South Korea - Women's V-League 2019-2020

• Hyundai E&C snatching a point off of GS Caltex in their Round 5 match (link) made all the difference. GS must be rueing the final result for that match as they easily won the first two sets but Hyundai managed to take the match to a 5th set. Losing their two key players (Lee So-Young and Kang So-Hwi) during the season due to injuries was costly particularly when they had such a good start.

Yes congratulation to Hyundai!

The league and the cup. :cup:

Btw because of the early the end to the season, there are still things left for KOVO and the teams to sort out such as the players award, free agents, and foreign player tryout. I will try to let you guys know once there are news update about these matters.

• As a matter of fact, KOVO board proclaimed that there is no Champion this year, Hyundai didn’t won the title.

Official announcement: https://www.kovo.co.kr/news/61…vonews_view.asp?num=27560

Good summary: https://sports.news.naver.com/…hn?oid=047&aid=0002262702

Yes, you are correct.

Overall there is no champion but I still wonder if Hyundai is the regular season winner since they did ranked all the teams.

• I hope this virus will end very soon!!!

And amnstill wondering why our scientists aren't developing any vaccine or medication yet for this virus!!

Anyways, hope asian thingy in kovo will push through to make it more exciting and for a change. Also, the tryout hopefully it psuh through as well

• Yes, you are correct.

Overall there is no champion but I still wonder if Hyundai is the regular season winner since they did ranked all the teams.

Yes, the wording was ambiguous.

The way I see it, there's no regular season winner, the competition was cancelled. KOVO ranked teams after 5 rounds in order to pay them proper share and prepare ground for the upcoming rookie draft and tryout (It's highly unlikely that this event will take place on schedule, Prague is in a state of emergency).

Hyundai will now face certain post season disadvantages (in salary cap, draft and tryout) without any real prize. Source

Update:

For what it's worth, this article states that "Hyundai is the top team in regular season, but not regular season winner".

• Really ironic to be on top of the league without any advantages.

And now they need to secure their key players (mainly setter and libero) too

This might be just wishful thought, but I really wanna see Kim Heejin playing with Lee Dayeong in the same team.

They match really well in international stage, even better than Lee twins combo in my opinion.

I rarely see Heejin utilize her cross-court hit trademark in the league. Such a shame coz she's really good at it.

• I hope this virus will end very soon!!!

And amnstill wondering why our scientists aren't developing any vaccine or medication yet for this virus!!

Anyways, hope asian thingy in kovo will push through to make it more exciting and for a change. Also, the tryout hopefully it psuh through as well

Of course it is so easy to develop a vaccine that's both safe and effective. We are just being lazy here, chilling a bit, watching people die:aww:

• FA, its gonna be hard

Lee Jae-young and Lee Da-young(24), Park Jeong-ah (27), Kim Hee-jin (29), Oh Ji-young (32), Yeom Hye-sun (29), Jeong Dae-young (39), and Cho Song-hwa (27).

I feel like Lee Da-young, Cho Sonng-hwa will stay, if she wants to play starter she will stay. parkjeongah might change.

• This might be just wishful thought, but I really wanna see Kim Heejin playing with Lee Dayeong in the same team.

They match really well in international stage, even better than Lee twins combo in my opinion.

I rarely see Heejin utilize her cross-court hit trademark in the league. Such a shame coz she's really good at it.

Always nice to see some Kim Heejin love :rose:

• i read in J-league thread that Asian Club Ch is going to start at May (if the pandemic doesn't escalade, I guess)...

If only Hillstate or Kixx can participate.. That will be good for the league....

• FA, its gonna be hard

Lee Jae-young and Lee Da-young(24), Park Jeong-ah (27), Kim Hee-jin (29), Oh Ji-young (32), Yeom Hye-sun (29), Jeong Dae-young (39), and Cho Song-hwa (27).

I feel like Lee Da-young, Cho Sonng-hwa will stay, if she wants to play starter she will stay. parkjeongah might change.

