2019 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship (August 18–25, Seoul)

• Why 3 libero? I was hoping they would take Kuttika. But as she isn't part of this year's wide roster...maybe that's why they couldn't add her?

• Anyone know if Korean Broadcasters are going to let us see this tournament? They are usually better about sharing than some other countries.

Or any other announcements of coverage? I imagine the Thai matches will be where they usually are SMM or TRU or whatever.

• SMM TV will broadcast all the Thai matches and some other matches such as Korean, Japanese, and Chinese.

I haven’t seen their whole schedule but they will definitely broadcast the Korean match today.

(And if you’re in Thailand, Thairath TV and Ture will broadcast all the Thai matches as well.)

• livestream365 has the AUS v KAZ match listed but it never loads for me :( endless stopwatch. I can't decide if that gives me hope or not :/

ONJ where do you watch SMM broadcasts? On their website or their youtube channel or ... ?

• Anyone know if Korean Broadcasters are going to let us see this tournament? They are usually better about sharing than some other countries.

Or any other announcements of coverage? I imagine the Thai matches will be where they usually are SMM or TRU or whatever.

In korea, SBS sports is broadcasting this tournament. In preliminary round they are going to broadcast korean games only, and I think they are going to broadcast all matches from semifinal.(it's not official...) If they broadcast other country's matches, it will be the match between china, japan, and thailand.

• This is tragic. Don’t these people understand how important this is to me :cheesy:

I’ve just remembered I’ve never been able to get a VPN to work to Thailand even if SMM or True or whoever would broadcast it locally :(

I guess it is what it is.

• Oh well

I was hoping for an HD broadcast with Clayton Lucas on the call. I think my hopes were too high. Watching the live score go by at sofascore is almost like being there.

Japan won the first set 25-12 over India. I wish I knew who was playing

• The rosters for each team Bulletin-1-8.17-1.pdf

I know the rosters but don't know who's on court. The "A benchers" or the "B winners" or some combination.

Lee So-Young looks like Tandara flying in from back court. Big. Pretty cool.

• The devil works hard but Thai women's NT works harder. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• interesting... KAZ seems to have added a couple of veterans (drobyshevskaya and safronova) that did not play in the IOQT.

AUS would be much better, i guess, if rourke would play for them.

INA seems to be missing the controversial aprilia...

• wow. the asian federation has the worst website ever, but it seems that KAZ had an easy time beating AUS 3-0, and JPN C-team beat IND even more easily. the score was so lopsided, it seems IND and many other countries just don't support their women's teams at all. how sad. except for IRN, there's no teams from west asia (and we all know under which conditions IRN women have to play)...

• According to the media, Jin Ye is truly as a substitute OP of Du Qing-qing for this time.

Liu Yan-han is still as an OH and Zheng Yi-xin is still as a MB.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• AVC site is worst than KFC chicken.

• it looks like wikipedia is a better source for results. crazy how lopsided the scores are:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Asian_Women's_Volleyball_Championship

2019 Asian Senior Women’s Volleyball Championship – Asian Volleyball Confederation

https://asianvolleyball.net/ne…-volleyball-championship/

Look at the Match Schedule section at the official link above for the match results.

China vs Indonesia SMM AVC 20th Asian Senior Women’s Volleyball Championship 2019

Full Match, Full HD quality!

In addition to youtube, search also facebook for some match replay and/or live coverage!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…s_Volleyball_Championship

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 4 times, last by samsara ().