South Korea - Women's V-League 2019-2020

• KGC have official announced today that they have retained all 4 of their FA players - Han Song-Yi, Oh Ji-Young, Yeum Hye-Seon, and Chae Seon-Ah.

It's just crazy to me that you are able to know the salaries of players. I have no idea how much Japanese players make. brahmin offered some ballpark figures, like US$25-35,000/year base salary for Sarina Koga (plus NT and endorsements, but still).

In a way it's good for me not to know. I've been disappointed in, say, Koga for example. I'd be downright angry if I knew she was making 10 times more money than the 10 other NEC players who are better than her. $30,000/year is a disappointment. $100,000/year would be a crime. I don't want to know :P

• News Update:

• Korea Expressway Corp. Hi-pass officially announced that they have signed new contract with Park Jeong-Ah, Jung Dae-Young, Moon Jung-Won, and Jeon Sae-Yan. Park Jeong-Ah signed a 3-year contract for 580M KRW (430M KRW annual salary + 150M KRW option) each year. Jung Dae-Yong signed for 140M KRW (95M KRW annual salary + 45M KRW option). Moon Jung-Won signed for 190M KRW (160M KRW annual salary + 30M KRW option). Jeon Sae-Yan signed for 85M KRW (70M KRW annual salary + 15M KRW option). Talks between veteran setter Lee Hyo-Hee and Hi-pass appears to be still ongoing but it was reported that Hi-pass have offered her a coaching position. Sources: 1, 2, 3
  • It's just crazy to me that you are able to know the salaries of players.

I think all the teams this year will have to report to KOVO the detail of all their players' contract. KOVO want to prevent team from cheating and recruiting players from other team unfairly so they need to monitor all the players' contract. This is mainly because KOVO have now put a cap of 500M KRW on the option (previously there was no limit for the option on a player contract) in the player's contract.

Personally, if I was a player I wouldn't want the public to know what I was earning.

• News Update:

• GS Caltex Seoul Kixx confirmed this evening that they have retained MB Moon Myoung-Hwa.

Her contract is for 80M KRW (70M KRW annual salary + 10M KRW option). Sources: 1, 2, 3

This leaves only Lee Hyo-Hee, she has until 18:00 KST tomorrow to signed with a team if she wishes to continue to play. Expressway Hi-pass informed the media they have offered her a coaching position so it doesn't look like Hi-pass will re-sign her as a player. Hyundai E&C is the only feasible destination left.

• In the end not much changes in the teams...

Only 3 teams that affected with changes.:

Pink Spider lost a libero but got Lee DY..

Altos got Cho SH, so they have 2 senior setters that can be rotated in play..

Hillstate is the bad end of the deal.. They lost Lee DY and no new "blood".. They will have to do better recruiting foreign player. Since they are the champion, they got last on picking rookie draft...

• News Update:

• Korea Expressway Corp. Hi-pass officially announced that they have signed new contract with Park Jeong-Ah, Jung Dae-Young, Moon Jung-Won, and Jeon Sae-Yan. Park Jeong-Ah signed a 3-year contract for 580M KRW (430M KRW annual salary + 150M KRW option) each year. Jung Dae-Yong signed for 140M KRW (95M KRW annual salary + 45M KRW option). Moon Jung-Won signed for 190M KRW (160M KRW annual salary + 30M KRW option). Jeon Sae-Yan signed for 85M KRW (70M KRW annual salary + 15M KRW option). Talks between veteran setter Lee Hyo-Hee and Hi-pass appears to be still ongoing but it was reported that Hi-pass have offered her a coaching position. Sources: 1, 2, 3

430 million won is $348,000 according to Oanda

• News Update:

• No further FA signing on the last day, meaning that setter Lee Hyo-Hee (LHH) was left unsigned. An official from Expressway Hi-pass has stated that LHH has decided to retire and join the coaching staff. According to "thespike.co.kr", Hyundai E&C did attempt to try to signed LHH until the last minute but was unable to reach an agreement. Sources: 1, 2, 3
    • Heungkuk Life Pink Spiders announced that head coach Park Mi-Hee have re-signed with the team to lead them for another 2 more years. Sources: 1, 2, 3

FA Summary:

