2019 FIVB Women's Club World Championship

• kind of agree. She digs, jumps to save the balls and set in very “artistic move” that makes people think she is very very good even when she plays a rather poor game to her usual self. She is very solid and plays very good most of the time but there are days she is not the best libero on the court or in the tournament. That is because we keep hearing or reading comments like “Oh wow she set a slide to middle, she is the best” “oh wow how did she jump to save that ball she is out of this world” or even “she just made a cutie face when her team lost an easy point, she is out of this world” lol

I believe she is the best libero in the world at the moment, one of the best in the history of volleyball but people keep forgeting other liberos perform good and even better sometimes, just because they don’t do those artistic moves, you cannot say others are bad or worse.

Absolutely same opinion as mine.

That is exactly what i was going to say but you are better explained that and conjured.

• Debating with crovolley on the topics of Italy, Italian League, Conegliano, Wolosz, De Gennaro and Egonu is like having a "debate" with an excitable child (in a foreign language, at that). There is zero point to it, and nothing to be gained by it, so I advise you don't bother.

• Debating with crovolley on the topics of Italy, Italian League, Conegliano, Wolosz, De Gennaro and Egonu is like having a "debate" with an excitable child (in a foreign language, at that). There is zero point to it, and nothing to be gained by it, so I advise you don't bother.

oh, I know that by now and cannot agree more with you. My response was to Bogdan, not that user.

• Yeah De Gennaro was 4h libero at this competition and everyone knows that She was the best with few levels above everyone

:sos:

Stats say she isn't, get over it. You should look up the definition of 'objective' and 'subjective' on a dictionary. The best award in this case is awarded based on not your specific emotions but objective values like these statistics, any 12 y/o could even accept this concept.

Umu11 'She digs, jumps to save the balls and set in very “artistic move” that makes people think she is very very good even when she plays a rather poor game to her usual self. '

Very true indeed, she is an amazing and very decorated player, definitely one of the best liberos if not the best right now, I'm not arguing with that. But definitely a lot of people sleep on her bad days exactly because of the things you mentioned here.

• Not In million year Akoz can't be better than De Gennaro

Tijana Boskovic put De Gennaro in her dream team. As many other world class players.

Your opinion<<<<<their opinion.

• Give credit where credit is due. Based on stats, Simge was better both in reception and digs on that tournament. It was fair.

De Gennaro is a flashy libero especially when the ball is out of system. She can set balls to middles given the opportunity. Simge on the other hand is a technical libero. You may call it boring but she is very good at her job which is to receive well and dig well.

• Not In million year Akoz can't be better than De Gennaro

Tijana Boskovic put De Gennaro in her dream team. As many other world class players.

Your opinion<<<<<their opinion.

it's not my opinion, my opinion if you looked at the thread was that Monica was better as well. I'm trying to make you understand the difference between subjective and objective but it seems in your world objective doesn't exist at all.

Objectively based on stats, Simge was better at that tournament.

• it's not my opinion, my opinion if you looked at the thread was that Monica was better as well. I'm trying to make you understand the difference between subjective and objective but it seems in your world objective doesn't exist at all.

In his world objective is Italy who will win their 8 games at Tokyo 2020 25-0 25-0 25-0 all from Egonu's serve.

• I like this system of best players being picked by stats because it removes any unnecessary drama from happening and the feeling of players being picked unfairly based on emotion or... It should have at least.

But jesus, in this forum people can even argue with statistics. :rolll: just respect the dedication I guess.

• forumers have specific bets on who is their fave libero or players.

I just feel that FIVB should be objective on giving awards. Give the awards to the people based on STATS and not because they played in the finals. You can pick the MVP from the winning team but the BEST in every positions.

Take a look for example in the 2018 volleyball league of nations, roberta and adenizia should be best setters and best blockers accordingly but they give it to the players of the winning team.

My point here is, FIVB should give the awards to whoever deserves it. The stats are there to guide them. This erases subjectivity and irrational comments from this forum.

• Stats are a good guide but they aren’t perfect. Just thinking about liberos, her stats are going to be affected by if she has to cover for other players in reception as well as the quality of attacks she has to defend against, the quality of her own team’s block, etc. and these things clearly aren’t the same for every player. Also I believe different stages of the competition should be weighed differently, a good performance in the final deserves more credit than a good performance in a group match with your team already qualified.

With that said, De Gennaro didn’t do anything so special in this competition and her not winning the best libero award is not such a big deal that it needs more analysis 3 weeks after the competition is over. Well done, Simge. :thumbup:

• Give credit where credit is due. Based on stats, Simge was better both in reception and digs on that tournament. It was fair.

De Gennaro is a flashy libero especially when the ball is out of system. She can set balls to middles given the opportunity. Simge on the other hand is a technical libero. You may call it boring but she is very good at her job which is to receive well and dig well.

Flashy was the exact word I was looking to describe her indeed! She does some spectacular moves on the court that gives the perception to people that she is out of this world but at the end of the day what matters is the consistency both in the game and in whole tournament. So it was fair and square that Monica didn't get the reward.

• Stats are a good guide but they aren’t perfect. Just thinking about liberos, her stats are going to be affected by if she has to cover for other players in reception as well as the quality of attacks she has to defend against, the quality of her own team’s block, etc. and these things clearly aren’t the same for every player. Also I believe different stages of the competition should be weighed differently, a good performance in the final deserves more credit than a good performance in a group match with your team already qualified.

With that said, De Gennaro didn’t do anything so special in this competition and her not winning the best libero award is not such a big deal that it needs more analysis 3 weeks after the competition is over. Well done, Simge. :thumbup:

Well said. I remember a particularly egregious case of "pure statistics deciding the individual awards" was World Cup 2015, when Dominican Republic, which finished 7th, had 2 players in Dream Team, while all 3 medal winners got 1, each. It looked just so utterly weird and stupid, and I remember it got a lot of flak at the time, and I don't think it's a coincidence that something like that never happened again, after.

• My God if De Gennaro had done nothing special than Simge didn't done Nothing.

Go watch final again. Thank U, NEXT.

This Turkish trolls are everything

In which World stats are important for libero and setter :what:

When they are on side of Turkish players they are important :whistle:

• When a troll calls me troll

12321453_927645870687591_8025293361649968562_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=70KMT_I23eQAQmGZK1BFs3fDTVzdl2osTJHdDkUw5skik5TNjQrrtJslg&_nc_ht=z-p3-scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=d6b16c322ebf72408763ad63421c30e2&oe=5E66A4F3

• For them it is okej that Gozde won MVP that She didn't deserve next to Zhu Ting at CL, but things like this are okej.

Trolls. Double standards.

I repeat Sigme didn't play single match better than De Gennaro at WCCH. Simple as that.

• Matthias

Closed the thread.