US NCAA Women's VB

• One receiving error> OMG. for someone that tall, her receiving is very good. having 20 kills per match in average is crazy. when will she gets her NT call?

• She actually did participate in the Pan America Cup (I think it was) with the B/C team. She was in the NT gym for a short while (mid-Summer). Kinda 'bombed'!

She was either very out of shape or very shy (struggling with her nerves or to get into the team system in that tournament). She didn't Shine at all. And It was a real pity. I want her so bad in NT.

• KP will finish her studies this December and she plans to go pro right away, I hope she gets transferred in team where she can be a starting 6 right away. Many standout US college players bomb in the pro-league.

Would like to see KP in Germany. :win: Think our League is not the badest Way to start a Pro Career.

• Would like to see KP in Germany. :win: Think our League is not the badest Way to start a Pro Career.

I actually think Germany is a good starting point for her. She doesn't have to be in a top league right away, but gaining the experience, adjusting to pro volleyball is more important. If she does well, she can go to better clubs the next full season for sure.

• I actually think Germany is a good starting point for her. She doesn't have to be in a top league right away, but gaining the experience, adjusting to pro volleyball is more important. If she does well, she can go to better clubs the next full season for sure.

OK -- I am going to interject some insights derived from Kathryn herself. As an SU aficionado (plus grad-alum), I have a source near to the Athletic Dept there. She had an operation on her meniscus after her Sophomore VB campaign. Just recently, she seemed to be limping on that leg (after the Penn St. match). She is focusing upon finishing this current NCAA season; then graduating early (in December). To paraphrase an answer to a question at the past Sullivan Awards ceremony, KP said that:

1) After graduating, she is fully focused on 2020/Tokyo;

2) After those Summer Games, she will most likely transition to a professional sand career; this has been no secret: she's been a multiple champion, thereof.

That's it!

• Two more things: 1). Many are aware that she needs to focus upon her health; she's a workhorse (which she's used to being), but she is a young human being

2) Plummdawgg (her handle) is a generational talent; was trained, originally, as an OPP/setter. She became an OH solely because of Hayley Hodson's medical retirement. She's won numerous beach-VB tournaments; the nature of that version of this sport is much easier on the body than the indoor one (my history).

• AVCA Poll 16.09.

1 Nebraska (37) 1550
    2 Stanford (23) 1538
    3 Texas (2) 1488
    4 Penn State 1370
    5 Baylor 1321
    6 Pittsburgh (1) 1261
    7 Minnesota (1) 1228
    8 Marquette 1062
    9 Wisconsin 1049
    10 Washington 1011
    11 Florida 912
    12 BYU 859
    13 Hawai'i 796
    14 Oregon 673
    15 Creighton 645
    16 Kentucky 542
    17 Missouri 528
    18 Utah 520
    19 Illinois 406
    20 Southern California 397
    21 Purdue 354
    22 Colorado State 344
    23 Florida State 190
    24 California 163
    25 Louisville 153

New: California and Colorado State Out: Colorado and Michigan

• After beating Penn St in a most emotional match, then losing to Minn under 24 hrs. after that - in a very tight match - Stanford defeated NE. 3-1 (+21, -22, +17, +16). So much for the most recent AVCA; rating the cornhuskers #1 and Cardinal #2. Flip that: plus, make Baylor (quite temporarily, perhaps) the new #2. Fun!

• Through in Texas loss in five to Rice last night as well.

Was just viewing some of the "overreaction-city" goin' on over on VT: both TX & NEB fanatics attempting to "spin" their losses (w/futility); MINN followers over- hyping their (4-2) team's victory over a more-physically/emotionally-drained Stanford squad (at the end of a very long road trip). Tonite: WIS vs. WASH.; MINN v. Clemson; BYU @ Utah; OR. vs St. Johns; Creighton v WICH ST. That's the sum of Top-16 (meaning potential future seeding) teams this Thursday night. Enjoy!

• More Top-25 THURSDAY RESULTS 9/19:

#7 MINN defeated Oral Roberts 3-0

#9 WIS defeated by #10 WASH 1-3

#12 BYU beat #18 Utah (@Utah) 3-1

#14 ORE (not much longer) was defeated by St John's 1-3 (were beaten by Duke on Friday, 9/20, 2-3)

#15 Creighton swept WICH ST.

#20 Usc lost to SanD 2-3

#22 CSU swept C Poly

#24 California beat St. Marys 3-0

SO - lotsa upsets; many more are occurring today (9/20) which I will recap sometime tomorrow - PS: concerning Kathryn Plummer, let's keep the convo going..

• I've watched the match between Nebraska - Stanford. I really don't like Hames! She has little connection with the players, especially with Stivrins who normally is a beast at the net and now can't kill a ball.

Her sets are too far way of the net and she is too impatient, she plays the second ball to quickly. Nebraska misses some stability in receive and a go-to player. They don't have a someone who kills the ball in difficult situations. Maybe they can try Sweet also in the back row? Next to that I really don't understand why Miller isn't the libero! She is much more stable in every elements than their new libero, especially in setting and receive.

I like the new player for Stanford: Kipp. Gray is good, but I would like it if she uses Fitzmorris some more. I like her, she is very diverse in her attack! Hentz is as good as she used to be, she is everywhere on court. I don't like that Campbell doesn't do the slide attack anymore, she killed that last season!

• I've watched the match between Nebraska - Stanford. I really don't like Hames! She has little connection with the players, especially with Stivrins who normally is a beast at the net and now can't kill a ball.

Her sets are too far way of the net and she is too impatient, she plays the second ball to quickly. Nebraska misses some stability in receive and a go-to player. They don't have a someone who kills the ball in difficult situations. Maybe they can try Sweet also in the back row? Next to that I really don't understand why Miller isn't the libero! She is much more stable in every elements than their new libero, especially in setting and receive.

I like the new player for Stanford: Kipp. Gray is good, but I would like it if she uses Fitzmorris some more. I like her, she is very diverse in her attack! Hentz is as good as she used to be, she is everywhere on court. I don't like that Campbell doesn't do the slide attack anymore, she killed that last season!

What happened to Plummer? It might be me but she seems kinda off tempo a bit lately. She doesn't seem to jump that high anymore. Is she okay? It is way too early to be exhausted.

• I like the new player for Stanford: Kipp. Gray is good, but I would like it if she uses Fitzmorris some more. I like her, she is very diverse in her attack! Hentz is as good as she used to be, she is everywhere on court. I don't like that Campbell doesn't do the slide attack anymore, she killed that last season!

Remember: they are incorporating 2 new position players (Kipp > McClure, in some rotations; Gates replacing Alade's 3-ro output). It is still early! Pac12 next.