2020 Men's Intercontinental Olympics Qualification Tournament

• As expected, Russia cruised past Mexico. Sammelvuo tried all his players today from Setter, opp, MB, OH, libero the only player who did not enter the court was Kliuka :what:

• That was definitely a call against Belgium.Bad decision by the referees :down:

• I thought Venezuela might be able to handle Chile but haven't watched them in a while.

Chile finished 4th in the last Pan American Games. They lost a hard fought semifinal against Argentina B team (eventhough there were some players that could be in A team, like Jan Martinez...it is just shameful Mendez's son is in China instead of Jan...).

First 3 sets were really tight and Chile lost many set points in the third set. Just 4 sets, but more than 2 hours.

Chile also beat USA B/C team. They have been holding a whole process in the last 10 years. Just 4 years ago they lost the ticket to Rio against Mexico in the ridiculous IOQT.

Venezuela is just a big ?. They beat Argentina in the last Southamerican Championship (2 years ago). But who knows how they are doing now.

• Okolic's float is always troubling. Can he close this game tonight?

::::Nope::::

:white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• That was a terrible bump from Perry.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• does anyone have world rankings for these teams? just wondering how high are teams like PUR, MEX, TUN, CMR, that they should all be here... wouldn't POR, TUR, CZE, EST etc. be higher up?

• does anyone have world rankings for these teams? just wondering how high are teams like PUR, MEX, TUN, CMR, that they should all be here... wouldn't POR, TUR, CZE, EST etc. be higher up?

World Championship ranking points should be massive for those teams you mentioned.

Germany lost a lot of points when they failed to qualify for the recent olympics and the world championship. It Makes only sense for the lower mid tier teams of Europe when Germany is not even part for OQT.

#FreeBritney

• Maybe I used too harsh words but I heard this plan 2 months ago, to focus on VNL and Asian OG qualies rather than on St. Peters pool from person close to a team.

Asian OGQ will be in January 2020, how they can focus on that from now !

but the problem is I don't think they had such plans from the start of this summer. they go tournament by tournament. for example when Vital Heynen was in Iran for VNL he made it clear in one of his press conferences that OGQ is #1 for him. then Euro, then World Cup and finally VNL.and I'm sure all other teams made their priorities before the summer NT season.

but for Iran, they still don't know what's their plan for the Asian Championship in Tehran. they want to finish this tournament in Russia and they can sit and think about " OK what's next"

even if they don't care about the continental title, they can't simply ignore it because only top 8 from that will qualify for the Asian OGQ, you may say Iran will finish in top 9 (top 8 + Japan) with any team but they can't take that risk. Iran is in the same group with Qatar and Australia.

• Zhang Zhe-jia's serve: 9-14 to 17-14

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• China 1-0 Canada [26-24]

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• China 2-2 Canada

Canada and Finland both lost tickets to Olympics from IOQT.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu