2019 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship (August 18–25, Seoul)

• Dao Linyu was diving-ish for a ball as the libero was sliding in on her knees to get it and Dao's face went into the libero's chest knocking her neck back, as best I could tell. Laid there for quite a while

• I think Nishikawa for Osanai is a good move

• Zhang's had her moments but not stable at it

• I love Yuki Nishikawa. She lives on another planet. Every team needs a player like that :flower:

• Atmosphere of game changed after the injury of diao...

Sure did, but this match has been all over the place. China had the momentum though and that definitely impacted it. I hope she's okay and our China friends can update us. My stream went bonkers after she was lying there for a while. I don't know if she walked off or was carried off

• YOLO's not having a YOLO game but Seki doesn't know how to use her and Hirayama the way Nakagawa did. If Seki can unleash them they'll finish this thing off properly

• Tense. But nothing better than Yamada at the line down the stretch

• oops, I junxed it :rolll:

aw girlfriend

• Weird match but it wasn't the 3-0 everybody thought it would be

• Interesting to watch Japanese U-20 play that well. Much better than I thought

I don't know how much better this China squad is than those Euro U20s, but this Japan U20 squad is much better than they played tonight. Missing the setter is a big part of it. I don't think I even noticed Shion Hirayama.

Fun stuff all around, though

• Tomorrow KORxJPN and CHNxTHA
    I think KOR would got over JPN with attack and height.

CHNxTHA will be really close match. China's main setter's injury makes it more intriguing. Guess it will be a tie-breaker!!

• Duan Fang and Zang Yi Chan are not playing well. They're not going to be with Team A China. No chance at all.

Both are quite poor players, Duan Fang needs a runway to go for her hits. By the time she reaches it , the ball is at a low height. The coach should change the libero too. She appears rather shaken by the accident and was in tears. The setting for China was pretty bad after Diao was stretchered out.

• I don't know how much better this China squad is than those Euro U20s, but this Japan U20 squad is much better than they played tonight. Missing the setter is a big part of it. I don't think I even noticed Shion Hirayama.

Fun stuff all around, though

Oh... their main setter is missing?? They fight really well then.

Tomorrow's match with Korea will be interesting too!

• JPN U-20 played a commendable match, almost turned over the table, almost!

CHN mixed team, well, did not play well. Only Liu YH shone there. Duan Fang, Zhang YC, hmmm, they are not serious materials. If this match against JPN U-20 was the best this team could show then they have no chance to further.

Frankly after watching this match I don't expect much from this team. Previously only watched their match against the weak team, INA. With the injured Diao LY, thing just get worse for the team. Not convincing…

I smile to imagine that CHN sent SUCH a MIXED (scratch) team to this tournament, as well as JPN with their U-20, clearly both are focusing on the WC, practically abandoning this event… while KOR and THA have whatever the best they may have here… logically this tournament belongs to the two, KOR & THA :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Oh... their main setter is missing?? They fight really well then.

Tomorrow's match with Korea will be interesting too!

I don't know if Tsukasa Nakagawa had to go back to school or if Coach Aihara just thought the setters here would be better, but Nakagawa had played with Soga and Nishikawa the past three years in HS, champs the last two years. She knows them better, imo, and gets the wily ways of Soga and Hirayama. And frankly, she's a lot more steely than Nanami Seki. You need that down the stretch