2020 Men's Intercontinental Olympics Qualification Tournament

• Congrats Italy. That was the cleanest game I've ever seen from them since 2016. They deserve to qualify when you play with overwhelming quality.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'll enjoy every second of european salt in this forum when Chile qualifies :D

Chile has a GOLDEN chance for their first ever olympic qualification. Maybe Colombia or Venezuela (which are a huge ?) could challenge them.

I think that in the next Southamerican Championship we could see the real chances of the other teams.

• Atanasijevic choked again. Worse Serbia have setter problems. Jovovic with that kind of setting could injure his own players. Fortunately, everyone's fine.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Serbia need to fire the coach, he's literally so useless.:gone: I feel like Serbia is not gonna make it to OG again. They never play well in the important matches. In January, it's gonna be the same... But they'll probably win VNL 2020:S

Grbic have to fire himself and return from retirement so he can be Serbia's setter again.

#FreeBritney

• France and Serbia was disappointing. I expected more from them.

On the other hand Bulgaria was a big surprise. They had their chance and lost it, but they played really well in the first 3 sets.

• i know Chile or some other South America Nt are not close to european teams, but i will be glad to see Chile there. It will na good for the development in south america.

• Bulgaria already played a great match overall. They missed the match point in set #3. I knew the momentum had been shifted since then. Serbia's serve and reception were off today, while Italy played great in every aspect. Looks like a repeating game of Italy vs Serbia in WCH 2018, but this time the role was reversed. Congrats to Italy. Now Serbia and France have to fight for another ticket in Euro area.

• If I had to bet on someone I would say Germany, as it's their speciality to shine in one single match once in a few years, especially when playing home. Though I refuse to believe Serbia will throw away the Olympic ticket twice in a row.

Does anyone know the formula for the European qualification group? Will it be the usual one with pools, semifinals and final?

• In my opinion Grbic must oversee Jovovic's choice of club before league season. His time in Turkey have degraded his abilities.

#FreeBritney

• I'm so surprised Italy won in that way against Serbia. Congrats to the boys, good they already took the spot for Tokyo:olympia:

Anyway they have to keep it up, they shouldn't play at their maximun when they want to. I hope this group finds its stability and manages to develop good game.

• Does anyone know the formula for the European qualification group? Will it be the usual one with pools, semifinals and final?

Same as always. CEV ranking after ECH will determine participants - 8 teams, 2 pool, semis and final.

After these qualification I can say that OG will have only 6 strong teams: Bra, Usa, Ita, Pol, Rus and European qualifier. Japan and Argentina will be strong opponents but with no chances for SF. I'm much more now against OGs diversity.

• Same as always. CEV ranking after ECH will determine participants - 8 teams, 2 pool, semis and final.

After these qualification I can say that OG will have only 6 strong teams: Bra, Usa, Ita, Pol, Rus and European qualifier. Japan and Argentina will be strong opponents but with no chances for SF. I'm much more now against OGs diversity.

I see we're still underestimating Argentina, huh? Okay.