018 KOVO Cup - Champion
KOVO V-League 2019-2020
Competition Name: Dodram 2019-2020 V-League
Date: Saturday, October 19th 2019 - Saturday, April 4th 2020
- Regular Season:
- The regular season (RS) begins on Saturday, October 19th 2019 and ends on Sunday, March 15th 2020 (Please refer to NB below).
- During the RS, matches will start at 19:00 KST on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and at 16:00 KST on Saturday, Sunday and Korean National holidays.
- During the RS, there will be no women's match held on Monday and Friday with the exception of Monday, January 27th 2020 which is a holiday because of 'Seollal' (Lunar New Year).
- The RS consists of 6 rounds and a total of 90 matches.
- Each round consists of 15 matches, with each team having to play against the other 5 teams once every round.
- Each team will play a 6 (3 home + 3 away) matches against each of the other 5 teams; a total of 30 matches during the RS.
- The RS champion will automatically qualify for the best of 5-match Championship series (Ch.).
- The RS runner-up and 3rd place teams will qualify for the best of 3-match Playoffs series (PO).
- The RS champion will play against the PO winner in a best of 5-match Ch.
- The RS ranking is decided by:
1. Victory Points > 2. Wins > 3. Sets Ratio > 4. Points Ratio > 5. Most recent head-to-head winner
3 Victory Points for a 3-0 or 3-1 win,
2 Victory Points for a 3-2 win,
1 Victory Point for a 2-3 loss,
0 Victory Point for a 0-3 or 1-3 loss
- The PO is a best of 3-match series which begin on Saturday, March 21st 2020; with one day rest in between each PO match.
- PO match 1 & 3 will be home matches for the RS runner-up and PO match 2 will be a home match for the RS 3rd place team (PO match 3 will only be played if needed).
- The Ch. is a best of 5-match series which begin on Friday, March 27th 2020; with one day rest in between each Ch. match.
- Ch. match 1, 2 & 5 will be home matches for the RS champion and Ch. match 3 & 4 will be home matches for the PO winner (Ch. match 4 & 5 will only be played if needed).
- The start time for the postseason matches have not yet been confirmed. However, they will most likely be at 19:00 KST on weekdays and at 16:00 KST on weekends.
Because of the Asian Continental Qualification Tournament (ACQT) for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic is scheduled to be held on January 6 -12th 2020, KOVO has decided to stop the league during this time. Hence, to let the Korean Women's NT members prepare for the ACQT, the women's V-League will take a break from Friday, December 20th 2019 to Monday, January 13th 2020.
Also, because of ACQT, KOVO has announced that there the V-League All-Star game will not be held this season.
However, if the Korean Women's NT is able to win Olympic qualification at the Intercontinental Olympic Qualification Tournament in Russia to be held on August 2-4th 2019, then KOVO may change the current women's V-League schedule released on July 2nd 2019.
KOVO Cup 2019
Competition Name: TBA
Date: Saturday, September 21st 2019 - Sunday, October 6th 2019
Competition Info: TBA