2019 FIVB Women's Club World Championship

• And again so tie match match between Novara and Vakifbank

26:24 for Vakif.

• He has winning trophies. Won super cup and now he is in the final game.

Even Barbolini doesnt fit with ECZ.

• I hope Courtney is ok. First Veji now Courtney. I want Novara to win this so badly after the performances they have put on so far. And Hancock with her serves and attacks from 2 are just so delightful to watch.

What happened?

• What happened?

She runs for the ball and she hits her knee on the referees table. But that was just the scratch nothing more serious. She back in the game in 3rd set.

• I hope Courtney is ok. First Veji now Courtney. I want Novara to win this so badly after the performances they have put on so far. And Hancock with her serves and attacks from 2 are just so delightful to watch.

Novara is the real surprise of the tournament, with Brako fresh after the injury and without Veljkovic, they put up a real fight against the best teams of the World. Barbolini' magic.

• This is always puzzling to me because I watch different volleyball. Most, if not all, the best Japanese hitters are also the best receivers. They receive, pass, and kill the ball ALL the time. Seems like their preferred way of playing

Japanese OH are all around players with amazing skills. But in the V League, as we know, there`s usually only 1 tall player in each team. That`s why mostly Japanese Players are able to pass and kill....but let`s say if they were playing in Europe ....doing both would be a challenge for them. They would still receive well, but would struggle to score.

• Novara is the real surprise of the tournament, with Brako fresh after the injury and without Veljkovic, they put up a real fight against the best teams of the World. Barbolini' magic.

Courtney was bleeding, she was taped like a mummy and played great when she came back on court. It was the symbol of this team. Besides Brako, credits to Sansonna who had,in my opinion, the best tournament of her life. If only Vasileva helped more Brakocevic offensively, she hits short cross court way too much, you need more variation in the attacks at the international stage

• In theory, in general, sure. How tall is Sylla? Compared to Saori, Ishii, Kurogo, etc?

It just seems to me that everyone talks about this—receiving and attacking—like it’s something that can’t be done.

I`m not sure because I have seen Sylla listed as 1.80 and 1.84cm

Gabi is only 1.80, and i think Saori is 1.85cm

Japanese players are not only short....but they are not physical at all....I think that is even more of a problem than being short.

• how was Gabi's performance today?

• Novara is the real surprise of the tournament, with Brako fresh after the injury and without Veljkovic, they put up a real fight against the best teams of the World. Barbolini' magic.

This tournament is full of surprises for sure. Everyone thought Tianjin was contender for the top spots, now they placed 8th. Novara was thought to not make it to the semis, ended up placing 1st in their poor. Their players are for sure not as well-known as the other teams' but man their games turned me into a fan. Too bad they were too drained today to put up a fight against Vakif, whose play just got better with every game. Novara had to play for 4 days straight and 3/4 of those were 5 setters (right?). Plus losing Veji was too big of a loss for them.

And anyone familiar with US Volleyball can tell me more about Hancock cos I don't know her well until this tournament. Has she ever been used under Kiraly?