I read recent article (with the help of google translate ofc lol) that Hyundai wanna make Lee Dayeong the 'face' of Hyundai, like Yang Hyojin. So I guess they're really serious about keeping her. Unless she gets love calls from overseas, I think she will stay too. In her instalive, she mentioned about still wanting to go abroad if opportunity came.

Park Jungah is the ace in her team though. It'd be harder for Hi-pass if she leave. Unless they get someone like Lee Jaeyeong, which I doubt will ever leave Heungkuk.

Always nice to see some Kim Heejin love :rose:

She's such an underrated player with how good she is as opposite in national team. She just need to meet good setter.

i read in J-league thread that Asian Club Ch is going to start at May (if the pandemic doesn't escalade, I guess)...

If only Hillstate or Kixx can participate.. That will be good for the league....

I don't think any volleyball competition will happen anytime soon. They even cancelled VNL that should started in May.

• i read in J-league thread that Asian Club Ch is going to start at May (if the pandemic doesn't escalade, I guess)...

They've postponed the Asia Clubs. Men's has been penciled in for August but no word on women's new date yet

• someone said in an interview, lee jae-yeong expressed the desire to play alongside twin sister lee da-yeong. anyone know of this interview?

yeah it was from recent interview with kbs if I'm not mistaken https://sports.news.naver.com/…hn?oid=056&aid=0010811625

I don't know if you can watch the video from that site, but if you couldn't, here link from ig https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XEfGzFwlr/

With my broken hangul knowledge lol, I think Jaeyeong said she wants to play with Dayeong coz of her fast toss as setter and it match well with her style. She also said Dayeong talked to her she wants to play with a player like Jaeyeong. At the end Jaeyeong jokingly said should the club (Heungkuk) catch her (Dayeong) ?

Tbh, I think it's hard for them to play in one team either Heungkuk or Hyundai unless both go to another new team. But that new team must have lots of money to hire both twins...

• Various options for the tryout have been reported in several articles, such as letting the team recruit freely, delaying the tryout, moving the tryout, or recruit players based on video submitted. At a working committee meeting held last Thursday (Apr 2), the men's teams have given their consent to using video submitted but the women's teams want to delay the tryout and see how thing develop as they would prefer to see the players in real life.

KOVO board of directors will meet on Thursday (Apr 9) and they will decide what to do then.

With regards to the list of players in the tryout, there is none at the moment as the deadline for the tryout was extended to this Wednesday (Apr 8). Valentina Diouf, Merete Lutz, Lucia Fresco, and Hayley Spelman have reportedly applied for renewal. For the women, at least 40 players have applied, with a few of them already having V-League experience.

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

The award winners (MVP, best rookie, best 7, best head coach, fair play) and FA status players will also be announced this Thursday. Unfortunately, there will be no awards show, no relay or media coverage of the award presentation at 14:00 KST and only the winner will be invited. Another thing that should be announced and I think will be, is the salary cap for the women's teams which may have a huge bearing on the movement of FA status players.

Hyundai E&C Yang Hyo-Jin and Lee Da-Yeong, as well as KGC Valentina Diouf are the main candidates for the MVP that I have seen. Sources: 1, 2, 3

The best rookie is between close friend Lee Da-Hyeon (Hyundai) and Park Hyeon-Ju (Heungkuk), both players came from Jungang girls' high school. Sources: 1, 2, 3

For the best 7, I have seen a lot of fans claiming the best 7 will be:

Outside Hitters Lee Jae-Yeong (heungkuk) & Kang So-Hwi (GS Caltex), Opposite Hitter Valentina Diouf (KGC), Middle Blockers Yang Hyo-Jin (Hyundai) & Han Song-Yi (KGC), Setter Lee Da-Yeong (Hyundai), and Libero Yim Myung-Ok (Hi-pass).

It looks like Hyundai E&C will get a trophy for coming first. KOVO have decided to give the regular league season trophy to both the first ranked team for men and women. Sources: 1