2019 Pan American Games

• years ago in a WGP, 3rd group match, COL faced CUB in australia, it was a total slugfest, the technical level might have been a bit low, but those women were hitting everything so hard. COL still had at the time both montaño & kenni moreno. CUB had a very young casanova still playing as MB, and a hard-hitting heidy rodriguez às OPP. she seems to have disappeared, certainly from the NT. casanova is now playing in europe, as an OPP.

i have always liked coneo, and also margarita martinez, even if i think the latter is not a world- class hitter. but COL really needs better MBs. too bad segovia is also under-performing lately.

• it’s interesting how ze handled this match with paula as a PT passer, and playing together with lorenne. in the 4th, lorenne got blocked and he took paula out, to bring in lana to receive. i think having both paula & lorenne is a risky strategy, it increases attacking power, but risks bad reception. now we know why maira is there, to receive, because for sure she can’t kill the ball.

• sloth, when did BRA lose to ARG? that’s like when JPN upset CHN in london... if BRA plays ARG 100 times, they win 99!!!!

Brazil lost against Argentina in the preliminary round of these Pan American Games. It was 3-0.

If we count when was the last time that Brazil A team lost against another southamerican, probably it was during the 90s (early one) against Peru.

The last time Brazil A lost a set in their region was in 2009. It was the World Championship Qualification tournment. There were Sheilla, Fabiana, Fabì, Thaisa and so on. I remember that after losing that set, Brazil just slaugthered Argentina the next one (25-9 or 10).

Last time Brazil A lost 2 sets, it was against Peru in South American Championship in 1999.

Since more than 20 years ago, Southamerican Championship is just training for the brazilians. However, they have almost always sent their main squad.

For the other tournments, as Panamerican Cup, they usually send B teams, C teams or even junior ones. Or they even dont participate :D

• Brazil have history of losing Pan Games, so, in this competitions it is pretty common to lose to South American teams, to be honest.. Although we used to send very bad teams, at least in the recent years), this year the squad was ok-ish, they should have won (except that "should, would, could" don't win matches :aww:)...

But sometimes is good to lose.. It builds character, we just need to be careful to not start a witch-hunt...

Losing to another south american is okay for me but thats ofcourse with tainara mayany and even julia playing to gain international expwrience. But ze didnt.

I must agree macris is just a club player. I think it might be fabiola and roberta.

• Losing to another south american is okay for me but thats ofcourse with tainara mayany and even julia playing to gain international expwrience. But ze didnt.

I must agree macris is just a club player. I think it might be fabiola and roberta.

If you don't have good reception, you cannot blame the setter, sorry

• Argentina giving a run for their money... I thought that it would be a clean and easy 3x0 for DOM but now we have a good game

• My God Brazil lose against Columbia, wow :what::gone:

• Colombia, Colombia.

Columbia is a river in the US. Actually is the name of many natural features or cities/regions in North America.

This is because Columbia is the national personification, an allegory of USA.

In the other hand, Colombia is the southamerican country.

• Colombia, Colombia.

Columbia is a river in the US. Actually is the name of many natural features or cities/regions in North America.

This is because Columbia is the national personification, an allegory of USA.

In the other hand, Colombia is the southamerican country.

Well actually in Croatian/Serbian it's Columbia, so no need to jump on his neck

• Well actually in Croatian/Serbian it's Columbia, so no need to jump on his neck

Sorry for the offtopic, but it was just a mere correction. I guess we are all here for learning too. I have been corrected thousand of times and learn many words, and I thank that. My intention wasnt to correct in a mean way. I apologize if it was understood like this.

I know that in german it is Kolumbien. Why? Because I have corrected a german user here too.

That's all :win:

• I'm really sad and frustrated.

But I will NEVER give up on these girls and on our NT.