2019 FIVB Women's U20 World Championship in Mexico

• Ni Fei-fan will hardly get the best libero. Although I know that this Chinese U20 NT hardly becomes Top 4 because before 2019 U20 WCH, it lost all matches [1-3 Serbia B, 2-3 Argentina U20, 0-3 Turkey U20 and 0-3 Brazil U20].

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Ni Fei-fan will hardly get the best libero. Although I know that this Chinese U20 NT hardly becomes Top 4 because before 2019 U20 WCH, it lost all matches [1-3 Serbia B, 2-3 Argentina U20, 0-3 Turkey U20 and 0-3 Brazil U20].

The Chinese U20 is the defending champion but the current team is just at the middle level, or middle plus. Watched partially the 3rd set RUS-CHN this early morning Asia time, the team's reception was not good (or some player, sleepy, watch at small screen thru my phone), and lost several points consecutively and easily, such cheap points prevented them to even get a set at the end. It seems this team pose no chance to play in semis. And perhaps to get any win in Group E is already an achievement by itself. A disappointing defending champion!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The Chinese U20 is the defending champion but the current team is just at the middle level, or middle plus. Watched partially the 3rd set RUS-CHN this early morning Asia time, the team's reception was not good (or some player, sleepy, watch at small screen thru my phone), and lost several points consecutively and easily, such cheap points prevented them to even get a set at the end. It seems this team pose no chance to play in semis. And perhaps to get any win in Group E is already an achievement by itself. A disappointing defending champion!

This CHN generation was one of the worse team in the youth WCH 2017 (19th place among 20 team) so they already seems to be improved in 2 years. CHN has so many young players right now. It is ok if one generation turns out to be a bad one:lol:

On the other hand, DOM won silver medal with this generation in youth WCh 2017 but now fighting for 9th place at best:white:

• Ana Cristina is playing very well... she’s only 15yo but Brazil needs a tall offensive OH like her.

I wish her a nice transition from junior to senior level :drink:

• The commentators do not stop talking even for a second. :lol:

This boy/girl team is restrained compared to the two girl team that called the first round.

• Italy's #15 always celebrates her points looking at the opposite team's players.

I must confess that I like these things sometimes because the game becomes more entertaining for viewers, but I've already watched 3 games of the team and she does that all the time. No need for that.

• It should be Populini the bad girl(#13). I didn't notice Omoruyi doing that. The referee should reprimand her.

No no it is Omoruyi! I just watched the first set against Brazil.. she blocks Tainara (17th or 18th point) and she yells at her. I was quite surprised too, she looks so nice and calm :lol:

• Turkey #16 has a novel serve approach :)

• I like this Turkish squad. They can be knocked out of system and it doesn't matter. Everyone passes pretty well. They're blocking well and defending. Tough work for Japan.