US NCAA Women's VB

• Sounds like something serious.

Hard to say; she has been such the workhorse, since her Sophomore season (H. Hodson was OH, along w/ Vanjak, her Frosh campaign, until Hodson retired)! She was there in Eugene tonight, cheering on her teammates, so who knows? From All reports, seems as if the team had a renewed spirit without her: temporarily, it is hoped. One thing which this match showed was Stanford's depth; Freshman Kendall Kipp & Fitz had 16 Ks each; M. McClure with 13; Gates 8.

• STANFORD defeated OR 3-1; Kathryn Plummer didn't participate at all in the match; I will check sources to see what happened there. Others came through.

UPDATE: evidently, she is out for the weekend, meaning SU will be without KP for the road match in Corvallis vs OSU. She had been having a massive amount of taping around her upper legs, butt, and core area. The team changed it up a lot: Fitzmorris played 6-ro; Kipp was OH1; McClure OH2; C. Keefe DS>Formico.

Geeze, I hope she is okay. Take more rest, health always comes first.

• OK - more on Plummer -- a guy who is with the team in Oregon; he is a known SU follower...not officially connected; stated that the "buzz" is KP will be out for a number of weeks (plural): to be evaluated after that. Sooo….THAT means: 1). it is not worst-case scenario (out for the season); 2). She may be okay (plus, well-rested) for the end of this regular season/ start of the Tournament; 3). As what occurred yesterday, others (esp. OH1 Kendall Kipp) will have to suck it up!

• After tomorrow's (Sunday) matches, I will provide a summary of the past few days. One note: Stanford beat ORE ST 3-0; the other OH's did okay (better in that match against OR Friday nite),but this is a team which lost their 2x reigning POY just before this weekend's matches: & won on the road 3-1; 3-0. Courageous!

• Tons of upsets; so many, in fact, that I will do a quick Top 25 report, going from some major shockers at the top, to a few bottom-25 teams likely to drop out:

#1 BAY won twice (both 3-0); #2 NE swept Rutgers, was swept by #13 WIS; #3 Stanford (after losing Kathryn Plummer indefinitely) beat #25 ORE., swept ORE.

ST.; #4 PITT won two, incl. 3-1 over #23 FL ST; #5 PENN ST - after losing Wednesday to WIS 1-3 - won over Iowa; #6 TX. swept TCU; #7 MINN won twice @3-1;

#8 WASH. was shocked by Usc 1-3, won 3-1; @9 BYU beat three nobodies; #10 MARQ beat Xavier 3-1; #11 HAWAII was stunned by UCI 2-3,barely survived

(reverse swept) CSUF; #12 FL. was defeated by #15 KEN. 2-3; #13 WISC won twice (previously mentioned, over #2 and #5); #14 Creighton won twice, 3-0; #15

KEN. swept S. Car.; beat #12; #16 COLO. ST won twice; #17 Purdue won 3-0, were defeated by#18 ILL 1-3; #18 ILL swept IND, beat #17; #19 CALIF swept the

OR schools; #20 UT beat Arizonas; #21 RICE swept; #22 MIZZ won twice; #23 FSU won/lost to #4; #24 WSU lost-won; #25 OR. lost to the Bay Area schools.

That's it: lotsa action. AVCA poll should have: NEB. moving down a couple; PSU down a few; WASH. diving; Hawai'i free-falling; FL. going down a lot, ORE is out.

• 1 Baylor (60) 1595 1
    2 Stanford (3) 1491 3
    3 Pittsburgh (1) 1460 4
    4 Texas 1359 6
    5 Nebraska 1314 2
    6 Minnesota 1274 7
    7 Wisconsin 1187 13
    8 Penn State 1153 5
    9 BYU 1117 9
    10 Marquette 1037 10
    11 Washington 956 8
    12 Kentucky 830 15
    13 Creighton 814 14
    14 Florida 713 12
    15 Colorado State 679 16
    16 California 615 19
    17 Illinois 574 18
    18 Utah 446 20
    19 Hawai'i 427 11
    20 Purdue 393 17
    21 Rice 360 21
    22 Missouri 289 22
    23 Florida State 202 23
    24 Washington State 114 24
    25 Louisville 79 NR

Oregon out

• That's it: lotsa action. AVCA poll should have: NEB. moving down a couple; PSU down a few; WASH. diving; Hawai'i free-falling; FL. going down a lot, ORE is out.

Well, Nebraska moved down three (one more than "a couple"); PENN. ST. was down three (exactly a few); WASH didn't dive (3 spots down: Pablo has them much lower); Hawaii free-falled" (from #11 to 19 ('deserved')); Florida went down two rankings: again, RPI have them lower; ORE dropped right out of sight!

NOW, the first RPI listings came out today, also. This is what the NCAA selection committee uses for its seedings & brackets come Selection Sunday. Here it is:

Baylor

TX.

Stanford

WASH.

PITT

WIS

NEB.

KY

Rice(!)

MIZZ.

MINN

Marquette

COLO St

Hawaii

Ucla

BYU

So that's it for the potential Top-16 (teams to be seeded/home court for the 1st and 2nd rounds). PSU is #19; Florida #21. Should get interesting come Nov.

• I was a bit surprised with how well Hawaii started the season, but now they're showing their true colors (pun intended since they're called the Rainbow Wahine). The team relied heavily on their transfers Rasmussen and BVS, but with both out with injuries there is no one to carry the team. Now they expect their freshman to do wonders which is unrealistic with their little experience. It's a shame that their two outside hitter seniors Ross and Sibley can't do anything.

• I was a bit surprised with how well Hawaii started the season, but now they're showing their true colors (pun intended since they're called the Rainbow Wahine). The team relied heavily on their transfers Rasmussen and BVS, but with both out with injuries there is no one to carry the team. Now they expect their freshman to do wonders which is unrealistic with their little experience. It's a shame that their two outside hitter seniors Ross and Sibley can't do anything.

long gone the days of Kim Willoughby, Lily Kahumoku, Kanoe Kamanao.

• Nebraska have only in the first Set Problems with Michigan. Win 3-0

Now Minnesota @ Wisconsin . :love:

Any stream?:)