US NCAA Women's VB

• bumpsetspike lives in Hawai'i -- I reside here too -- the Na Wahine phenomenon is quite prevalent 'round here. Wait until 2020: Robyn's recruiting will rock!

They're definitely heading in the right direction. I have a few friends who are die hard fans and they said that a European recruit is coming. Care to share some names of incoming freshman who are joining next year?

• They're definitely heading in the right direction. I have a few friends who are die hard fans and they said that a European recruit is coming. Care to share some names of incoming freshman who are joining next year?

The one which is confirmed, to my knowledge, is Kate Lang, Setter. An incoming Libero - Georgia Via - I think is in 2020. Then....That ever-mysterious Euro OH.

** Edit ** OK, in 2020: Katherine (Kate) Lang; 5'10" Setter; Keller, TX.; Georgia Via; 5'8" L; Frisco, TX. (walk-on). And in 2021: Mia Johnson; 6' OH; League, TX.8)

• No big surprise in the AVCA Poll this week

Wisconsin after the win yesterday on 6 . Gophers on 7 and Marquette on 13 after loss Creighton.

RPIEG2xA6oWoAE73qF.jpg

• They're definitely heading in the right direction. I have a few friends who are die hard fans and they said that a European recruit is coming. Care to share some names of incoming freshman who are joining next year?

bumpsetspike -- Also, there are two remaining available scholarships for 2020. There is a "buzz" (rumored-undercurrent/gossip) that one of Hanna Hellvig's Swedish NT teammates might be in the works. Unfortunately, as with most UH 'rumblings', that may just be some fanatical-homer wishful thinking! We'll see.

• Just watched the match between Wisconsin vs Illinois. Illinois definitely missing Poulter! They are only effective if they are able to play a fast game, as they did in the second and third set. Their receiving isn't as good as last year, which is weird because they play with the same receiving line-up. Especially #3 Cooper has trouble with serve receive. Next to that Quade isn't as effective as last year?(If they can improve their reception, they can be a threat to every team!

Wisconsin most of the time seems like a well oiled machine! They have good players in every position. IMHO they have the best middle blockers duo in the NCAA tournament. Could they be able to reach the final four of the NCAA tournament?

• Just watched the match between Wisconsin vs Illinois. Illinois definitely missing Poulter! They are only effective if they are able to play a fast game, as they did in the second and third set. Their receiving isn't as good as last year, which is weird because they play with the same receiving line-up. Especially #3 Cooper has trouble with serve receive. Next to that Quade isn't as effective as last year?(If they can improve their reception, they can be a threat to every team!

Wisconsin most of the time seems like a well oiled machine! They have good players in every position. IMHO they have the best middle blockers duo in the NCAA tournament. Could they be able to reach the final four of the NCAA tournament?

I know that a lot of Wisconsin fans have stated that passing has been their main issue this season, particularly early in OOC matches. Illinois Is Also missing Ali Bastianelli from the 2018 squad, besides Jordyn Poulter. Big difference! Anyway, no upsets of any note on Saturday, October 19. All higher ranked teams won

• Just finished the match between Minnesota and Illinois. I like that Minnesota plays 6-2 now! Both setters are unstable and Mcmenimen is a big weakness at the net. Miyabe is a great contribution at the net. She can hit some good angles and seems tall for a Japanese! Still Samedy is better, who's attack is very strong! Both middle blockers, Morgan and Pittman, are great attackers. In block they are some times a bit slow. Hart should step up her game, both in attack and defense. With her on court the reception is really weak. Normally she can make up for it with her attack, but that isn't the case lately. Mcgraw had a great night, picking a lot balls of the ground.

Rollins maybe is my favorite player in NCAA:rose:She is a all-round outside hitter and I like her attitude so much, she is so calm! Hope she will be a great volleyball player in the future.

• Just finished the match between Minnesota and Illinois. I like that Minnesota plays 6-2 now! Both setters are unstable and Mcmenimen is a big weakness at the net. Miyabe is a great contribution at the net. She can hit some good angles and seems tall for a Japanese! Still Samedy is better, who's attack is very strong! Both middle blockers, Morgan and Pittman, are great attackers. In block they are some times a bit slow. Hart should step up her game, both in attack and defense. With her on court the reception is really weak. Normally she can make up for it with her attack, but that isn't the case lately. Mcgraw had a great night, picking a lot balls of the ground.

Rollins maybe is my favorite player in NCAA:rose:She is a all-round outside hitter and I like her attitude so much, she is so calm! Hope she will be a great volleyball player in the future.

I read a blog-of-sorts, wherein MINN fanatics often vent (or even rage) about their team. Hart seems to get some of their ire. Miyabe has just recently become a constant part of their rotational lineup. The thing with the Gophers - as w/ the USWNT - is that both coaches run a quick, speeded-up offense. They miss SSS