Aloha from Hawaii.

• Howdy! I just found this site within the past week or so. I was looking for an alternative to VolleyTalk, another discussion group which I was a part of for just under 2 years. Said forum is primarily a fan based one, which very few Real VB people contribute to: therefore, they are outnumbered - and dominated by - partisan fanatics, pretty much. I am a former player-coach; I therefore appreciate the Way More Genuine topics and threads that I've seen here. My primary interests - and focus - are: game strategies; play development; tactical match management; plus training modalities. Being from Hawai'i, I am in an American/NCAA hotbed of fan support and loyalty. THAT can be very much of a two-edged sword; it IS unique to the US college game, but is deficient in international perspective. Speaking of which, I'm a "newbie" to the international game; tho' I have followed Olympic VB, somewhat loosely, over the quads: So, I am stoked to see so much global VB focus going on here! Thanks.

• Welcome! I've been constantly on both VolleyTalk and InsideVolleyCountry. I am a USAV fan, so I am on VT for mostly USA volleyball info and discussions. During NCAA season, I also check VT regularly as I love watching college kids, especially those with great potential.

With that being said, while VT is heavily focused on NCAA, Inside provides me with abundant information on professional and international volleyball. I follow closely the Italian and Turkish leagues since there are lots of American players in these two leagues.

Nice to have you here!

• Welcome! I've been constantly on both VolleyTalk and InsideVolleyCountry. I am a USAV fan, so I am on VT for mostly USA volleyball info and discussions. During NCAA season, I also check VT regularly as I love watching college kids, especially those with great potential.

With that being said, while VT is heavily focused on NCAA, Inside provides me with abundant information on professional and international volleyball. I follow closely the Italian and Turkish leagues since there are lots of American players in these two leagues.

Nice to have you here!

Yeah, I recognized your screen name (along with "mapuan"'s) when I first browsed these threads ~five days ago. Thank You for the welcome-wagon. I'd wager that your coming here, from VT, Is Also a respite from "tangotango" (unless he goes by a different handle here). What a piece of work! I quit VT because of too much lurking, stalking and trolling of me and my posts. I was active in the Rick Butler-SPRI threads; acquired a bunch of wingnuts/instant enemies there! Ciao.

• Hey I'm also from Hawai'i! This forum is a great guide that'll help you learn and keep up to date about international volleyball. A bit of a warning, there are some users here that like to troll every now and then.

• Hey I'm also from Hawai'i! This forum is a great guide that'll help you learn and keep up to date about international volleyball. A bit of a warning, there are some users here that like to troll every now and then.

Cool - I am right in between Kona-Hilo on the Ka'u (S. Point) side - Yeah, I cruised some threads and observed some troll-ishness. Hey: just like VolleyTalk. Thx!

• Cool - I am right in between Kona-Hilo on the Ka'u (S. Point) side - Yeah, I cruised some threads and observed some troll-ishness. Hey: just like VolleyTalk. Thx!

I did visit the big island in 2015, staying near Keauhou Shopping Center. Drove in the area that had the lava flow last year during that trip.

• I have visited Kauai twice, Maui once. On the Maui trip, stayed in Lahaina, and did the complete road to Hana (even the part rentals aren't supposed to go on) and also the one on the north side as well.

• I have visited Kauai twice, Maui once. On the Maui trip, stayed in Lahaina, and did the complete road to Hana (even the part rentals aren't supposed to go on) and also the one on the north side as well.

Now THAT is funny; back in 2000, I drove an SUV from Makawao to Hana -- and beyond: just as you did. Good thing the tide was out in two spots on that ride! (had insurance on the rent-a-rig - plus,did Not want to drive back the way I came - Soooo I just kept on going). Spectacular view of Kahului and the other isles!

• Now This is funny (to me, anyway)! I thought I was writing back to the same person ("bumpsetspike" from W. Maui) when I finally realized that I was writing to two different persons (him and "brahmin")! It was my birthday just awhile ago; I will blame a hangover (+advancing senility) for my faux pas. So hi: both of ya!

• 'K - right near the Maui Brewing Company; (when I still drank) their "Bikini Blonde" lager was the bomb. Guy I moved in w/ here used to hang in the Kaanapali/ Kapalua/ Lahaina area. Reason I asked is 'cos I have a friend upcountry: near Kula/ Makawao/ Pukalani. I'll be visiting her come Thanksgiving - Christmastime.

Yes, Maui Brewing Company is literally like a 5 min drive away for me. I've been there a few times, but not much lately.

Sounds awesome! I also have relatives visiting the island during the holidays.