2020 Men's Intercontinental Olympics Qualification Tournament

• Watched the replay of FRA vs POL. The French reception has been terrible the entire match. I’ve found that the French team seems very slow in this game. N’gapeth’s magic is gone. He’s now just an ordinary player.

Where is Clévenot? Is he injured?

• does anyone have world rankings for these teams? just wondering how high are teams like PUR, MEX, TUN, CMR, that they should all be here... wouldn't POR, TUR, CZE, EST etc. be higher up?

The teams qualified for this IOQT were all ranked the top 25 (except Japan, the host of OG next year). The world rankings were determined after WCH last year.

• yes, i get that but the rankings are so messed up. i mean, GER has got to be higher than even FIN, right? and fivb putting the hand in the scale to get so many norceca teams in the WCh. even africa, do they deserve 3 spots in the WCh? 2 is enough (which is what they allocate for the women).

• yes, i get that but the rankings are so messed up. i mean, GER has got to be higher than even FIN, right? and fivb putting the hand in the scale to get so many norceca teams in the WCh. even africa, do they deserve 3 spots in the WCh? 2 is enough (which is what they allocate for the women).

Finland participated in WCH last year and went to the second round, while Germany was simply not qualified.

• for the last round:

Group A: the winner of Brazil and Bulgaria will get the ticket

Group B: the winner of USA and Netherlands will get the ticket

Group C: the winner of Serbia and Italy will get the ticket

Group D: If Poland won one set against Slovenia, it will get the ticket. If France 3-0 Tunisia and Slovenia 3-0 Poland, we have to see the point ratio.

Group E: the winner of Russia and Iran will get the ticket

Group F: If Argentina won two sets against China, it will get the ticket. China must win Argentina by 3-0 or 3-1 and will get the ticket.

In Asia, Iran and China still have the chance.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Chinese men's NT won't give the ticket to Argentina easily.

China 1-0 Argentina [25-19]

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• Argentina got the the third set, so 2-1 up. So they got the ticket to Tokyo.

Which also means there will be 3 southamerican teams in the Olympics :white:

EDIT: I forgot there is still the BUL x BRA match. So lets wait.

• for the last round:

Group D: If Poland won one set against Slovenia, it will get the ticket. If France 3-0 Tunisia and Slovenia 3-0 Poland, we have to see the point ratio.

In Asia, Iran and China still have the chance.

Slovenia need to win by 17 points in the sweep. That will give them the points ratio. If 75-58, Slovenia 1.1066 to Poland 1.1064 on sets ratio.

• Conte and Pereyra, are you kidding me?

Facundo, do you forget you stayed in Shanghai VC for two seasons?

The assistant coach of Russian female NT gave the gesture.

Therefore, no one agrees with him.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

EDIT: plus one - Crer

• It doesn't matter if they know or not about the other cases. It's rude and offensive anyway.

• It is rude and offensive gestures indeed, but there are lots of people probably don't know that asian people are so obsessed with eye shape and take it as offensive:/

Well, they might not know. It's still offensive.

Maybe they'll learn from that.

• I feel Russia should start with Kobzar as they run a considerably faster game with him as compared to Butko. I think this match can go either way..

• I feel Russia should start with Kobzar as they run a considerably faster game with him as compared to Butko. I think this match can go either way..

They need to think from the perspective of making break points rather than the speed. Nominally, two OHs (Kluka, Voronkov) can work vs organised block and the MBs are much taller than their counterparts. The key q is how to move Marouf off the net and make 🇮🇷 spike vs organised block. I would go with a better serving line-up therefore. That is, if the duo Butko-Mikhaylov serves better, at the morning training, they should probably start.