2020 Men's Intercontinental Olympics Qualification Tournament

• Shoji's just so bad defensively in the game against the dutchies. Thank god the block worked for USA.

There's also some crucial serving from Russell, anderson and Smith that saved the match for them.

Anderson is still too systemic as an opposite. Nimir was outplaying him in the third set. Almost unstoppable and his serve was on point.

I said it before. Anderson takes way too time to adjust as an opposite which could be a problem when the reception is not going well but he did become more reliable during the fourth set.

What a great series for Russell. He had to be atleast 80% these whole three days because neither Sander and Jaeschke were fit enough to play and I guess the US coach still doesn't completely trust Patch to move Anderson to pos 4. Muagututia was okay but Christenson struggled with his choices because he can't rely on him as consistently as he do with the american trio and the block of Netherlands was a little harder to penetrate than as expected. They're the giant killers of World championship last year so I expected USA to have a hard time but the third set should've been closed easily then Nimir happened.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• In my opinion, Russia just needs a decent passing level to defeat Iran.

The setter doesn't matter for me.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Oh god. Muserskiy block vs Shafiei is not a good sight.

#FreeBritney

• Judging with how South Korea, China and Australia played. Asian Qualification is not going to be a cakewalk for Iran it seems.

#FreeBritney

• What a blazing start for Bulgaria. This almost feels like a dream.

I won't mind it really. Brazil can easily win the southern american qualification with Minas club and we have another european team instead of Chile.

#FreeBritney

• What a blazing start for Bulgaria. This almost feels like a dream.

I won't mind it really. Brazil can easily win the southern american qualification with Minas club.

I think the same. Brazil is one of my fav teams (eventhough it has been harder and harder to support them because of the coach and some players), but for them would be just a training to get the ticket for Tokyo in the southamerican qualifier. Even more now, because Argentina is already qualified.

• I know Musersky is just getting used to playing MB again but I feel like at this point Iakovlev has already surpassed him. But since he plays Fulltime Opposite in his club, being able to play two positions really well makes him really valuable to Russia

• I don't understand the language, can someone tell me what is being said in this interview and why Stephen Boyer put it on his Instagram story?

• It seems Brazil loves to Chile right now. :lol:

Lmao at Bulgaria for almost trying to throw the game away. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• I don't understand the language, can someone tell me what is being said in this interview and why Stephen Boyer put it on his Instagram story?

He basically said something that has been discussed 10000 times here: how unfair is the qualification system for the european teams.

He said that in Tokyo there will be teams that would not even be in the top 8 of an European Championship.

Not only talking about Serbia, but also about Italy, France or Poland (well, now they qualified).

• Oh no Poor Todor. =O

#FreeBritney