US NCAA Women's VB

• This was humorous to me when I read it; being that here in Hawaii, said match began @ 9AM (not "tonight")! Have a friend in St. Gallen SWIZ: guess it is same 12-hour time difference where you are in GER. Have to remember that, during Daylight Savings Time, he's the opposite of the same number (AM-PM; PM-AM)

Next i wrote Today ;)

• New AVCA Pool

1 Stanford (64)
    2 Nebraska
    3 Texas
    4 Penn State
    5 Baylor
    6 Pittsburgh
    7 Marquette
    8 Minnesota
    9 Wisconsin
    10 Oregon
    11 Florida
    12 Washington
    13 BYU
    14 Illinois
    15 Kentucky
    16 Utah
    17 Creighton
    18 Hawai'i
    19 Colorado
    20 Southern California
    21 Missouri
    22 Louisville
    23 Purdue
    24 Michigan
    25 Florida State
  • PREDICTION TIME (FOR A FEW TOP-10 MATCHES):

OK: I do not gamble (anymore) and yet, I am going 'wager' on ten top-matches comin' up this week. "@" means at other teams' home; "vs" means neutral site:

9/11; #6 PITT vs. #10 ORE: ORE in five.

9/12; #5 BAY hosts NR Houston: Baylor sweeps.

9/13; #1 STAN @ #4 PSU: toss-up (yeah, I know; 'too close to call').

9/13; #2 NEB hosts High Point: huskers sweep.

9/13; #2 NEB hosts Denver (noon/ evening doubleheader): NEB 3-1 (Pioneers are pretty decent; NEB low energy).

9/13: #3 TX. vs #13 BYU (at WICH ST.): 'Horns 3-1.

9/13; #8 MINN vs. #10 ORE (at PSU): Golden gophers 3-1

9/14; #1 Stanford vs #8 MINN (at PSU): Cardinal 3-1.

9/14; #3 TX @ Wichita St; TX. 3-0

9/14; #10 ORE @ #4 PSU: Nittany lions 3-1.

'Hokay: anybody else have any comments about: 1) the season so far; 2) misguided, erroneous rankings; 3) rest of this pre-conference season; 4) or my picks?

• It is one of the more ridiculous things that many of these gyms in the Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania area do not have air conditioning, just fans. Attended a couple of Kentucky matches in 14 & 15 and the arena is just unbearable in 90 degree (30+ Celsius) heat in a building made in the 1950s, with 4 big fans to cool everyone off.

• Just starting to follow NCAA volleyball recently as I stumbled upon Tom Logan's 2001 videos on YouTube. Can you guys fill me in? I saw some matches and I think that Plummer (sorry if I spelled it wrong) from Stanford is one of the best OHs they have in the league. I like Stanford's fast ball. Texas is also a good team.

I miss the era of Lily Kahumoku, Kim Willoughby, Kanoe Kamanoe's days in Hawaii. What are they up to today?

• TOP-TEN MATCHES - FRIDAY, 9/13:

#1 Stanford defeated PENN ST 3-1 (-27, +23, +23, +21) -- was following said match on a few different mediums; PSU will definitely be a factor in the B1G race!

#2 NE beat High Point 3-0; got by Denver 3-0

#3 TX. beat BYU 3-1

#4 PSU lost to Stanford 1-3

#5 Baylor IDLE

#6 PITT got by C Poly 3-1

#7 MARQ. beat UCF 3-2

#8 MINN swept ORE 3-0

#9 WIS got by South Carolina 3-0

#10 ORE were swept by MINN. 0-3

• Just starting to follow NCAA volleyball recently as I stumbled upon Tom Logan's 2001 videos on YouTube. Can you guys fill me in? I saw some matches and I think that Plummer (sorry if I spelled it wrong) from Stanford is one of the best OHs they have in the league. I like Stanford's fast ball. Texas is also a good team.

I miss the era of Lily Kahumoku, Kim Willoughby, Kanoe Kamanoe's days in Hawaii. What are they up to today?

Howdy -- plus, Aloha -- I reside in Hawai'i, but I have only peripherally followed (not a fan of) the UH Wahine for the ten years that I have been a resident here. I started this thread once I joined IVC; I was a registered member of VolleyTalk before then: I became disenchanted with the trolling, along with some other crap, going on over there. If you desire a Manoa re-connection, I'd suggest you head over there: there are literally 10's of Hawai'i fanatics there. Afa Kathryn Plummer..I am a Stanford fan (and grad-alum)...I also have been a player/coach (DIII-DII). KP is the two-time reigning AVCA Player of the Year. Yep, she's good.

