2020 Men's Intercontinental Olympics Qualification Tournament

• Argentinians don't decide what is offensive or not TO ASIANS lmao Idc about their culture because it's here not about their culture. You are pro volleyball players and travel around the world, so many similar situations happened by now, educate yourself! How dumb do you have to be to still use this I cant anymore...

Geez, how hard it is for some people to not be racist is beyond me... And all of em have their excuses ready per direct.

• Argentinians don't decide what is offensive or not TO ASIANS lmao Idc about their culture because it's here not about their culture. You are pro volleyball players and travel around the world, so many similar situations happened by now, educate yourself! How dumb do you have to be to still use this I cant anymore...

Geez, how hard it is for some people to not be racist is beyond me... And all of em have their excuses ready per direct.

It's not an excuse, I'm not anyone's lawyer. I'm giving you an explanation of what may have gone through those 3 players' heads. I know what they did is wrong.

As was posted before by someone, you may be overstimating how informed some people are about racism, despite being well-travelled professional players. It's not really a matter of "common sense", if it was common sense then things like KKK or those popular european xenophobic political leaders wouldn't exist. Education plays a big part in preventing this.

• Is it sure ranking systems will be used and there will not be no draw?

FIVB has used serpentine system for every olympics I can remember.

Always as follows;

Host>A

Number 1 rank>B

Number 2 rank>B

Number 3 rank>A

Number 4 rank>A

Number 5 rank>B

Number 6 rank>B

Number 7 rank>A

Number 8 rank>A

Number 9 rank>B

Number 10 rank>B

Number 11 rank>A

• It's not an excuse, I'm not anyone's lawyer. I'm giving you an explanation of what may have gone through those 3 players' heads. I know what they did is wrong.

As was posted before by someone, you may be overstimating how informed some people are about racism, despite being well-travelled professional players. It's not really a matter of "common sense", if it was common sense then things like KKK or those popular european xenophobic political leaders wouldn't exist. Education plays a big part in preventing this.

Totally agree. When it comes to cultural perceptions, differences exist, by extent, ignorant behaviour is inevitable. It doesn't necessarily mean racism though. I personally don't consider myself an uncultured person and yet wouldn't think this is deemed as a racist gesture.

Some people seem to not accept that others may come from a different background. Dialogue is what should be pursued and not

constant public bashing.

• Totally agree. When it comes to cultural perceptions, differences exist, by extent, ignorant behaviour is inevitable. It doesn't necessarily mean racism though. I personally don't consider myself an uncultured person and yet wouldn't think this is deemed as a racist gesture.

Some people seem to not accept that others may come from a different background. Dialogue is what should be pursued and not

constant public bashing.

Did Conte respond?

• Did Conte respond?

Conte apologized in a temporary Instagram story:

"I wanna say SORRY to all Chinese volleyball fans that felt unrespected after last match celebration. The idea was that we became Japanese because we are going to Olympics in Tokyo. It had nothing to do with no respecting China or Japan! Now we know it wasn’t a good idea, and i regret making you feel that way!

I had 2 of the best seasons of my life In Shanghai, and I will never forget how good the team made me feel, I will always be thankful for the experience".

• only to the chinese fans???? boy, he has a long way to go before understanding anything... the stereotype of the dumb athlete really applies here.

He mentions he didn't intend to disrespect Japan as well.

Reading comprenhension...

• are chinese and japanese all asians?????

logic comprehension...

No, but kuwaitis, iranians and qataris are also asian and they don't have slanted eyes. Better to just adress the two countries that could feel the most offended by this IMO.

Or what do you want him to do, write a list of every country he might have offended with the slanted eye gesture? Lol that actually would have been even more racist in itself.

In my opinion, his message is ok. He more or less explains he did it due to ignorance but doesn't justify it, he admits it was wrong.

• your comprehension of this issue is as limited as conte's... not to mention that it was done before by the serbians, spanish, maradona, etc. before. so i guess it's still all a joke for people like you.

Ok, give your arguments.

It's not a joke to me, I'm taking this very seriously.

• i didn't think it was necessary to get into this, but one the reasons it is viewed as offensive is the sheer euro- (or white-) centrism of it. what european people are saying is, they are the normal/universal humans and all others, are marginal, not-normal, not the standard. it's like thinking white skin and straight hair are normal, and dark skin and frizzy hair as the other/marginal/abnormal. just imagine all the other implications of that kind of thinking.

• i didn't think it was necessary to get into this, but one the reasons it is viewed as offensive is the sheer euro- (or white-) centrism of it. what european people are saying is, they are the normal/universal humans and all others, are marginal, not-normal, not the standard. it's like thinking white skin and straight hair are normal, and dark skin and frizzy hair as the other/marginal/abnormal. just imagine all the other implications of that kind of thinking.

Yeah, I know that... and Conte is saying in the story that he understood it's wrong ("now we know it wasn't a great idea and we regret making you feel that way") . So, what else do you want him to do? Kill himself?

• In his last interview he said that even 7 countries from Europe will be able to play at OG so it excludes any sports from WC. Do you have any source?

The info about World Cup 2023 comes from the article you quated in your post. It talks about the changes to be introduced after the last committe meeting.