2019 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship (August 18–25, Seoul)

• CCTV not broadcasting the CHN v THA match. What's up with that?

• Anyone else questioned about this Japan squad at this tournament? They're going to the final now, beating the host at semifinal!

Hats off to Ishikawa, Yamada, Seki, Osanai, Soga, Hirayama, Mizusugi, coach Aihara and all team!!

(づ ‾‾ ³ ‾‾ )づ♥❤

That's from people who don't actually watch them. I mean, they're not beating Zhu Ting and the whatnots, but they are a group of kids with decent skills who don't get flustered. That's what I see in this J-squad. They feel like winners. They know how to execute.

• Diao Linyu started the match.

Where are you watching? Anything better than live365?

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVUds56qats

Quality isn't good, but it's all I found so far.

Cool. It's about the same quality as 365 but it's not Flash. Those Flash streams always heat up my laptop and cause the fans to blow

• What a rally at 23-23 :!:

• Thailand played really great today! Their defense was good and their attack was really good. So many block outs from them! 3rd set's 32-30 was real thrill.

Japan vs thailand in final will be a tough match if thailand keep this momentum. They were a whole different team compared to yesterday.

Korea vs china in 3rd place match is definitely out of expectation. If korea keep doing the things they did today, they're gonna lose. More attack from center is needed. Plus strong attack from the opposite.

• Perhaps Liu Yan-han is too tired.

Perhaps Ni Fei-fan is too young at least as the main libero of Chinese senior NT.

I know this China NT might be hard to be the winner.

Just I don't agree with this process.

Congratulations to Japan and Thailand!

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I fell asleep somewhere in the 3rd set :sleeping:

Cool that Thailand won. Now everybody gets to play everybody from the top four.

Thailand should be a better match up for Japan. China's block was a pain in the butt. Japan can play scrappy and fast with Thailand, and Thailand's greater experience shouldn't be a problem. This young Japan squad is stone cold. No fear. I don't think YOLO even knows what fear is :super:

But we'll see. It's going to be hairy!

• That AVC site, geebus. Like it's hosted on someone's laptop in their basement. I've been waiting since my previous post for the stat sheet to load :thumbdown:

• Sadness, disbelief, resignation. The camera trained on this trio right after match point. I feel bad for Korea and their fans. I'm all for home teams winning, and S Korea's had to battle, and has battled admirably through tough times recently. I hope they grab the Bronze.

• :sos: I still need a good CCTV HD copy of the JPN v CHN match for my library if anyone comes across one. The one from Sport Channel isn't that great and it doesn't have set 5

Come to think of it, I'd also love a JPN v KOR with Koreans making the call. I love the way Koreans call matches

• Looks like the Bronze Medal match is here:

http://aqstream.com/sbssp/SBS-Sports-Stream-2

but I can't be sure. It's all in Korean :)

And it looks like they are not going to broadcast the Gold Medal match :cursing: