2019 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship (August 18–25, Seoul)

• You called it out! I really don't grasp it why an Asian Championship, the highest level volleyball tournament in Asia, the equivalence of the European Volleyball Championship, be placed in this lesser thread instead of the "International Tournament".

I hope the Mod will relocate this thread. Thanks.

I don't care if you move it. I put it here because it's "A section for non-european tournaments and leagues", which I consider superior 8o and thought it might help keep the more eurotard comments at bay

• Who do you think going to win the THA-KOR showdown today?

I’ll always cheer for the Thai team but I think the Korean will win just because they have more thirst to win. They’re the host and trying to redeem their loss in the OQ with this championship.

The Thai team is just like.... “well, it’s difficult playing with the host. We’ll try our best. Let’s see what happens.” :P^^

Right, the KOR team is playing host, so it'll be pretty tough for the THA team here.

But the Asian Continental Qualifying Tournament is not hosted in KOR, I guess THA will host that one, and that one is what really matters for the THA team in relation to the Tokyo OG 2020.

This edition of the Asian Championship is more a business of the host KOR vs CHN team :whistle: KOR is trying to grab their very first title here :lol: the CHN team won't make it anything easier for them. I just watched again the CHN Bench squad in the 2019 VNL Finals :box:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Right, the KOR team is playing host, so it'll be pretty tough for the THA team here.

But the Asian Continental Qualifying Tournament is not hosted in KOR, I guess THA will host that one, and that one is what really matters for the THA team in relation to the Tokyo OG 2020.

This edition of the Asian Championship is more a business of the host KOR vs CHN team :whistle: KOR is trying to grab their very first title here :lol: the CHN team won't make it anything easier for them. I just watched again the CHN Bench squad in the 2019 VNL Finals :box:

OQ will be a thrilling match because it will be held in Thailand(though it is not official). Their fans are really enthusiastic, passionate.

CHN team is a whole new team compared to VNL 2019 finals. Liu xiaotong, Gong xiang yu, Wang yuanyuan, yao di is missing from the squad. So I think CHN × THA will be interesting!

• OQ will be a thrilling match because it will be held in Thailand(though it is not official). Their fans are really enthusiastic, passionate.

CHN team is a whole new team compared to VNL 2019 finals. Liu xiaotong, Gong xiang yu, Wang yuanyuan, yao di is missing from the squad. So I think CHN × THA will be interesting!

Your wish comes true. THA asked to see CHN team in semis, surrendered 4 points in a row in the 4th set against the KOR (21-25), aborted the tie attempt, they lost 1-3. A sweet revenge by the KOR team, NT A vs NT A full team, after suffered the bitter defeat in the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Korea beat thailand and block point was 16:1😂😂

Korea played good today especially Kim heejin. But they give so many point in one position. 7,8 points in a row. (like the match with russia a 3 weeks ago) This problem should be cleared if they want to go more higher.

Thauland played not good today. Nootsara's setting is read by korean blockers, resulting in 16 blocks. But I can't easily guess the result of OQ because pimpichaya and acharapon is not with the team.

• China came out the gate with confidence and then Japan showed them what's what :white:

JPN 25-14 CHN

See how things go from here :box:

• China's got their blocking in order and brought a complete change of fortune in Set 2 so far

• LOL What a match so far

JPN 11-25 CHN set 2

• Best 2 out of 3 now 8)

• China's playing with a little more confidence. Japan's gotta bring some cold steel and not let it get away. And get their reception back

• Zhang YC's looking a little scary. I wish someone on Japan could look scary. Not really their style, though :lol:

• My stream goes into a repeating loop every now and then and I have to reload :mad:

• Liu YH, geez. I guess that goes without saying.

Good challenges on the block touch from China. 3 for 3

• My stream goes into a repeating loop every now and then and I have to reload :mad:

A more steady watch is through its APP, but I hv problem in installing the App in my Tablet (smartphone is okay but screen is too small). Well just refresh every X minutes, problem solved.

Liu YH is the obvious star here.

OMG just as I typed a collision happened between Liu YH and the libero. Hopefully not serious!!

And I don't know why Ni FF is not played. She's the better libero.

• Oh no. This looks serious

• My stream went into repeato loop. What happened with Dao? That was her, right?