• #1 Stanford defeated PENN ST 3-1 (-27, +23, +23, +21) -- was following said match on a few different mediums; PSU will definitely be a factor in the B1G race!

PSU vs Stanford was a very nice Match. I will be agreed with you that Penn State play a good role in the B10 this Season. They have a very good Team.

For me as German it's nice to see that Pia Timmer (Washington State) and Emilia Weske (USC) play a good role in her Team.

• Howdy -- plus, Aloha -- I reside in Hawai'i, but I have only peripherally followed (not a fan of) the UH Wahine for the ten years that I have been a resident here. I started this thread once I joined IVC; I was a registered member of VolleyTalk before then: I became disenchanted with the trolling, along with some other crap, going on over there. If you desire a Manoa re-connection, I'd suggest you head over there: there are literally 10's of Hawai'i fanatics there. Afa Kathryn Plummer..I am a Stanford fan (and grad-alum)...I also have been a player/coach (DIII-DII). KP is the two-time reigning AVCA Player of the Year. Yep, she's good.

She has been playing fast balls for all the matches I have seen. When will she gets her call up to NT? She receives good for someone as tall as her. Mind to spill me some stats?

• She has been playing fast balls for all the matches I have seen. When will she gets her call up to NT? She receives good for someone as tall as her. Mind to spill me some stats?

Sure -- I will after the match today versus MINN (it is just after 7A here in Hawai'i; need more coffee)! One thing: she was trained as a setter: good with hands!

• Minnesota beat No.1 Stanford in 4. :dance4:

First loss for Stanford after 38 Wins in a Row.

PSU beat Orgeon in the other B10/Pac12 Game.

Illi loss unranked UCF and then they beat #7 Marquette in 5.

• People get into way too many overreactions, with these pre-regular season matches. The first two were deuce-sets (extra points - 25-27, 25-27); the third was by 2 points (25-23). Stanford had a hard four-setter v. PSU after MINN defeated OR (Gophers had more rest/ easier match). Wouldn't mind an NCAA rematch! I mean really: it's now just before the middle of September. NCAA Finals are in mid-December. Stanford has an 18-match Pac12 schedule. MINN has the B1G.

• People get into way too many overreactions, with these pre-regular season matches. The first two were deuce-sets (extra points - 25-27, 25-27); the third was by 2 points (25-23). Stanford had a hard four-setter v. PSU after MINN defeated OR (Gophers had more rest/ easier match). Wouldn't mind an NCAA rematch! I mean really: it's now just before the middle of September. NCAA Finals are in mid-December. Stanford has an 18-match Pac12 schedule. MINN has the B1G.

Think it's not really a Problem for Stanford loss this match but it's nice for the Gophers that they win. You're right that is said nothing for December.

• TOP-10 RESULTS -- 9/11-9/13

#1 Stanford defeated PSU 3-1; beaten by MINN 1-3

#2 NEB beat High Point 3-0; swept Denver 3-0; defeated LMU 3-1

#3 TX. defeated BYU 3--1; swept WICH ST 3-0

#4 PENN ST. defeated by Stanford 1-3; beat ORE 3-0

#5 BAY defeated Houston 3-1; beat TENN 3-0

#6 PITT beat ORE. 3-1; defeated C PLY 3-1; got by Utah 3-1; squeaked past PEPP 3-2

#7 MARQ squeaked by UCF 3-2; defeated by ILL 2-3

#8 MINN beat ORE 3-0; defeated STAN 3-1

#9 WIS beat S CAR 3-0; swept Clemson 3-0

#10 ORE defeated by PITT 1-3; beaten by MINN 0-3; swept by PSU 0-3

My predicted new Top ten: #1 NE.; #2 TX.; #3 Stanford; #4 Baylor; #5 PITT; #6 MINN; #7 PENN ST; #8 WIS.; #9 Marquette; #10 WASH (Oregon drops to ~20)

• Mind to spill me some stats?

Kathryn's statistics to date (Six matches, 22 sets):

127 points (approx. 21 per match)

Points @ set: 5.77

Kills: 121

K @ set: 5.50

Only 36 AE (hitting errors); 6 per match

Total hitting attempts: 243 (about 40 @match)

Hitting %: .350

Assists: 9

Service aces: 2; SEs: 9 (only 1.5 per match)

Digs: 41 (1.95 @set)

One receiving error (out of 127 attempts); receive %: .992

Eight Blocks; 2 blocking errors

That enough "spilled tea" for ya? :|8)