US NCAA Women's VB

• Coming from an American collegiate background (player-coach-official) -- plus, coming over from Volleytalk (where US university WVB is predominant) -- I decided to start a thread about the upcoming NCAA season. I started some threads over on VT; will see if -- in a most Eurocentric/international forum (IVC) -- there is any interest here for the US collegiate game. Stanford, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Penn St, Texas, Illinois, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oregon, Washington are my top 10. Any other US NCAA-level fans here? I'm an SU follower; played @UC Davis, nr. Sacramento USA, then went to Stanford.

• The last 3 years I watched the final 4.

I like the atmosphere and the amount of substitutes that are allowed. I would like to follow this season from the beginning. Nebraska I liked the most over the years, but I'm curious if they can go the final 4 again, because they lost Foecke and Maloney. For me Stanford is the big favorite to win the NCAA title again, because they've kept almost their whole starting team from last year. Last year the quick game of Illinois also was nice to watch. Curious if they can keep it up, after Poulter left.

If you have any streams at the time, you are more than welcome to share them!

• I like Big-10, it reminds me of the Italian league, really balance and very competitive. Every year, there are so many surprises from this conference. I am so looking forward to the new season!!

Another major fun watching NCAA is to predict which player has the future NT potential. Like last year, I knew that Poulter would be an International rising star. And she proved herself during her half season at Chieri. As a USAV fan, it's always a great pleasure for me to watch these girls becoming better.

• I like Big-10, it reminds me of the Italian league, really balance and very competitive. Every year, there are so many surprises from this conference. I am so looking forward to the new season!!

Another major fun watching NCAA is to predict which player has the future NT potential. Like last year, I knew that Poulter would be an International rising star. And she proved herself during her half season at Chieri. As a USAV fan, it's always a great pleasure for me to watch these girls becoming better.

^THIS^. I was just thinking of adding something to the effect that the NCAA setup is the USA's "de facto" developmental system: its proving ground for future USWNT talents.

• The last 3 years I watched the final 4.

I like the atmosphere and the amount of substitutes that are allowed. I would like to follow this season from the beginning. Nebraska I liked the most over the years, but I'm curious if they can go the final 4 again, because they lost Foecke and Maloney. For me Stanford is the big favorite to win the NCAA title again, because they've kept almost their whole starting team from last year. Last year the quick game of Illinois also was nice to watch. Curious if they can keep it up, after Poulter left.

If you have any streams at the time, you are more than welcome to share them!

Few points from your post: 1) Yeah, the number of substitutions is somewhat hilarious; 2) I feel (contrary to most 'Husker fanatics) that the losses of Maloney and Foecke will affect NE more than some may want to believe; 3) Barring injuries, Stanford is a top team for consideration; 4) The loss of Poulter will hurt ILL.

I will endeavor to figure out how to post any links, here, come the end of August. Practices begin in about two weeks. I used to have Pac-12 Network: but alas, no more. Hope to have figured out how to get the match streams up and running too. If you enjoy fast, quick play, the Minnesota team runs a renowned one.

• For me, it's hard keep up during the season so I usually end up watching whatever replays I can find on youtube. Thankfully there are a few youtube channels that have been doing an amazing job in uploading quality matches.

I'm curious to see how Airi Miyabe will do in Minnesota. Any other incoming freshman or international players to keep an eye on?

Ridehard10 Being from Hawai'i, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the changes/transfers this year and the direction the team is going with for the future? I think it's obvious RAMS is trying to develop this program into something, but it's going to take some time. Though I will have to say the regular attire she wears for games bothers me, it's like she's dressed for practice, but that's just me being nit-picky. :lol:

• For me, it's hard keep up during the season so I usually end up watching whatever replays I can find on youtube. Thankfully there are a few youtube channels that have been doing an amazing job in uploading quality matches.

I'm curious to see how Airi Miyabe will do in Minnesota. Any other incoming freshman or international players to keep an eye on?

Ridehard10 Being from Hawai'i, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the changes/transfers this year and the direction the team is going with for the future? I think it's obvious RAMS is trying to develop this program into something, but it's going to take some time. Though I will have to say the regular attire she wears for games bothers me, it's like she's dressed for practice, but that's just me being nit-picky. :lol:

I will go backwards re: my responses to these UH questions (University of Hawai'i...for the non-US/ NCAA types here). Concerning Robyn's match attire? Meh! I am not very much of a fan of hers; I will say that she seems rather masculine-ish in her persona, Hence, the "jock look" she employs (sweats 'n' sneakers) seems to fit her image. The new transfers, recruits, etc.? Think there will be lotsa growing pains early; feel she is on the right track though. Watch out in 2020!

• If you enjoy fast, quick play, the Minnesota team runs a renowned one.

Yes I also liked their style of play great to watch! I was curious if they found a good substitute for Seliger Swenson?

• For German Fans are the Pac 12 next Season intressting. Emila Waske played for USC and Pia Timmer for Washington State.

Aisha Skinner played for Iowa and Merle Werdt for Rutgers in the Big 10

I like the Big 10. There are many good Teams.

• Ridehard10, do you know any good incoming freshmen this year? I heard that Stanford has a great recruiting class.

Yeah, I will stick with Stanford; I'll add other colleges sometime later. OH: Kendall Kipp (top-rated) 6'5"; Caitie Baird, 6'3" (high ranking, too); Natalie Berty, 6'3". MB: McKenna Vicini, 6'2"; Madeleine Gates (Graduate transfer--2nd Team AA), 6'3". Setter: Selina Xu, 6'0". Kipp was the #2 overall recruit; Baird #3; Xu #5 for 2019 by VolleyballMag (Volleyball Magazine). Vicini was Top-10 by PrepVB.com. Berty was 2018 VolleyMag Player of the Year. Gates is a two time All-American.

How's that for impressive? The PrepVB.com Senior Aces rankings were higher for the incoming class than the VolleyBallMag's rating. BOTH had the class at #1

• Now, I said I would bring up incoming recruits from other institutions; the consensus #1 recruit for 2019 is Skylar Fields, OPP, Univ. of Texas at Austin. She is a 6'2" RS from the Houston Juniors club. Another top-20 recruit for the 'horns is Molly Phillips, 6'5" MB: from the Texas Image club. These are UT-A's only two incoming freshmen; both were US Junior National Team members in 2018, & both were on the 2019 USA Junior National Training Team. Most Impressive duo.