Team Player Class Contract Transfer
    Hyundai E&C HWANG Min-Kyoung A 300M - Annual Salary: 280M KRW + Option: 20M KRW
    KIM Yeon-Gyeon A 200M - Annual Salary: 180M KRW + Option: 20M KRW
    LEE Da-Yeong A 400M - Annual Salary: 300M KRW + Option: 100M KRW >> Heungkuk
    GS Caltex MOON Myoung-Hwa A 80M - Annual Salary: 70M KRW + Option: 10M KRW
    Heungkuk Pink Spiders KIM Hae-Ran A -- Retired
    CHO Song-Hwa A 270M - Annual Salary: 250M KRW + Option: 20M KRW >> IBK Altos
    LEE Jae-Yeong A 600M - Annual Salary: 400M KRW + Option: 200M KRW
    KGC HAN Song-Yi A 220M - Annual Salary: 200M KRW + Option: 20M KRW
    OH Ji-Young A 260M - Annual Salary: 250M KRW + Option: 10M KRW
    YEUM Hye-Seon A 250M - Annual Salary: 230M KRW + Option: 20M KRW
    CHAE Seon-Ah B 70M - Annual Salary: 50M KRW + Option: 20M KRW
    IBK Altos KIM Su-Ji A 300M - Annual Salary: 250M KRW + Option: 50M KRW
    KIM Hee-Jin A 500M - Annual Salary: 450M KRW + Option: 50M KRW
    Korea Expressway Corp. Hi-pass PARK Jeong-Ah A 580M - Annual Salary: 430M KRW + Option: 150M KRW
    MOON Jung-Won A 190M - Annual Salary: 160M KRW + Option: 30M KRW
    JUNG Dae-Young B 140M - Annual Salary: 95M KRW + Option: 45M KRW
    LEE Hyo-Hee B -- Retired
    JEON Sae-Yan B 85M - Annual Salary: 70M KRW + Option: 15M KRW

Sources: 1, 2

With this many FA, I'm am also surprised that only two players transferred to a different team. Now the question is who will Heungkuk and IBK select as their protected players and who will Hyundai and Heungkuk select as the reward player.

• I have to say Hyundai kinda slow with their responds to find setter replacement.

I know it's hard to find replacement for LDY but doing last minute act didn't help either.

Unless they already plan to make Kim Dain full time setter. She's not that bad, but playing full time just like LDY did is tough tbh. She needs reliable backup.

• Reports out this evening have reported that Hyundai E&C have chosen Shin Yeon-Gyeong (SYG) as the reward player from Heungkuk for Lee Da-Yeong. Heungkuk on the other hand, have selected Park Sang-Mi as the reward player from IBK Altos for Cho Song-Hwa. Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

SYG can help Hyundai in both the OH position (more on the defensive side) and libero position. I think it would have been better if Hyundai had selected one of the younger attacking OH/OP if not setter Kim Da-Sol. I can only speculate that Hyundai will make a trade using SYG but I can't see any other team that is in desperate need of a libero or defensive OH.

• Is it for real that Yang Hyo-Jin has a 340cm spike point? Wikipedia, FIVB

• Is it for real that Yang Hyo-Jin has a 340cm spike point? Wikipedia, FIVB

Who knows for sure, maybe it is possible if she had a long run up and put in some effort. I had a look on the bulletin for some of the AVC competitions and found she had different spike height on all of them. They range from 299cm, 340cm, 330cm, and on Namu.wiki (a Korean version of wikipedia) it is recorded at 287cm. KOVO website has got Yang Hyo-Jin's sargent jump recorded as 49cm.

http://asianvolleyball.net/old…/Daily-Bulletin-No.-1.pdf

http://asianvolleyball.net/old…018/08/AGW-2018-DB-01.pdf

https://asianvolleyball.net/ne…/08/Bulletin-1-8.17-1.pdf

https://namu.wiki/w/%EC%96%91%ED%9A%A8%EC%A7%84

https://www.kovo.co.kr/team/21…r_view.asp?p_code=0000741

• News of a players trade between Hyundai E&C and IBK Altos first came out like about a week ago but it seems like the trade wasn't fully settled at that point as only one media outlet reported about the trade. However, official confirmation of a 2:2 player trade between Hyundai and IBK has finally come out.

The trade between the two teams will see Hyundai trade SHIN Yeon-Gyeong (who they received from Heungkuk for LEE Da-Yeong) and middle blocker SIM Mi-Og for IBK setter LEE Na-Yeon and outside hitter JEON Ha-Ri. Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

Sticking with Hyundai E&C, the Suwon based team revealed at the start of this month that outside hitter GO Yoo-Min (GYM) has left the team.

From what I understand, GYM left the team sometime in early March (for reason unknown). Hyundai tried to persuade her to change her mind but was unable to do so. Hyundai was left with no choice but to submit a notification of GYM voluntary withdrawal to KOVO. With the Hyundai E&C players returning to training this week, it is unlikely that GYM will play for Hyundai this upcoming season. It was noted that as a voluntary withdrawal player, GYM is allowed to return to the team after a period of at least one month from the date of the public notice (similarly like how Kim Ju-Ah returned to Hyundai recently). Sources: 1, 2, 3

• So Hillstate got a senior setter with NT experience as well... Good for them..

I think Goo YM gone home to consider her options ... be "eternal" pinch server / libero backup or retired...

Sim MO usually played as backup libero for Hillstate.. but Altos should train her again as MB to give more options in MB position, so Kim Hee Jin can concentrate to become better OP for NT sake....