2019 FIVB Women's U20 World Championship in Mexico

• btw Eda Kafkas on haters :rolll::

"When the match goes fast I usually take the decision where to set the ball. I like to work with my teammates that want to attack and together we executed our game plan. Today our performance improved from yesterday and I believe my setting made a difference.”

All I want from this tournament for Turkey tbh is Yaren #16 to get some appreciation/reward for that serve. Any reward is accepted. Performance wise, without Elif, Ebrar and Ilkin Aydin, they are doing perfect imo

I just also realized after looking up on FIVB, she has such an exotic type of beauty

http://u20.women.2019.volleyba…/yaren-i%c5%9fik?id=73379

Cutie :saint:

• Such a shady bitch :lol:

It is a great success to reach semis without Elif and Ebrar. Congratulations girls.

And I can't believe Russia reached the semis with the help of Italy:down: Brasil deserved it way more than Russians

• Such a shady bitch :lol:

It is a great success to reach semis without Elif and Ebrar. Congratulations girls.

And I can't believe Russia reached the semis with the help of Italy:down: Brasil deserved it way more than Russians

I agree and she probably knows herself that she is one of the weak links in the team. I mean you can't be this shady while the only thing you do in court is to give inconsistent sets to zone 4. She has 0 creativity and her connection with hitters are bad, which simply shows the middles and opposites as terrible attackers. Yes, they are bad, but could be handy with a better setter.

• Yolo

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::rolll::rolll::rolll::obey::obey::obey:

I’m serious though. For my money Soga is leading this team. They do this by design. The MB goes out wide and attacks like an OP.

If you want to see it look at the match against USA, about 38 minutes in, score 5-3 — I know it’s there because I rewound it several times to try to figure it out. They do it from time to time. It’s weirdo-ball, but nonetheless. Also when Soga is in 2, and MB Hirayama is in 4, Soga will attack from 3 and Hiyayama from wide 2. More weirdo-ball. They scored two straight points there.

The Japanese are anything but irrational :box::box::rose:

• Regarding Elif Sahin, yes, she definitely should have been here but her setting to MBs are horrible, too. It wouldn’t have made any difference. If you watch her matches on youtube, you’ll see what I am talking about.

Yasemin was OK in attacking before Karayollari but now she is horrible in attacking. She has to work on it a lot in the next season. Merve has a good approach and reading at block and I am sure she will learn a lot but I doubt her attacking will improve because she will be playing with Elif in Karayollari.

• BRA x ITA 1st set:

folllow the links for other sets...

ed: you can see at 18:58, when #15, omoruyi screams at BRA after blocking her ... then the ref. warns both teams.

ha. the next point, tainara kills the ball and screams right back at her.

• Regarding Elif Sahin, yes, she definitely should have been here but her setting to MBs are horrible, too. It wouldn’t have made any difference. If you watch her matches on youtube, you’ll see what I am talking about.

Yasemin was OK in attacking before Karayollari but now she is horrible in attacking. She has to work on it a lot in the next season. Merve has a good approach and reading at block and I am sure she will learn a lot but I doubt her attacking will improve because she will be playing with Elif in Karayollari.

Setting to mbs might not be her strongest suit but she is way better than Kafkas at setting to wings, especially to opp.

Merve seems to be very promising. I hope her transition to senior level would be better than Yasemin Guveli.

• A shout out to Polish libero Monika Jagła. Like her energy. Fun to watch off the ball. And a shout out to the whole Polish U20 squad here. They don't play in slow motion like their senior NT

• A shout out to Polish libero Monika Jagła. Like her energy. Fun to watch off the ball. And a shout out to the whole Polish U20 squad here. They don't play in slow motion like their senior NT

Definitely agree, polish defense was crazy at the match against turkey, and biggest reason was Monika. Poland always managed to raise good liberos. Seems like the tradition will last in next couple years

• Definitely agree, polish defense was crazy at the match against turkey, and biggest reason was Monika. Poland always managed to raise good liberos. Seems like the tradition will last in next couple years

That's the match I was watching. Missed it all live. What a bruiser! Everyone was hurrying up. Watching it caused my breathing to become irregular :S

• Is this similar to what coach Manabe is doing couple of years ago? I think it was called hybrid or something but ultimately did not work? Not sure though

• Is this similar to what coach Manabe is doing couple of years ago? I think it was called hybrid or something but ultimately did not work? Not sure though

Thanks for responding. I don't know if it's similar to that hybrid thing. Understanding rotations is not my strong suit. I'd have to go back and have a look, but I seem to recall with the hybrid, asking myself "Why is Sakoda Middle-Blocking"?:

Sakoda was a back court attacker. Soga (today's OP) infrequently hits from downtown and does this "Yolo" business. That's what intrigues me.

#6 OP Soga has just served the ball. When the ball comes back, first contact is made by the setter (#4 is the MB):

who bumps the ball to the libero ... who sets it to #4 MB Hirayama (see #6 Soga coming to the net):

#4 MB Hirayama scores down the line (#6 Soga was at the net for block coverage):

Not so weird?

Next play, when the ball comes back, libero bumps to setter who sets it to Hirayama on the wing. It was a bad set but you can see #6 Soga doing a decoy swing in the middle. The ball comes back and Soga decoy swings again, only the setter sets to the back court attacker. I don't think it's fooling the USA defense ... So ... YOLO? :P or Hybrid? Or What?

As I mentioned, the other thing that Soga and Hirayama do --when Hirayama is in 4 and Soga is in 2-- is Hirayama will go wide right and Soga will attack in front of the setter.

• Damn Russians and their long, pretty eyelashes, and their blocking, along with way way too many hitting errors from Japan --mostly Yuki Nishikawa who's been replaced with Ameze Miyabe-- sending this to a Tie Break

• Japan :woohoo:...

Mexican fans are awesome, they make this tournament so exciting. :dance4:

Yeah it would so cool if there was only the crowd noise and you could mute out the commentators. I love a good crowd!

• When will Italy-Turkey match start?

It was scheduled to start an hour ago, but the JPN v RUS started an hour late. I imagine it will begin in 30 minutes or less.