2019 FIVB Women's Club World Championship

• I think Tianjin will be stronger that way... No need to bring more people, even if they are amazing like we know they are, and mess up with the chemistry, tactics and whatnot... Good decision

• Conegliano has the best team, on paper, in all of female volleyball since at least 2008 Brazil NT. They have a world-class (by that, I roughly mean Top 100 players in the world) on literally all 7 starting positions, plus 1 or 2 more on the bench, while Vitra has arguably 4 (one of whom will be sitting on the bench). So, 8-9 world-class players including one of the Big 3, while only habdful of other clubs in the world have more than 4 (though none more than 6).

Frankly, the very fact that we don't take it for granted that they will stomp the opponents in every single match in every single competition this year is a testament to how much we think they play below their potential.

• Conegliano to me is also definitely the favorite. They and Eczacibasi have been unbeaten for the longest time, will be an interesting start of the tournament :super:

• I think Tianjin will be stronger that way... No need to bring more people, even if they are amazing like we know they are, and mess up with the chemistry, tactics and whatnot... Good decision

I too, do not like bringing more people. But at the same time, I want to see those people.....

• Is Claudinha not fully healthy or Ananda is officially Praia's starting setter for the season?

I read somewhere, but i didn't find the source again, sadly, that Claudinha played this friendly match.. She is indeed recovering from a surgery and probably she is not 100% yet, but is slowly returning... When she is fit, she will be starter, Ananda isn't reliable enough for such a big team (neither Claudinha imo, but at least she has experience).

• I read somewhere, but i didn't find the source again, sadly, that Claudinha played this friendly match.. She is indeed recovering from a surgery and probably she is not 100% yet, but is slowly returning... When she is fit, she will be starter, Ananda isn't reliable enough for such a big team (neither Claudinha imo, but at least she has experience).

but so far Ananda is doing a great job with Praia

• (bold as NT players and give the years of Chinese players)

Tianjin's roster:

S - Yao Di (2013-present), Chen Xin-tong (2013-2018)

OP - Destine Hooker, Yang Yi

OH - Zhu Ting (2013-present), Li Ying-ying (2018-present), Wang Yi-zhu (2019-present), Yu Jun-wei (also OP)

MB - Yuan Xin-yue (2014-present), Wang Yuan-yuan (2016-present), Li Ya-nan, Yuan Yu-mo

L - Meng Zi-xuan (2018), Liu Li-wen

Guangdong's roster:

S - Yu Jia-rui (2017), Xu Xiao-ting

OP - Du Qing-qing (2019-present) (also OH), Chen Pei-yan (2017-2018)

OH - Tatiana Koshelova, Dobri Rabazhieva, Li Yao (all also OP)

MB - Zheng Yi-xin (2013-present) (also OP), Yang Han-yu (2018-present), Cao Ting-ting, Zhang Feng-mei

L - Lin Li (2015-present), Wang Min

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan